Has anyone else tried the New Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC? Your thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
QUESTION: I've noticed people talking about the top o ring of the nautilus mini causing flooding if installed the wrong way. What is the correct placement of the o-ring? I had flooding issues and my o-ring had the indented circles up against the inside of the top of the drip tip top. I got a new tank today and was wondering if it should be facing towards the inside of the tank?

-Rachel

Last edited:

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
How long have you had your mini and who did you purchase it from? If it was a recent purchase, it would have been wise to contact whoever you bought it from and get an exchange. You shouldn't have had the problems you did, but then you may have voided your warranty when you damaged the hole. But I'd still contact the seller and explain the issues you've experience and be honest about what you did.

I got a new one today so I'll see what happens with this one. So far I'm having no issues with the new tank. The o ring has the indented circles facing the top of thr drip tip, not towards the lip of the tank. I'm not sure if I understand how the o ring should be positioned.

-Rachel

Last edited:

Bombeni

Jan 28, 2015
Tulsa, Oklahoma

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Yes, they are the right ones......if they actually ARE the one's in the picture. Annoying that they didn't call them Nautilus BVC Coils...tsk tsk., as most suppliers do so to differentiate them from the earlier Aspire non-Nauti coils that work with several, mostly earlier, tanks.

If you get frustrated in trying to find the best deals all at one place, try Discount Vapers. I believe they have both the mini Nauti and Nauti coils in stock just a bit more than the best sale prices I've seen.

rocketman29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne, FL
I'm buying some nautilus mini tanks to use with my 20 watt Itaste. This is what I'm buying:

Genuine ASPIRE Nautilus Mini - 101 Vape

I want replacement coils to but these say bcc, I don't know if that matters or what the difference is. do these go w the tanks?

http://101vape.com/clearomizers-glassomizers/376-genuine-aspire-bvc-replacement-coils-5-pack.html

Cheaper here:

Electronic Cigarette - Best Electronic Cigarette - Vapor Cigarette Buy the Best Aspire Nautilus Mini (BVC) - Genuine from www.evape.us

http://www.evape.us/nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil/

This is where I buy mine.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I have a nautilus with a 1.8 ohm coil, when it first put it in it was reading 2.0 and now its at 2.2... Does this mean it's a dud and should change it out?

No, when I was using these coils, they often read different than their published spec. If it's vaping OK, there's no reason to get rid of it. If it's not vaping as expected, then I would get rid of it.

No, when I was using these coils, they often read different than their published spec. If it's vaping OK, there's no reason to get rid of it. If it's not vaping as expected, then I would get rid of it.

Where is the fault? Is the coil not accurate is my eleaf istick (50w) not accurate?

arth1

Feb 17, 2015

Yes, and I am not pleased.
They flood easier, and may be better for those who use really thick and sweet VG-based juices, but for others it's not an improvement at all.

There are actually three different versions of the Nautilus BVCs:
1: Small holes, wide grooves in the screw finger grip, thick electroplating.
2: Small holes, narrow grooves in the screw finger grip, thin electroplating.
3: Large holes, narrow grooves in the screw finger grip, thin electroplating.

The #1 is the #1. I can wash them and re-use them multiple times. With #2 and #3, the electroplating is so thin that it won't survive five minutes in an ultrasound cleaner, and becomes grey and metal-tasting during normal use.
I want to find someone who has a stock of the first type, because it's a far better product for my use, with PG-heavy non-sweet juices and cleaning and re-using the coils.

There's also 1.8 vs 1.6 Ohm varieties. I recommend the 1.8 Ohm, because the 1.6 Ohm ones can only be used up to 5V, which means they won't deliver any more wattage than the 1.8 Ohm ones which can go higher. The 1.6 Ohm ones also take longer to warm up, meaning there's a delay from you push the button until you get aerosol. If you have a battery that can't do more than 5V anyhow, and don't mind the extra heating time, the 1.6 Ohm might be good for bigger clouds. Otherwise, the 1.8 Ohm is the better choice.

Last edited:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Where is the fault? Is the coil not accurate is my eleaf istick (50w) not accurate?

There may not be a fault. As I said, the coils are not always exactly the ohm they say they are. The question is if it's vaping OK? If it is, you're likley just fine. If it's not, it may be a dud.

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
I'm using the new cotton 3 times larger holes Aspire coils.. on 4 of my Nautilus' The older coils were just fine for me
but the newer ones are just plain outstandingly awesome... the Flavors and clouds ... wow!
Best coils I've ever used... And, I used quite a few different mods with many differemt coil setups.. These newer Aspire coils, again are magnificent

rocketman29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Can the people for whom these coils are working well describe how they vape?

1. MTL (Mouth to Lung) or straight to lung.
2. Wattage or voltage used.
3. Typical air hole setting.

I suspect these work well for the lung hitters at high wattage open airflow and not for the MTL smaller air hole low watt toodle puffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread