Has anyone else tried the New Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC? Your thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
I went out and bought the mini along with a pack of new coils. I'm vaping on a MVP2 at full 11 watts and I am finding it to be a much cooler cape then the BDC that i was using before. Im not hating but i would like it a little warmer. So I'm wondering if anyone else has found it to be the same on using these vv devices, before I go out and buy something a little more powerful, as I really don't want to get into mods.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I went out and bought the mini along with a pack of new coils. I'm vaping on a MVP2 at full 11 watts and I am finding it to be a much cooler cape then the BDC that i was using before. Im not hating but i would like it a little warmer. So I'm wondering if anyone else has found it to be the same on using these vv devices, before I go out and buy something a little more powerful, as I really don't want to get into mods.
I run mine at 18-20 watts.. Nice warmer vape. 11 watts is low for these.. imho

NickBK718

May 13, 2014
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I just received the new bvc coils for my regular nautilus and it produces nice flavor and vapor. It does seem to be a cooler vape. I had the old coils at 9.5 - 10 watts and it was a warmer vape. I have a vtr and tried the bvc coils at 15 watts(its max) and I could see myself going higher. But overall they seem to be better than the old coils but if you like a warmer vape it will have to be at a high wattage. It is a mini "carto-tank" and works.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I just received the new bvc coils for my regular nautilus and it produces nice flavor and vapor. It does seem to be a cooler vape. I had the old coils at 9.5 - 10 watts and it was a warmer vape. I have a vtr and tried the bvc coils at 15 watts(its max) and I could see myself going higher. But overall they seem to be better than the old coils but if you like a warmer vape it will have to be at a high wattage. It is a mini "carto-tank" and works.

I found the coil breaks in too after 1 day of use.. I would suggest 15 watt -20 watts would be the sweetest spot on these.. Flavor is much better as they break in good..

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I think your right doots, i put at 6.0 volts but I'm not sure if my vtr can actually hit that. I does seem like the flavor gets better at a higher setting and no dry hits and no burnt flavor. Overall I'm impressed and would like to know if anyone can share their experiences with cleaning and dry burning these coils.

I think dry buring is out on these. cleaning , as much as you can with a soak will probably have to do.. Think dry burning would scorch the filler as it would in a carto. I have been using the first one for a little over a week with no signs of it failing.. yet.. Havnt cleaned it or anything. will just toss when its' life is over :).

Wickedgt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
HOLY GREAT VAPE BATMAN!!!

Just rev'd my Aspire Nautilus Mini in the Vape Mail today... Holy crap! What a nice vape! My wife and I quit smoking back in February thanks to Vaping... I'm quite the tinkerer and rebuild my Kayfuns and Drippers for a fantastic vape... and she's well... let's just say fill it, vape it and she's a happy camper. So I've been on a quest for a nice tank with good flavor and easy for my wife to reload. I even bought a Kayfun mini (not the Nano) for her... but she'll never rebuild it but it vapes really, really well. Problem is, it leaks like a .... from the air hole when filling it. No Mater how I refill it, it just wastes fluid. She likes the full sized Kayfuns I'm using but they "look ridiculous" on her MVP and her VV/VW 3.0.

Enter the Nautilus Mini... I can't tell you what a fantastic vape from a mass produced tank and heads! I'm just blown away! I think she'll be very happy with this set up when she gets home. I have the full sized Nautilus and may even stick a BVC coil in it for myself! I'm still sold on my Kayfuns and drippers, but man what a nice vape. Flavor and vapor is unreal from this little tank.

Needless to say, I'm blown away... and happy I finally found a nice tank for my wife!:banana::banana::banana:

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
Couldn't agree more with everyone. I do find the vapor and flavor much better then the bdc. Only downfall is the fact that it's a cooler vape so for vv devices like the MVP, if you want a warmer vape then this is not right for you. But overall I would say its a fantastic vape. Looks like a new vv is in store for me. Any recommendations on a vv that will hit 15-20 watts?

Wickedgt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I know I'm probably gonna get some feedback from other members, but I'm thrilled with my Innokin SVD 15 watt tube mod. There are a lot of other SVD owners who swear by them too. It was my first mod and I STILL use it everyday. I also have a Cloupor DNA30 but honestly I use my SVD more than my DNA30. It's been bullet proof. I've dropped it, and it keeps on vaping. It's VERY easy on batteries. I have some Panasonic 18650PF's that last about two days before I need a charge. I vape about 5mls a day. It's a variable tube mod that will take from 18350 to 18650's. There are A LOT of great mods out there, but my SVD has rocked since day one. Besides, you can find them for around $38 bucks for the express kit. (Which is just the mod with no iClear 30 tanks.) For that price you really can't go wrong IMHO.

Also see my previous post about switching your MVP to volts mode and crank it up to 5 volts. That may warm your vape up.

Last edited:

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
I know I'm probably gonna get some feedback from other members, but I'm thrilled with my Innokin SVD 15 watt tube mod. There are a lot of other SVD owners who swear by them too. It was my first mod and I STILL use it everyday. I also have a Cloupor DNA30 but honestly I use my SVD more than my DNA30. It's been bullet proof. I've dropped it, and it keeps on vaping. It's VERY easy on batteries. I have some Panasonic 18650PF's that last about two days before I need a charge. I vape about 5mls a day. It's a variable tube mod that will take from 18350 to 18650's. There are A LOT of great mods out there, but my SVD has rocked since day one. Besides, you can find them for around $38 bucks for the express kit. (Which is just the mod with no iClear 30 tanks.) For that price you really can't go wrong IMHO.

Also see my previous post about switching your MVP to volts mode and crank it up to 5 volts. That may warm your vape up.

Yes idi did try that cranking it up to 5 volts but still not that warm. Taste and vapor production is still good but just not warm at all. I will definelty need to start looking into some variable mods I guess to get a warmer vape.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Yes idi did try that cranking it up to 5 volts but still not that warm. Taste and vapor production is still good but just not warm at all. I will definelty need to start looking into some variable mods I guess to get a warmer vape.

I am currently at 5.9v and enjoying it on the 1.8 head reading at present 2 ohms.. Yes, more than 5v is really needed after the atty breaks in to experience all this atty can provide..

I might add: If Aspire will lower the ohms on this atty just a bit to say 1.3 to 1.5, 15 watts should be good for almost everyone and could be enjoyed on many more current mods out there. They say they have a 1.6 ohm head but I havent tried it..

Last edited:

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
I am currently at 5.9v and enjoying it on the 1.8 head reading at present 2 ohms.. Yes, more than 5v is really needed after the atty breaks in to experience all this atty can provide..

I might add: If Aspire will lower the ohms on this atty just a bit to say 1.3 to 1.5, 15 watts should be good for almost everyone and could be enjoyed on many more current mods out there. They say they have a 1.6 ohm head but I havent tried it..

I bought an extra pack of 1.6 ohm coils, just haven't tried them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread