RDA Has the perfect RDA been achieved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaZZy

May 1, 2015
Arguably we only ever need two rda's. One with small airflow and a small reduced chamber for flavour chasing and one with huge airflow and huge chamber to fit the massive low gauge coils for cloud chasing. Are these two already on the market? yes i believe they are. Will that stop new designs and hyped up devices appearing that we all want? of course not.

I say arguably because if we were all to list one flavour and one cloud rda there would be a huge long list for both.

Reactions: sonicbomb

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
What do you consider perfect?

To me beyond flavor design things like removable or milled into the deck and not pushed in posts, adjustable airflow and aesthetically pleasing are important, i found those.

Many times new ones are pretty much copies of old ones with a new cap. But every once in a while something comes out that does act different. I bought a nucleus on sale just to play, and i dont know how they did it but the thing spits out atomic clouds with zero effort.

But I love my origen and senio. And i have tried dozens. One for pure flavor the other for flavorful clouds.

Cant keep the store open selling a design noones buying anymore, even if there's nothing wrong with it you jave to keep up with everyone else

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
It really all depends on how things are allowed to develop by the industry. Those that are innovating devices may not want to give everything they've got all at once. Reverse engineering may well be what we are experiencing. There could be perfect prototypes that have been developed which are probably used to engineer something which isn't as good and so everything happens in reverse. If i developed something which i knew could create a viable business i'd look to find ways to produce that product cheaper and so in turn create an entire range of products which had been reverse engineered from just one prototype. Each model in turn would be mass produced and presented to the marketplace progressively to maximize profitability whilst turning something which was originally worth a five figure sum into something worth a six or seven figure amount.

I still think that what is available in this particular market which caters to the vaping community can be improved upon by doing things in a different way. The APV's which are available don't need improving, but the RBA's and RTA's etc still have a long way to go as far as innovation is concerned. The fundamental configuration of these devices, in particular the RBA decks, have so much potential for change, but a lack of imagination means that each new model which is presented to the consumer is basically the same as the last, and improvements are only created by the end users ability or skill to enable these devices to perform better. I'm not seeing upsidedown decks or vertical decks or decks at 45 degrees. A vertical deck would probably be the greatest advancement because it would allow the deck to be much bigger.

As it is we aren't seeing anything new but just a re-vamp of a previous iteration. Spend a moment to think about that and allow yourself to reflect on the latest models.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
im surprised a company hasnt come out with a 'create your own RDA' type of business type deal. You could like pick what kind of deck you want (2/3/4 post, block posts/circle posts, shallow well deep well) from say a given amount of choices, chose what type of topcap you want, what kind of air holes you want in that topcap, what kind of driptip/widebore or not ontop. Like some generic kind of RDA styling thats just a deck and a topcap, but customizeability when you order.

you could like mix and match your topcaps onto the deck because they would all fit eachother.

something like this would be awesome and make a killing imo. Probably wouldnt be cheap, but I bet there are people out there willing to pay top coin for something customized exactly to their liking.

DavidRomano67

May 26, 2015
LA, CA
Way too many RDA's out there already imo , make one that never leaks , has a "well" that holds at least 5 ml of juice and has flavor like the Veritas and it's perfect in my book.
That would be great, but for the love of invisible man upstairs make the build easier than the Veritas.
I think the Marquis is pretty fantastic, but it certainly isn't perfect. I wouldn't enter a cloud comp with it (I wouldn't enter a cloud comp anyways...).

I do think that the 3 post and T-post design has really been played out a bit too much. Once you have one, it's all just variations on a theme.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
seriously..to my mind, tanks have caugt up with drippers in terms of flavour and vapour performance. Like drippers, there are gazillions of variants on a central theme out there. To be honest I have more than a dozen RDAs and the only ones I use now are the ByLeo Apollo and occasionally the veritas and magma. Otherwise its RTAs all the way for me! Still a lot of room for improvement and innovation though! With so much competition now, innovation is assured I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread