Has Bobas taste changed?

Discussion in 'Alien Visions E-Juice' started by Kusa, Jul 12, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kusa

Kusa Full Member

I don't know but this batch of bobas has a sour taste to me and i have usually loved it out of the bottle from the start. Any of you knotice a change or is it just me have tried all different delivery methods. I have this one steeping for a week and it seems worse. I' bummed

2. cigzag

cigzag Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My 100 ml bottle took about 3 weeks of steeping before it's premium taste came out.

3. nicetucu

nicetucu Super Member ECF Veteran

well I guess you have the original batch before they ran out right? If so than no...tastes the same to me out of a 30ml bottle from the start.

I purchased two bottles 30ml 24mg of BB and GJ and they both taste the same to me.... ordered them the 3rd or 4th soft open (when the randomly opened in early june). Is it a 100ml bottle? did you ask for a flavor shot? my two cents.

4. Kusa

Kusa Full Member

Hmm after thinking about this problem. I just took an atti on my reo and fired it up. No sour taste. I have been using cotton wicks in my rba and maybe it was causing the wonky taste So I whipped up a wick with some good old silica and tastes good now. Maybe it was the cotton I was using. Don't know? Maybe my tastebuds are out of wack lately
    Oh and no flavor bump

5. charlzrocks

charlzrocks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oh no, not the dreaded "Taste Duds"! LOL!

6. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I must admit I was a little concerned hearing posts of BB taste changing and my bottle from a few weeks ago didn't taste quite right when fresh outta the mailbox. BUT . . . a couple weeks later it is tasting just fine and like I remember, so I guess it just needed a little steeping, first. Funny, 'cos I usually haven't bothered to in the past, but since it's all good now I got nothing to complain about :)

7. Kusa

Kusa Full Member

Well I have been without it for so long maybe these other juices I have been using messed up my tastebuds.
    Update: Things are back to normal with the silica. I'm gonna have to investigate the cotton with this juice. Maybe it was contaminated somehow seeing they were just cotton balls for my wife's makeup. Shes Gonna Pay!!:facepalm:

8. Lucky1127

Lucky1127 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Been the same for me however GJ tastes a little off

9. unloaded

unloaded Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been vaping out of same 100ml bottle for a while and tried rolled cotton wick a week or so ago. The flavor changed drastically. I think the cotton filters out the solids and makes it taste way off. Also if you notice your cotton is black after about 1ml, that's the solids caught in it not making it to the coil. Silica or Nextel doesn't do this. I went back to 1/32" Nextel in my micro coils and its heaven every since. The cotton does work nice on clearer juices though.

10. Kusa

Kusa Full Member

Went back to cotton and it tastes great. My tastebuds must have been fubar. Actually its awesome now. Needed some time i guess

11. Porphy

Porphy Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

This is a stickler for me, and here's why: We will never change the recipe(flavor) of a e-liquid. If a change occurs we would rather rename the new flavor (since that what it is) then call it by another name. However, that information aside. We will not change the flavor of any recipe. (this leads back to the earlier point)

Keep in mind that more goes into the effect you experience than the e-liquid alone. Voltage, resistance, design of your device, materials used, etc. all play more than a minimal role in the flavor and effect you receive.

12. AK Aaron

AK Aaron Senior Member ECF Veteran

It's is my first bottle tried. Have been vaping it right out of the mailbox and its THE BOMB!! I will be placing a 100 ml order next week and I've heard it gets better steeped. WHOA MOMMA! Can't wait for that! I really want to try the gorilla juice but I'm not sure that I'd like banana flavor :/ So maybe ill just stick with the Boba's

13. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann Visit the PIF Sub-Forum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I get this; I totally get this. However, and I do not refute your position on this, but when I tasted Boba's before, I tasted what seemed to me to be a natural tobacco base (I PMed you about this, but never heard back) and now when I taste Boba's, I get a heavy dose of Gamel (not saying that Gamel is not a natural tobacco base, but it is quite distinct and impossible to hide--even in costume). Now, the interesting thing is that I can deal with Gamel and all of its briny, vinegar like taste (I dig it); but with Boba's, it ("it" meaning the other flavor that makes Boba's, Boba's) doesn't fair well (to me) against the backdrop of that base. It just can't compete.

I have been vaping now since 2010 and for the past 2 years I have used the same mod, the same attys (same brand and resistance), and the same watts (res/voltage). Hell, I even use the same drip tips. LOL. I said all that to say that if you say you haven't changed anything about Boba's since it's inception, then I take you word for it; but take my for it when I say this liquid does not taste the same as it did (I first had it early last year and have had some since). Yes, the top of Boba's is the same, but the bottom (base) does not taste the same at all.

14. SirHill54

SirHill54 Full Member Verified Member

Same problem for me :(
    Extra flavor can be the problem ?

15. unowner

unowner Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i agree with you completely, when i first tasted boba it was at 6mg(no flavor bump) and tasted heavenly.. and 2nd time i ordered was @ 12mg.... it smelled like bobas but tasted was little off... i thought it was the 12mg that was making the difference and ordered 6mg. it was getting close to what i had it first but was still just a little bit off. Maybe extra flavor bump would make it but until AVE sort this out, i wont be ordering it again.

16. ph0kused

ph0kused Senior Member ECF Veteran

Last month, and this month, I've spent over $300.00 w/ Ben over at AVE Juice.

Possibly since they ran out of stock, maybe their stock wasn't sitting on the shelf for very long. I took that into consideration and steeped mine for 2 weeks.

Same great taste.

However, right out of the mail I got an OVERWHELMING honey taste. But... it still tasted great :laugh:

Initially I was going to write something on here about flavor change - but I let it steep w/ caps on in my below 74 degree steeping closet - after 2 weeks, it darkened up visually, and went back to the same ole' BB amazing taste.

17. The Don Mega

The Don Mega Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Same here, man. I don't even think its a little off. It's way off to what I've had in the past. I have some 100mL bottles steeping right now, tho. Been in the drawer for 9 days now. I want to try it so darn bad, but I'm just goin to let it sit for another week or two. Ppl are saying 3-4 wks of steeping time to get that taste we are all accustomed to.

18. steven445

steven445 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

How are you getting the cotton to not burn with the Bobas?
    Every time I tried a rolled cotton wick with Bobas it turns the wick really dark really quick.

19. BentWookie

BentWookie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I completely agree Mr.Mann. After receiving my order from the test opening it did not taste the same as my prior reserves. I did not want to say anything until I received an order of flavor bumped Boba's since the first order was not flavor bumped. I then compared the two and neither one quite matched my prior reserve. I then let the flavor bumped bobas steep a couple weeks and it is still not the same (to me). I am missing some of what people describe as the "graham cracker" flavor and getting more fruity notes than I am accustomed to. I am not implying there was any change in the recipe but it is my belief that something definitely has changed.

20. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann Visit the PIF Sub-Forum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I kept mine for awhile and it stayed the same. Gamel is a reorder for me. However, I do NOT recommend that juice as it is one funky ... liquid. But I love it! :laugh: (No joke, I love it.)