Has Prebuilt Tank Technology Caught Up with Bottom Feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I've been a bottom feeder for more than 3 Years. I feel like a traitor for trying something different.

The Ecig market is constantly changing. In the past my conception and experience with Prebuilt tanks was they had little itty bitty coils and no airflow.

Now I'm hearing about Temperature Control and seeing pictures of Pre-built Atomizers for tanks that have huge coils wrapped with Organic Cotton. So my curiosity has been sparked. I'm wondering if Pre-Built Tank and newest ECig technology have caught up to bottom feeding.

To test my premise, I bought the Crown Tank, most highly rated and a Cloupor Gt 80W. The Crown Tank is very large and has a TC Nickel Coil and also other SS Coils tanks. Crown Tank is the HIghest Rated Tank (Arguably) on You Tube.

Has anyone else tried the new breed of TC Devices and Large Tanks.? Will I be able to get as good of taste from these or am I wasting my money. I'll know in 3-4 Days when the APV and Tank arrives.

Then I'll compare to Bottom Feeding.

If I don't like it there is always selling on the classifieds. Sigh...

Last edited:

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I've been a bottom feeder for more than 3 Years. I feel like a traitor for trying something different.

The Ecig market is constantly changing. In the past my conception and experience with Prebuilt Tanks was they had little itty bitty coils and no airflow.

Now I'm hearing about Temperature Control and seeing pictures of Pre-built Atomizers for Tanks that have huge coils wrapped with Organic Cotton. So my curiosity has been sparked. I'm wondering if Pre-Built Tank and newest ECig technology have caught up to bottom feeding.

To test my premise, I bought the Crown Tank, most highly rated and a Cloupor Gt 80W. The Crown Tank is very large and has a TC Nickel Coil and also other SS Coils Tanks. Crown Tank is the best Tank (Arguably) on You Tube.

Has anyone else tried the new breed of TC Devices and Large Tanks.? Will I be able to get as good of taste from these or am I wasting my money. I'll know in 3-4 Days when the APV and Tank arrives.

I have, Tom, specifically because I want to avoid a dry hit whenever possible and even for a long-time squonker some days the squonk is frustrating (juice won't feed properly, etc). I think the TC is worthwhile if you're tired of your vape being affected by battery life or if you're constantly adjusting your wattage for the perfect temp (that was me).

So far my favorite thank is the TCT by Smok because the draw is similar (IMO) to a good RDA, it works great on all my TC devices and the flavor is not muted. I have and dislike the Subtank Mini, Triton and Delta tanks. They're so the opposite of squonking and dripping that I won't even bother to list what ticks me off about them. All the reviews of the Crown have been positive but lack of availability (until now and despite every reviewer having them!) frustrated me too much.

As for the TC devices, I can only generalize by saying they all do what they claim - which is to help me avoid that dreaded dry hit.

I'm about to try an Ubertoot (clone - can't find an original anywhere) and the Origen dripper & tank specifically because I want good, full, flavorful vapes and have heard great things about them. The Aromamizer is tempting since some reviewers say it's like dripping but I'm leery of anything with that much hype and so short a track record.

Reactions: niczgreat

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
For me it could never beat sqounkers. The form factor that bottom fed devices bring to the table out shines a not so hassle free temp limiting device and tank setup. But I need a durable device, so it makes perfect sense why sqounkers rule them all IMO.

As for the vape experience, drippers, again can not be beat by tanks. Form, function, ease of use. Your only cons of a dripper will be that you'd need to carry a bottle of e'joose around.....but any tank that preforms like a dripper is most likely going to guzzle your cloud sauce in anyway. Boom! Lawyer'ed! :lol:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Well my Cloupor GT arrived today. My Crown Tank didn't. I was so anxious to try out my new toy that I went to E-Cig City and the owner Andrew was nice enough to let me use his demo Herakles tank.

I was prepared for the usual flavorless Vape that all other Tanks delivered. Boy was I suprised the .20Nickel Coil Temp Control Tank at around 440' F gave uber flavor and vape.

Looks like my bottom feeders are going to get cobwebs. The one drawback is that the Tank gulps juice. I'm having to time myself to 1 vape every 1/2 hour or Hour. You can go through 4ml in an hour if chain vaping! Last night I immediately made a new batch and cut the nic down to 3.33mg . Course I'll probably break this, or it will fail and I'll be back to my trusty Reo or not so trusty S-Body S-CA3.

This is my opinion based on the hardware setup that I listed along with my DIY 100% VG Juice.

Yes based on my experience today, in terms of flavor, Prebuilt Tanks have caught up to dripping.
Please no flaming, it's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: chohan

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
In my opinion, tanks will never equal or surpass drippers. By design, they can't.
In my opinion, bottom feeders combine the flavor of a dripper with (almost) all the convenience of a tank. Seems like a win to me!

Couldn't of said it better, my only objection is the - "Almost"?

It is by far more convenient to fill a sqounk bottle, not to mention durable, have you ever shattered a glass tank by tipping the mod over.... or letting it slip out your hands onto concrete/tarmac/gravel surfaces.
Ever see plastic shatter? lol

Bottom fed all day long :thumb:

Reactions: element77

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California

The Ecig market is constantly changing. In the past my conception and experience with Prebuilt Tanks was they had little itty bitty coils and no airflow.

Now I'm hearing about Temperature Control and seeing pictures of Pre-built Atomizers for Tanks that have huge coils wrapped with Organic Cotton. So my curiosity has been sparked. I'm wondering if Pre-Built Tank and newest ECig technology have caught up to bottom feeding.

To test my premise, I bought the Crown Tank, most highly rated and a Cloupor Gt 80W. The Crown Tank is very large and has a TC Nickel Coil and also other SS Coils Tanks. Crown Tank is the HIghest Rated Tank (Arguably) on You Tube.

SOOOO when they come out with a Bottom Feeding 80watt TC MOD, you will be back.

Because the way I read it. Your issue has nothing to do with the TANK, whether attached to the atty vs in the MOD. It's about the power control and vape quality. Which has very little to do with where the juice is stored or it route to the vapor chamber.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Couldn't of said it better, my only objection is the - "Almost"?

:) LOL, I was referring to the fact that you have to manually squeeze the juice bottle every now and again versus a tank that feeds itself. But this is a small price to pay for the quality of the vape. BTW, I retired all my tanks and have seven bottom feeders with an eighth being built at this time. :headbang:

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
:) LOL, I was referring to the fact that you have to manually squeeze the juice bottle every now and again versus a tank that feeds itself. But this is a small price to pay for the quality of the vape. BTW, I retired all my tanks and have seven bottom feeders with an eighth being built at this time. :headbang:

Sounds like you're winning at life :thumbs:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I agree that by design. Ie durability, indestructibility a Mechanical mod like a Reo Grande can't be beat and that Bottom Feeding does have some advantages.

But somehow or other the new generation of Sub Ohm Tanks has found a way to delivery incredible vapor and flavor. These tanks are nothing like the Vivi Nova
that I started on [Little High Resistance Coils Running Red Hot] Tasteless and bland. They have huge Low Resistance Coils well wrapped in Cotton or other material with really great wicking.

Made a believer out of me and some know from my history of Posts that I've been a fan of bottom feeding for years. The right TC APV / Tank combination also avoids dry hits. I'll be stopping the Nickel TC Coils as soon as they wear out because I have concerns about nickel as a carcinogen. My new crown has Stainless Steel Coils and I trust stainless steel more than any other material. They've used it in cooking and food preparation at temps of 500' + for years without issue.

Keep an open mind.
BTW if you live in L.A Area some Ecig Citys will let you test out a Low Resistance tank on a High Wattage unit. The Ecig City in Upland was very accommodating. Possibly your local vape shop will earn your business by letting you test high quality equipment.

Since I got my juice guzzling Crown Tank vaping at 480'F on my Cloupor GT I get it! why there are vape bans. I have to be careful not to make huge plumes of obnoxious vapor in public.

BTW I'm not going to discount that some of you may make coils better then me, or have a better bottom feeding rig, but I'm unable to make or have made a bottom feeding coil that matches the quality of vape in my new TC /HIgh Wattage APV/ Tank system. I have not had a single dry hit in the past 2-3 Days of vaping. Also my double Efest 3000 Mah Batteries are lasting over 24 hours. I've been changing them at 24 hours when showing 1/4+ charge because it's easier on the Bats.

Bottom feeders are single batteries and you simply can't get the same battery life and thus consistency of vape with one battery compared to two. When vaping Sub Ohm.

Last edited:

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I saw this atty on another site - looks like it can be a tank type or a squonker - best of both worlds maybe, or is it a jack of all trades yet master of none?

Skyfall Squonk RDTA by Focusecig

It's a cool tank, but still not as easy to replenish after you've vaped through the 5ml tank. Compared to a squonk box, where you unscrew the empty bottle, screw in the full bottle and go. The design reminds me of the Big Dripper. Similar concept, maybe a little improved in how to refill, but not as convenient as changing the juice bottle on a squonk box.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Bottom feeding is just a variation on top feeding. Don't feel like a traitor, it's your choice and trust me no-one who counts will care which you chose :)

It doesn't matter weather a RDA is top or bottom fed, one will vape the same either way once the user gets used to dripping/squonking appropriately. Prebuilt coils and rebuildables are apples and oranges. Tanks and RDAs are also. Low power clearos and cartos are not in the same league.

I have, though my tanks max out at around 40 watts. TC works very well and is nice to have with these because they sometimes give me a dry hit. TC has a learning curve and not everyone has taken that road. I've since gone back to RDAs with no TC because I don't get dry hits from RDAs bottom or top fed and I like working with Kanthal. I've also never found a tank that gives me the performance that a RDA does since my Genisis days. OTOH I don't miss the burnt hits ;)

Bottom feeding is a matter of convenience for me, not quality. I use top fed RDAs at home and bottom fed on the road.

Vape on :thumb:

Last edited:

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
Well my Cloupor GT arrived today. My Crown Tank didn't. I was so anxious to try out my new toy that I went to E-Cig City and the owner Andrew was nice enough to let me use his demo Herakles tank.

I was prepared for the usual flavorless Vape that all other Tanks delivered. Boy was I suprised the .20Nickel Coil Temp Control Tank at around 440' F gave uber flavor and vape.

Looks like my bottom feeders are going to get cobwebs. The one drawback is that the Tank gulps juice. I'm having to time myself to 1 vape every 1/2 hour or Hour. You can go through 4ml in an hour if chain vaping! Last night I immediately made a new batch and cut the nic down to 3.33mg . Course I'll probably break this, or it will fail and I'll be back to my trusty Reo or not so trusty S-Body S-CA3.

This is my opinion based on the hardware setup that I listed along with my DIY 100% VG Juice.

Yes based on my experience today, in terms of flavor, Prebuilt Tanks have caught up to dripping.
Please no flaming, it's just my opinion.
The juice guzzling nature of tanks is real! DIY juice has taken on a new appeal. [emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread