Has RIPTrippers ever responded on his Sigelei 213 review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackwater_bae

Aug 22, 2016
I regrettably bought a Fuchai 213 after reading the Reddit /r/electronic_cigarette FAQ and watching RIP Trippers glowing review of it.

However, now I have watched DJLSB's videos and understand that I own a faulty device.

I think it's pretty obvious that RIPTrippers just never fully tested the device and blindly gave it a great review. I'm not sure how TC is supposed to be, but I'm sure that he couldn't have actually been using the Fuchai in TC mode with 304SS like he claimed in the video.

My question is: has RIPTrippers ever responded to giving the sigelei 213 a great review? I really am ashamed that I didn't research more into this device I bought - but in my defense I bought the 213 based on a review by arguably the most viewed vaping reviewer on YouTube (given how popular his videos are).

Anyone know?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Only online reviewer that I trust is PBusardo. He typically does a detailed (some say too detailed) review with a thumbs-up/thumbs-down conclusion of important details.

Too many popular reviewers are biased in their reviews because they get free gear to do reviews on. Manufacturers are less likely to give free products to reviewers if there's a good chance the reviewer may give a negative review.

RIP Trippers is popular with the younger crowd because of his bombastic presentations and delivery. That doesn't necessarily equate him as a unbiased reviewer. My :2c:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I'd trust PBusardo and DJLSB's reviews over our boy RIP. DJLSB (Daniel) is just as detailed as PBusardo (Phil), they both dive down into the outputs and technicals which as Baditude states gives a consumer more information ammo to make an informed decision. My top 5 reviewers I need at least 2 good reviews from to consider a device are 1) Phil, 2) Daniel, 3) GrimmGreen (Nick), 4) Toddecigreviews (Tod), and 5) VapnFagan. Then I look at secondary tier reviewers, SuckMyMod, Twisted420, RubyRoo, VapinGreek (Demitris), IndoorSmokers, last on the list our boy RIP. So in the future I suggest looking at several reviewers, at least 1 in depth detail reviewer (Phil or Daniel).

The Fuchai 213 is not a bad device, but as far as TC mode, I doubt even a DNA200 of SX350J is 100% accurate, they all guess temp of the wire by reading realtime resistance, there are a lot of variables and decimal points that change to throw accuracy off. TC is always best guess or prediction, yet if the TC is off by 50F or more then there is a problem, but if you are in about 20F differential you are in the ball park which is all TC mode is, a ballpark figure.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Only reviewer I trust is that fouled mouthed Aussie, Vaping Bogan. His reviews are honest, just enough detail and he doesn't sell out. I also like Daniel from DJLSB's , very good and very detailed. Most reviewers though "especially" Rip are only good for if you want to get a detailed unboxing.

Reactions: IMFire3605

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Phil or DJLSB for actual measurements. Mooch for battery safety.
Also like Pegasus Vaping Academy, Vapor Trail Channel, Stanley The Viking, Vaping Biker, Vic, V1ck, Nick (GrimmGreen), Mike, Fagan, Heathen, Dirty Devoe, Matt & V, ok I'm easy for entertainment. I could watch Zophie all day muted if I had nothing else to do.

blackwater_bae

Aug 22, 2016
Then I look at secondary tier reviewers, SuckMyMod, Twisted420, RubyRoo

I agree, until I saw Ruby's JUUL review. Have you seen that? I honestly can't imagine why she would review it, let alone claim "best mod ever?" in the title. It is some awful cigalike with special fill pods. It reminds me of some crap from 2008 you would see in a gas station.

Reactions: djsvapour

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
For reference. Lower is oldest. No Twitch Ripper.

scrips1.jpg
scrips2.jpg

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I regrettably bought a Fuchai 213 after reading the Reddit /r/electronic_cigarette FAQ and watching RIP Trippers glowing review of it.

However, now I have watched DJLSB's videos and understand that I own a faulty device.

I think it's pretty obvious that RIPTrippers just never fully tested the device and blindly gave it a great review. I'm not sure how TC is supposed to be, but I'm sure that he couldn't have actually been using the Fuchai in TC mode with 304SS like he claimed in the video.

My question is: has RIPTrippers ever responded to giving the Sigelei 213 a great review? I really am ashamed that I didn't research more into this device I bought - but in my defense I bought the 213 based on a review by arguably the most viewed vaping reviewer on YouTube (given how popular his videos are).

Anyone know?

There are only two vapers that I know that really wring out TC functions and the ultimate is DJLsb. Nobody compares.

I'd say 99.9% of the rest do NOT attempt TC, and they do NOT know if it is working properly at all.

As for the Sigelei 213 I own two, and I own 4 - Sigelei Fuchai 213. I was going to buy a ton of them but as it has been noted it does not do TC, so I use those that I have for wattage mode, and I quit buying Sigelei completely.

I buy Wismec RX200S mods now for TC. They have a faulty 510 connector though so know what you are doing before you jump in. According to JBLsb it does TC properly....or good enough. Replacing the 510 connector is not that hard, and videos and docs are on ECF and YouTube.

What I have found in looking at hundreds of mods and toppers is that there are drawbacks to every product out there, and the industry is being nipped in the bud before it can even mature.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    My question is: has RIPTrippers ever responded to giving the Sigelei 213 a great review?
    I find, it's always a good idea to thoroughly review any expenditures that require me to part with my money. The more varied the source of opinions as regard to the expenditure, the more I will be enlightened in my selection. Adding up the pluses and minuses of a purchase can save many a disappointment. This is easier said than done, I try to remember my own thoughts on this and sometimes fail to. Hang in there, vaping is fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread