Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Hmmm... Does "by Kangertech" qualify? I saw a clone of a subtank on fasttech & it didn't have the logo on it. This one does. Maybe I should contact them.

You may want to do that, Barb. They seem to be a good company and I would "think" that those are authentic but, we all know where thinking can get us at times ;)

Barbchris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Harrisburg, PA
Mine has shipped, so when I check the code I will post what I found. I messaged them on FB & he replied "we sell authentic products" which would technically be a true statement as long as they sold 2 authentics... He didn't say all the products are authentic. But he got back to me quickly, a good sign.

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Cayman Islands
I ordered from them last week (2nd order). My experience was a little different from most though. The first order I made from here where I live with 0 issues; bought an istick and a few minor doodads. Second order though! My God, I had to pull teeth to get it through. They started blocking any orders originating from a non-US IP even though I do have a US CC and a US address to ship to and I had ordered from them before. Then they held my order for 2 days before they sent me an email since the billing address and shipping did not match. Then told me I had to photocopy the CC i used to make the order and send that to them as well. All information was exactly the same as my first order but they didn't care. I don't think I will be ordering from them again unless they lighten up a little bit. I have ordered from a list of online stores and these guys made it the hardest for me to give them my money of any of them.

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
After some digging around, I found this info on their Wholesale Price List link on their website:

Total Vape
2120 S 320th St Suite A
Phone: (253) 245-3353
Federal Way WA 98003

I'm just guessing Total Vape could be their parent company or related entity. The history on VapeNW's Facebook page begins around November 2014 although I'm not sure how long they've been around. They appear to be legit and their website appears professional. I discovered them while searching for the new Joyetech Delta 2 RBA, and I'm seriously thinking buying it from them very soon.

sisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Texas
I have ordered from them with no problems. When ordering an item for $29. that may sell elsewhere for $39. read the info closely. The $39. item may be a full kit, whereas the vapenw item may not include the extras, such as a charger, USB cable, extra coil, etc.

Vapenw received a batch of iSticks with poorly machined 510 threads. This was unknown until after the mods where shipped. They put a notice on their site encouraging customers who received the defective items to contact them for a refund or exchange. To me, that says a lot about the credibility of a business.

I will not hesitate to order from them again.

1990FOXBODY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Bryan, Texas
I feel the need to check back in on this since my other post could be considered negative. I ordered a extra Subtank, a Istick 30w and a pack of replacement coils for my backup Atlantis from VapeNW. The items were shipped within 24 hours for free since my order was over $75.00, and arrived in my mailbox 3 days later. Everything is authentic and arrived undamaged. I would not hesitate to order again.

I will add that sisu makes a great point to check if you are ordering the "kit" or just the Istick as mine did not say, yet arrived with just an Istick and no charger. This is not a negative for me as my cellphone and tablet use miniUSB chargers so I have plenty of them, but others might not have this type of charger. Also, my threads are just fine. Subtank works perfectly on it with the .5 coil.

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
Yesterday I ordered the egrip and two boxes of coils. I put my work address in for shipping. Like xxJollyRogerxx I was asked to send them a photo of my credit card. This is the email I received:

"Hello there,

It appears that your shipping and billing address do not match. We are requiring further validation for your security.

Please respond to this email within 48 hours with a copy or picture of the card used for the purchase. Only your full name and last 4 digits of the card number must be visible.

If no response is made within the 48 hours we will automatically refund the order amount.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Reply to this email to avoid delays in your shipment.

Thank you for choosing VapeNW
Sincerely Emmanuel,
949-445-3353"

I tried calling them today to cancel my order (it's a google voice number) but they are closed. I like their prices but that's too much inconvenience and in nearly 10 years shopping on the web I've never had a company make that request of me. I'm going to pick up the egrip elsewhere as soon as vapenw processes my refund.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
For those of you shipping to a different address than the billing one,

While I can appreciate that it's a bit of a hassle, I also can't fault the vendor for trying to make sure this isn't a fraudulent purchase. It does, after all, help protect all of us from credit-card fraud and identity theft.

I know in the past I have ordered various stuff to be drop-shipped to other people, and I've always been a bit surprised that most companies will let you do this with no problem (on the other hand, most, but not all of these companies are ones I already ordered from, which might certainly make a difference).

In any case, I really don't think we need to come down hard on companies that require extra info for a 3-rd party ship. It may not be something you're willing to do, but let's not blame the vendor. If identity theft wasn't such a big problem, life would be easier all around.

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
In any case, I really don't think we need to come down hard on companies that require extra info for a 3-rd party ship. It may not be something you're willing to do, but let's not blame the vendor. If identity theft wasn't such a big problem, life would be easier all around.

My intention isn't to blame or come down hard on vapenw. I simply consider sending the photo an unnecessary hassle when I can order from a company that won't ask that of me. I agree that identity theft is a big problem and I'm aware of the risks I take when shopping online.

Had I been notified about sending the photo while submitting my shipping info at checkout I would have moved onto another website, now I need to wait for vapenw to process my refund. Some customers will likely appreciate the extra precautions vapenw is taking- I'm just not one of them, and I wish my time hadn't been wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread