Has anyone else tried the New Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC? Your thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

arth1

Feb 17, 2015
Can the people for whom these coils are working well describe how they vape?

1. MTL (Mouth to Lung) or straight to lung.
2. Wattage or voltage used.
3. Typical air hole setting.

I suspect these work well for the lung hitters at high wattage open airflow and not for the MTL smaller air hole low watt toodle puffers.

Mostly mouth reservoir to lung, some direct lung hits
Max wattage for the coils.
Indoors second smallest, outdoors second largest.

70-90% PG. I hate clouds. Those who insist on sitting at a bar or standing in front of a door letting out huge clouds are those who work hard on getting vaping banned like smoking. I hold my vapor in for as long as I can and breathe out slowly through my nose to reduce the visible clouds. I vape perhaps 6ml per day.

And the new coils suck for me. They flood if I wait too long between puffs, and the electroplating wears off and I get metallic taste and bad screw fit. Right now I puff on an old coil, cleaned three times, because I truly prefer it to the brand new big hole coils.

Last edited:
There may not be a fault. As I said, the coils are not always exactly the ohm they say they are. The question is if it's vaping OK? If it is, you're likley just fine. If it's not, it may be a dud.

I changed it out for a different one, the 1.8 I was using originally was the one that came with the Nautilus, which was supposed to be a BVC coil. I changed it with a replacement BVC 1.8 and there's been a huge improvement. It's been reading 1.9 or 2.0 though.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
70-90% PG. I hate clouds. Those who insist on sitting at a bar or standing in front of a door letting out huge clouds are those who work hard on getting vaping banned like smoking. I hold my vapor in for as long as I can and breathe out slowly through my nose to reduce the visible clouds. I vape perhaps 6ml per day.
Well said! :thumb:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I changed it out for a different one, the 1.8 I was using originally was the one that came with the Nautilus, which was supposed to be a BVC coil. I changed it with a replacement BVC 1.8 and there's been a huge improvement. It's been reading 1.9 or 2.0 though.

I believe all the BVC coils have BVC etched on the casing as well as the ohms. The BDC's may not. Also, it is common for the ohms to be off .1-.2, as well as readings vary depending on the equipment reading them. :) The ohms also change slightly with use and cleaning.

arth1

Feb 17, 2015
I believe all the BVC coils have BVC etched on the casing as well as the ohms. The BDC's may not. Also, it is common for the ohms to be off .1-.2, as well as readings vary depending on the equipment reading them. :) The ohms also change slightly with use and cleaning.

The resistance also changes with temperature, as well as with whether the chamber is dry. The stated resistance is for a coil that is wet. The resistance change is the main reason why there are 3rd party nickel coils that can be used with mods that can monitor the resistance, and adjust the voltage accordingly. They work great, but at a high cost.

Lower resistance generally means higher wattage, according to the old U=R*I formula, but for the Nautilus original coils, that is not necessarily so.The 1.8 Ohm coils can be used at 3.3-6.0V, which equates to 6-20W (for new coils). The 1.6 Ohm coils can be used at 3.3-5,0V, which equates to 6.8-15.6W (for new coils). So the range is lower, and they take longer to warm up. The only reason to get them is if using a mod that can't go higher than 5V, like Aspire's own CF VV or VV+, where the high setting is 4.8V. But even then you pay for the paltry 1.4W extra by having to wait longer from you press the button until you get vapor.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK

I'm completely the other end of the scale as you can see lol

Of course I have to agree, I wouldn't dream of taking my darkhorse to the pub, nautilus mini is my going out vape and even then I crank it down.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Question....In regards to the new BVC coils with the organic cotton and enlarged holes.....have these lost any length of use as a result versus the original coils?

Seems the original with the "ceramic" or so it is said, would last longer than organic cotton. Any thoughts?:unsure:

A buddy of mine says absolutely shorter life span. He says 2 weeks max and now no more dry burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread