Not open for further replies.

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
I have an order of Boba's on the way from their most recent restock. Please cross your fingers/knock on wood/say a prayer/sacrifice a goat for me.
I bought BB & GJ not long ago. Never tried had the original or better said the stuff that you all are wanting. If you give a :thumbup: I'm in for another go around.

bubba-ga

Jun 14, 2013
United States
I've been using boba's for the last couple of years. It has been my ADV.

Given the comments on this thread, I was a bit trepidation to re-order but I put in my order for 200ml.

So, "has boba's taste changed?"

NO

My just arrived 200ml of boba's is the same as the ones from:
- the recent soft openings
- the recent hard openings
- from last year
- from two years ago

Very consistent and wonderful.

Thank you Ben for your considerate and thoughtful work.

Bowtie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
South of Heaven
Still waiting for others to comment. No offense to the above post. I respect your view and input, just need more data. Maybe I've become cynical in my middle age. Perhaps my bs meter is low.... The heat may be getting to me.

Just received my order from 9/7 (100ml) and it tastes the same as all my other orders from the last 2+ years, including the one from 8/23. The only thing wrong with AVE is this thread, and thats not their fault.
Get some!
If you have vaped Bobas in the past, and liked it, you' like it now. If you dont, I'll buy it.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
I received my order from the most recent restock and I wanted to spend the weekend with it before commenting. To those that say "no it's been the same since Jesus walked the planet" I am happy for you guys that your orders have been consistent.

The most recent order I received tastes much different then the juices I received during their "trial opening" back in July'ish.

The most recent order tastes a lot more like what I recall Boba's tasting like. The flavors are more balanced and I can taste some of that bran muffin'ish flavor and not just raisins, and vinegar. I vaped both side by side in a blind taste test and I could tell each bottle apart from each other.

If you are one of the people who felt you got a funky batch of Boba's I would recommend that you get a small bottle to see if this most recent batch is more to your liking.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I received my order from the most recent restock and I wanted to spend the weekend with it before commenting. To those that say "no it's been the same since Jesus walked the planet" I am happy for you guys that your orders have been consistent.

The most recent order I received tastes much different then the juices I received during their "trial opening" back in July'ish.

The most recent order tastes a lot more like what I recall Boba's tasting like. The flavors are more balanced and I can taste some of that bran muffin'ish flavor and not just raisins, and vinegar. I vaped both side by side in a blind taste test and I could tell each bottle apart from each other.

If you are one of the people who felt you got a funky batch of Boba's I would recommend that you get a small bottle to see if this most recent batch is more to your liking.

Nice! I have always maintained that the top notes of BB have not tasted different, but the saturation (or lack thereof) of those top notes and the base is what has been different.

I remember another popular vendor was experiencing the same thing and people were saying, LOL, "no it's been the same since Jesus walked the planet" and I spoke on the phone candidly with the vendor and they told me that they changed their nic supplier and the amount of extract they were using. Well, they hadn't told their customers that. Some were upset and saying the liquids were "different" and others were saying, "nope, still the same!" I am not saying that is the case here, but just an experience with another VERY popular ECF liquid vendor.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Just received my order from 9/7 (100ml) and it tastes the same as all my other orders from the last 2+ years, including the one from 8/23. The only thing wrong with AVE is this thread, and thats not their fault.
Get some!
If you have vaped Bobas in the past, and liked it, you' like it now. If you dont, I'll buy it.

There's nothing wrong with this thread, all day/every day boba vapers know when the flavor is off or not - and when the juice performs differently in your hardware.

Anyways, Mr Mann, et al...My co-worker got a new batch recently - after we both experienced the last "off tasting" batches. The new batch ROCKS and is just about what you would expect from the old days, prior to the downed website. I am now confident to place a large order from here on out. We do notice a slightly stronger nicotine hit though. However the flavor is just about right - not that "sour-ish" strange base taste.

ice

nttdemented

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
San Juan, PR
Well, I finally dove in and ordered a 30ml bottle of Boba's and a 30ml bottle of Gorilla Juice. I have high hopes for these! If I love them as much as they are hyped up to be they will forever find a home in my tank! I just hope they still have them in stock if I do love them so I can order the big 100ml bottles!

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
I got some of the 'funky batch'.. I let it steep and steep.. still nothin'. It was a real disappointment. I'm glad to hear the new batch is back up to par. Just placed an order for BB and Gorilla. Hope it's good.

**Update on my situation**

I had ordered a 100ml big bottle of Boboa's 6mg strength, around mid-july and it was missing the honey/graham cracker sweetness, it was a very plain tobacco taste - which some may love, and some may not like. My original batch I bought in late June had a very distinct Tobacco/Caramel/Honey/Graham crackerish taste - it definitely wasn't JUST tobacco.

Ben was awesome enough to take my bottle back and ship me a new one.

The new one I got was right back to where it was - amazing. The honey/Tobacco/graham cracker.caramel flavor we all love.

As many other ECF members on here have said, some batches don't sell as fast, more time to steep @ AVE, flavor will shift like any other juice would, no big deal, no reason to get up and arms about. I'm sure AVE has to rely on other companies to provide them with ingredients, so before we put the blame on AVE, just realize there' s a very long and complicated supply chain. This is also a fairly new industry/manufacturing process.

The main thing that will keep me going back to AVE time and time again is their customer service/care. Ben truly cares about his brand, and customer satisfaction. The other reason for keeping me a loyal AVE customer is that, I've yet to taste a tobacco flavor as high quality as boba's. The high quality attribute of Boba's I enjoy is that it can be vaped for days/hours, and I really don't get burnt out on it. I don't know about you guys, but I prefer boba's in the morning with a Coffee... just like back in the day when it would be cigarette & coffee for me mon my commute to work, now it's BB and coffee.

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
**Update on my situation**

I had ordered a 100ml big bottle of Boboa's 6mg strength, around mid-july and it was missing the honey/graham cracker sweetness, it was a very plain tobacco taste - which some may love, and some may not like. My original batch I bought in late June had a very distinct Tobacco/Caramel/Honey/Graham crackerish taste - it definitely wasn't JUST tobacco.

Ben was awesome enough to take my bottle back and ship me a new one.

The new one I got was right back to where it was - amazing. The honey/Tobacco/graham cracker.caramel flavor we all love.

As many other ECF members on here have said, some batches don't sell as fast, more time to steep @ AVE, flavor will shift like any other juice would, no big deal, no reason to get up and arms about. I'm sure AVE has to rely on other companies to provide them with ingredients, so before we put the blame on AVE, just realize there' s a very long and complicated supply chain. This is also a fairly new industry/manufacturing process.

The main thing that will keep me going back to AVE time and time again is their customer service/care. Ben truly cares about his brand, and customer satisfaction. The other reason for keeping me a loyal AVE customer is that, I've yet to taste a tobacco flavor as high quality as boba's. The high quality attribute of Boba's I enjoy is that it can be vaped for days/hours, and I really don't get burnt out on it. I don't know about you guys, but I prefer boba's in the morning with a Coffee... just like back in the day when it would be cigarette & coffee for me mon my commute to work, now it's BB and coffee.
When did you get this new 100ml bottle replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread