Status
Not open for further replies.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
Last month, and this month, I've spent over $300.00 w/ Ben over at AVE Juice.

Possibly since they ran out of stock, maybe their stock wasn't sitting on the shelf for very long. I took that into consideration and steeped mine for 2 weeks.

Same great taste.

However, right out of the mail I got an OVERWHELMING honey taste. But... it still tasted great :laugh:

Initially I was going to write something on here about flavor change - but I let it steep w/ caps on in my below 74 degree steeping closet - after 2 weeks, it darkened up visually, and went back to the same ole' BB amazing taste.

I definitely got more of a honey flavor out of my new, not quite as steeped bottles. It's back to normal at this point. I only order 100 mil bottles and what I typically do is shake up my 100 mil bottle and transfer 30 mils to another daily use bottle at a time. The flavor changes with time, no doubt about it.

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
I definitely got more of a honey flavor out of my new, not quite as steeped bottles. It's back to normal at this point. I only order 100 mil bottles and what I typically do is shake up my 100 mil bottle and transfer 30 mils to another daily use bottle at a time. The flavor changes with time, no doubt about it.

When did you get it? I got some maybe couple of weeks ago. Has that raisiny flavor that people mentioned. Maybe I got to order some more if I can get more of a honey flavor.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
I don't think that's going to help you. Ben really hasn't changed the recipe. Sometimes, Boba's just tastes different to me and some notes come through stronger than others. I've been vaping it for almost two years and I still get differences in the flavor from day to day. That's what I love about it.

There are those out there who think it just tastes like raisins...

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
You guys are tempting me. I have a couple hundred mils steeping since first week of June. I'm dying to find out what they taste like.

Dude what are you waiting. Don't deprive yourself any longer. Steal a bit of that juice and and vape away. Cheers :smokie:

Last edited:

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
I'm a huge AVE supporter / fan.

However I purchased around 90 ml in June, loved it. Honey tobacco / graham crackery taste.

Then I made my first "big" purchase - 200ml (2 big bottles)

i vaped some right away, tasted no honey, just tobacco... reminded me of the cig-look-a-likes general tobacco cartridges... nothing exciting at all about it.

So then I steeped it w/ caps on, shaking every day.

nothing...

it's been 14 days and it's stayed the exact same. On my early june order, I didn't even steep it because it tasted so delicious right out of the mailbox. So i submitted a ticket yesterday, Ben was nice enough to offer to switch out my bottles for me... I hate being one of "those" customers, but I have to say the flavor shift was dramatic to say the least. My june order was placed right before AVE went out of stock for a month!

Then when they were back in stock, I was first in line - that's when it changed. No complaints here, as I know if anyone could resolve it, it's AVE. My juice delivery device has remained the same. For the last 6 months I've been using 2 devices only.

I use an eVic w/ vivi nova 1.8 ohm heads (new ones have been bought, but still the same.)

I also use a k100 w/ nimbus running dual coils coming out around .6 - .8 ohms depending (silica wicks) Also have 3/32 air holes drilled out.

So with my PV and my mech mod I can't even get a remote hint of honey... just straight tobacco. After I get my bottles switched out and steeped, I will post an update for you guys.

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Last month, and this month, I've spent over $300.00 w/ Ben over at AVE Juice.

Possibly since they ran out of stock, maybe their stock wasn't sitting on the shelf for very long. I took that into consideration and steeped mine for 2 weeks.

Same great taste.

However, right out of the mail I got an OVERWHELMING honey taste. But... it still tasted great :laugh:

Initially I was going to write something on here about flavor change - but I let it steep w/ caps on in my below 74 degree steeping closet - after 2 weeks, it darkened up visually, and went back to the same ole' BB amazing taste.

This post was referring to my June order that I steeped... I got that amazing honey graham cracker taste... my order I received 2 weeks ago tastes like a different juice all together...

Like I mentioned in my previous post - Ben offered to switch it out for a different batch for me. Such a great guy!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
This post was referring to my June order that I steeped... I got that amazing honey graham cracker taste... my order I received 2 weeks ago tastes like a different juice all together...

Like I mentioned in my previous post - Ben offered to switch it out for a different batch for me. Such a great guy!

I agree. I think Ben is truly a stand-up guy, but I do wonder what could possibly be his reasoning for switching it out if there is nothing wrong, or different, from batch to batch; after all, he is a "sticker" about that sort of thing. If there was in fact something wrong with that batch, wouldn't that mean that everyone that ordered from that batch should be told, "hey, everyone, there is something wrong with this batch; we will get you replacements out." I am not trying to be snarky, but my last order, as I've spoken about, tastes like the maker combined the tops notes of Boba's (Boba flavoring) with the base of Gamel (vinegar). What gives? Are the batches different or not? Or, is this a case where Ben will just do his best to satisfy a customer even though he is sending them the same juice, even if it is from a different batch? Why would one batch be different from another? And why send a replacement if it is the exact same juice?

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Im not sure what Bobas tasted like before, my first order was monday and I recieved it today. I am primarialy a DIY juice guy bit bobas is so hyped I figured Id try it. I work only in VG and pg is reserved for flavorings containing it only. Any more than 20% PG in a juice and I get crushing headaches. I know the taste of PG VERY VERY well when I get it. To me PG tastes stale.

This Bobas has a, to me, very stale PG taste to it. I had assumed Bobas was 100% VG from what others have said. I get no graham craker. I get tobacco absolute, gingerbread, and maybe... maybe a little chocolate or cherry. I cant tell cause of that stale PG flavor.

Im gonna let it steep but I vaped 2ml of the 18ml I bought Monday, arried today, and I do have a bad headache now which says something isnt right.

Maybe I just got bad info about what Bobas is/was comprised of?

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Thats crazy. I was thinking exactly the same thing. I am tasting gamel and vinegar...

I agree. I think Ben is truly a stand-up guy, but I do wonder what could possibly be his reasoning for switching it out if there is nothing wrong, or different, from batch to batch; after all, he is a "sticker" about that sort of thing. If there was in fact something wrong with that batch, wouldn't that mean that everyone that ordered from that batch should be told, "hey, everyone, there is something wrong with this batch; we will get you replacements out." I am not trying to be snarky, but my last order, as I've spoken about, tastes like the maker combined the tops notes of Boba's (Boba flavoring) with the base of Gamel (vinegar). What gives? Are the batches different or not? Or, is this a case where Ben will just do his best to satisfy a customer even though he is sending them the same juice, even if it is from a different batch? Why would one batch be different from another? And why send a replacement if it is the exact same juice?

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
The label isn't accurate. Hmm, they were intended to be a catch-all by listing all the ingredients in all of our e-liquids. I'll have to get them redone to say "may contain" in the next batch. We'll have to keep using them until this initial run of labels is done... so a month or so.

The only liquids in our line-up that contain PG are labeled "PG <name>", e.g.- PG Hype, PG Chai. We try to stay PG-free and we don't change our recipes. We made the business to cater to the community's need for PG-free and PG-lite products.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I'll have to get them redone to say "may contain" in the next batch.

I haven't yet seen the new labels, but that sounds like the best option since you want a single catch-all ingredient list for all of them. I've seen it on some other vendors' juices that have the "may contain" or "contains some or all of the following" header on them.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Porphy did take the time to explain this to me on another thread which I appreciate. While I understand the idea of a catch all kind of label and agree economically that its the best way to go, it can ve very confusing for some. As consumers we kind of expect whats on the label to be in the product. Accuracy in labeling will likely also be one of those things the FDA is going to get .....y about whenever they decide to do whatever they want to do on ecigs/liquids.

I like the design of the labels but I still think only the ingredients in the bottle itself should be on the label. The ingredients should be listed on the product pages themselves too. As for bottles, That would require individual labels for each product line tho and that can be cost prohibitive so I do understand the logic Ave used as a company. I dont agree with it... but I do understand it and thank them for taking the time to explain.

I still dont believe 100% totally vg juice is even possible (100% PG free maybe) but thats a debate for another day... lol. Thanks again Porphy.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Well even the VG I use for DIY is only 99.9% VG :p
Porphy did take the time to explain this to me on another thread which I appreciate. While I understand the idea of a catch all kind of label and agree economically that its the best way to go, it can ve very confusing for some. As consumers we kind of expect whats on the label to be in the product. Accuracy in labeling will likely also be one of those things the FDA is going to get .....y about whenever they decide to do whatever they want to do on ecigs/liquids.

I like the design of the labels but I still think only the ingredients in the bottle itself should be on the label. The ingredients should be listed on the product pages themselves too. As for bottles, That would require individual labels for each product line tho and that can be cost prohibitive so I do understand the logic Ave used as a company. I dont agree with it... but I do understand it and thank them for taking the time to explain.

I still dont believe 100% totally vg juice is even possible (100% PG free maybe) but thats a debate for another day... lol. Thanks again Porphy.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Correct, 100% PG free would be the better way to describe it, and I've used those exact words before. However, at THAT time there was confusion as well.

As for labels on what we consume, that's a different and much longer conversation. On our product however, there are so few ingredients that it is cost effective and time saving to have them all listed. I wasn't trying to confuse anyone, my thoughts were simple and pragmatically focused. I'll get them changed with the next set to say "may contain".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread