Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Whats up Mann,I have been vaping Gamel for a couple of years but have not had any for awhile till last week ordered some and the color of mine is a very light yellow tint...have not tried this latest one but don't get the vinegar smell from it and from years past never have had any I recall that did either.But who knows I don't have the best sniffer anymore :).

It does seem to me use to be a little less tint(clearer) to it in years past but who knows.Always tasted like a no nonsense tobacco to me,good pallet cleanser sort of like Tampa.I'll try this new batch in a couple of days and report back.

Yeah, dale, you know how I feel about tobaccos and when I find one that I want to run with like this, man, everybody look out! LOL. When I find any liquid that I immediate fall for, I want as much of it as possible, so that's where this frustration comes in. Hey, if you would be down, maybe I could send you some of my first bottle so you can judge that one against yours.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Yeah, dale, you know how I feel about tobaccos and when I find one that I want to run with like this, man, everybody look out! LOL. When I find any liquid that I immediate fall for, I want as much of it as possible, so that's where this frustration comes in. Hey, if you would be down, maybe I could send you some of my first bottle so you can judge that one against yours.
I'm down with that...let me know.If u haven't tried AVE's other tobaccos FC,C&D,Havana Gold,555,B4 there all good IMO.Amazing how Ben creates a good TH with all his 100%VG juices he must add pepper or something :).PM me anyways been wanting to tell ya about some new bacco's I tried that were very promising if u haven't tried them yet ;)

jackolantern

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
I just got 2 30ml bottles, and was very excited to get some of this juice with some PG in it. At first look, something seemed totally off. The juice is nearly black it is so dark (light doesn't shine through the 30ml bottle), whereas my original orders were all kind of a dark amber color, but very translucent. The smell is also totally off. I still have about 10ml of the VG type in an older bottle (never used the rest of it since the 100% VG was destroying my cartos), and the smell, even after these months, is beautiful and just like it was on day 1, with that sweet honey-suckle type smell. The new bottles have kind of a Nestle Chocolate Syrup smell, and I can't even detect hints of what the original Boba's smelled like.

I just thoroughly cleaned a tank and threw in a new coil (to avoid flavor contamination), and am letting it sit for a minute. I will let you know how it comes out on first taste vaping it. I can't deny I am scared.

EDIT: Oh #$%@#....just now realized I ordered from the wrong f$#$ing site! haha! I accidentally got it from Alien Vapor instead of Alien Vision. That is what I get for ordering something I only have gotten once before in a hurry.

Sigh...well, man Alien Vapor's BB SUCKS!!

Last edited:

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I just got 2 30ml bottles, and was very excited to get some of this juice with some PG in it. At first look, something seemed totally off. The juice is nearly black it is so dark (light doesn't shine through the 30ml bottle), whereas my original orders were all kind of a dark amber color, but very translucent. The smell is also totally off. I still have about 10ml of the VG type in an older bottle (never used the rest of it since the 100% VG was destroying my cartos), and the smell, even after these months, is beautiful and just like it was on day 1, with that sweet honey-suckle type smell. The new bottles have kind of a Nestle Chocolate Syrup smell, and I can't even detect hints of what the original Boba's smelled like.

I just thoroughly cleaned a tank and threw in a new coil (to avoid flavor contamination), and am letting it sit for a minute. I will let you know how it comes out on first taste vaping it. I can't deny I am scared.

EDIT: Oh #$%@#....just now realized I ordered from the wrong f$#$ing site! haha! I accidentally got it from Alien Vapor instead of Alien Vision. That is what I get for ordering something I only have gotten once before in a hurry.

Sigh...well, man Alien Vapor's BB SUCKS!!

You're definitely not the first person to do that. It's too bad there isn't a way that we can get that site shut down.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I think one of his flavor suppliers was probably trying to step up production and didn't get it quite right. I have some BB (very little) from the soft opening after the hiatus and it tastes much better. It is not as bad as people are complaining about, but not great either. The GJ is in the same boat as well. Not as enjoyable, but not horrible either.

I'm sure Ben is all over this and fixes it on the next batch. I feel like I wasted $65 on my last order. The good news is I'm sure BB and GJ will be very available in the near future. People may steer clear of AVE for a couple of months until they work out some kinks in the supply chain or internally. Feel bad for all the new people who were looking forward to tasting something great. People on their facebook page are also a bit ....... I still have faith that things will be worked out in the end.

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
I never had the original before closing BB or GJ. Was able to get some a few weeks ago after things settled down and probably have from the unhappy stock. Checked there website yesterday and see BB & GJ out of stock. Thinking that this delay is because they are trying to fix the BB Boo Boo. I sure hope so.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I think one of his flavor suppliers was probably trying to step up production and didn't get it quite right. I have some BB (very little) from the soft opening after the hiatus and it tastes much better. It is not as bad as people are complaining about, but not great either. The GJ is in the same boat as well. Not as enjoyable, but not horrible either.

I'm sure Ben is all over this and fixes it on the next batch. I feel like I wasted $65 on my last order. The good news is I'm sure BB and GJ will be very available in the near future. People may steer clear of AVE for a couple of months until they work out some kinks in the supply chain or internally. Feel bad for all the new people who were looking forward to tasting something great. People on their facebook page are also a bit ....... I still have faith that things will be worked out in the end.

I really like how you positioned this post. I just wish we had some actual insight from Ben, and not just "out-of-stock" as a stand-in as insight. I think I can speak on behalf of many when I say that vapers are understandable (for the most part) with matters of ingredient sourcing or whatever, but saying that NOTHING is different is not true IMO.

It is not a sign of weakness to be honest, it is exactly the opposite.

Last edited:

mikeyoneshot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
NYC
I got my order in of Bobas, Gorilla, Blend 4. Never tried AVE before but I got in when the stock was in last week. Tried them all day of in a 510 dripping atty....disgusting. A week later Boba's and GJ are vapable but still not good to me, I'm seeing the same thing with the extremely dark liquid and even have some 'froth' at the top of the bottle that doesn't seem to go away. A lot of raisin and no honey/graham taste. GJ is a lot of banana. Blend 4 tastes like a Nascar tire after Daytona. I guess I'll order again if AVE admits it was a mistake but not happy about the crap-shoot. If anyone is NYC local and wants to sample what I have to see if its just me they're more than welcome to.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I got my order in of Bobas, Gorilla, Blend 4. Never tried AVE before but I got in when the stock was in last week. Tried them all day of in a 510 dripping atty....disgusting. A week later Boba's and GJ are vapable but still not good to me, I'm seeing the same thing with the extremely dark liquid and even have some 'froth' at the top of the bottle that doesn't seem to go away. A lot of raisin and no honey/graham taste. GJ is a lot of banana. Blend 4 tastes like a Nascar tire after Daytona. I guess I'll order again if AVE admits it was a mistake but not happy about the crap-shoot. If anyone is NYC local and wants to sample what I have to see if its just me they're more than welcome to.

There might be something wrong with them, but they definitely improve with time. Even the BB from months ago that everyone raved about wasn't for everyone.

I have a couple of bottles of BB that are about a month old and I vape it a lot, but it's not an earth shattering experience for me by any means. It's good in my opinion, but not my ideal vape.

Bowtie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
South of Heaven
Well I see BB and GJ are now back in stock. Will wait and see if some of the veterans order and hopefully fixed the flavor issues.

Keeping my fingers crossed at this moment lol.
I placed an order on 08/23/2013 for 100ml of Bobas and it tastes exactly the same as a 30ml bottle I had stashed in the fridge from a year ago. I have been vaping Bobas for 2+ years and never noticed any deviation in constancy. The only time I have noticed any deviation in flavor was when 1st tried it, I hated it. I through it in the drawer and came back to it a month later and...wow this is the shiz! I thought to myself; "This stuff needs to be steeped" NOPE! I realized I just acquired a taste for it, like many things in life. All of my orders since have tasted great right out of the mailbox. Many Bobas vets will back me on that!
And of course, taste will change with hardware and voltage, but I have stuck to one method:
From the mailbox into my REO (the rest goes in the fridge), prime the 3 ohm carto and suck it down at 6 volt = Sweet Hazelnut Tobacco.
Never got any of this "vinegar/marshmallow/graham cracker/coconut....", but hey we're all different.

If people were consistent, ie: Where they order it from (hopefully Alien Visions), their setup, its age....etc, this thread would have some credibility. I'm not saying that everyone is full of #$%&, but this thread is all over the place.

nicetucu, order some, you'll be fine.

Edit: I just ordered another 100ml of Bobas.
I will report back when it arrives. Probably ~Wednesday evening.

Last edited:

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
LOL, because paying attention is so difficult.
*sigh*

Not everyone who orders Boba's from Alien Vapor is a member of a vaping forum like ECF. Remember, the number of people who are trying e-cigs is growing exponentially every year. Many people see someone do a review on YouTube or are told about it from a friend and all they do is Google Boba's Bounty. Try it, the first result is Alien Vapor and the link takes you directly to their Boba's Bounty page.

Once they taste the knockoff they end up searching some more and come across threads like this; they then register to voice their displeasure. Most of the people who have posted here about it are new members.

*sigh*

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
As far as I am concerned, it's not just BB & GJ (though, I couldn't care less about GJ), but more liquids that are not right. I can attest to Gamel being different. I placed the two bottles I have in separate 10 mL PET bottles and labeled my fav (the original) with a little dot on the cap. I had my wife hand me one of the bottles without the cap to drip (both bottles are the same color liquid and they have the same quantity in of liquid so I can't tell simply by looking). I have been able to pick whether I have the original or the second bottle each time (the original has NOT changed in taste since I got it). Sure, it's a 50/50 chance I'll get it right, but I have not been wrong 50% of the time, I have been correct each time I blind-tasted. It's turned into a little game I play whenever I read someone say they feel nothing has changed. Sure, we're all different and I have not changed my set-up since first trying these liquids, and dripping (which is the only way I vape) gives the truest flavor.

Bowtie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
South of Heaven
Not everyone who orders Boba's from Alien Vapor is a member of a vaping forum like ECF. Remember, the number of people who are trying e-cigs is growing exponentially every year. Many people see someone do a review on YouTube or are told about it from a friend and all they do is Google Boba's Bounty. Try it, the first result is Alien Vapor and the link takes you directly to their Boba's Bounty page.

Once they taste the knockoff they end up searching some more and come across threads like this; they then register to voice their displeasure. Most of the people who have posted here about it are new members.

*sigh*
I appreciate your *sigh* and I raise you! (All in good galactic fun.) Have you ever stuck the wrong gas in your tank? I would surely hope not. I know I never have.
Have pity, thats fine, but why sympathize?

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I appreciate your *sigh* and I raise you! (All in good galactic fun.) Have you ever stuck the wrong gas in your tank? I would surely hope not. I know I never have.

I sympathize because when a new vaper is trying to quit smoking cigarettes every misstep with regard to hardware or eliquid means the odds of that person going back to analogs increase dramatically.

I've been there. I started out three years ago with crappy batteries and even crappier juice and went back to smoking twice. I wasn't successful until I found an eliquid that I enjoyed and learned about the better hardware that was out there.

I fold.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Because gas stations don't usually mark their diesel as gas unlike the other company calling their juice Boba's Bounty.

Lucky1127

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2013
Birmingham, Al, USA
Same here, man. I don't even think its a little off. It's way off to what I've had in the past. I have some 100mL bottles steeping right now, tho. Been in the drawer for 9 days now. I want to try it so darn bad, but I'm just goin to let it sit for another week or two. Ppl are saying 3-4 wks of steeping time to get that taste we are all accustomed to.

Had it since first reopen day when server crashed been steeping since still not there yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread