FDA Has there been any updates yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
btw, the other NC Sen, Thom Tillis, seems very pro-vaping according to responses to inquiries on the subject. I don't know how sincere he is as it may be more of a politically driven opinion, but that's another name you might want to keep in the rolodex.

Yes, a vape co exec met with him over the weekend and said he is supportive. I am going to talk to his FDA Counsel and staff in 2 weeks. They are also both (NC Senators) supportive of changing the predicate date because the tobacco in NC is for it. A regulatory regime separate from BT will be a harder lift, but like I say, we gotta live now to fight another day...

nclobo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
Durham, NC
Yes, a vape co exec met with him over the weekend and said he is supportive. I am going to talk to his FDA Counsel and staff in 2 weeks. They are also both (NC Senators) supportive of changing the predicate date because the tobacco in NC is for it. A regulatory regime separate from BT will be a harder lift, but like I say, we gotta live now to fight another day...
Would it help, would it be appropriate to have local representation say a few words (especially face to face) when you speak with these (any) politicians? They may not always fully understand what these e-cigs are all about, but should certainly listen to the impact on their own community.

Reactions: Truthdog

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
Would it help, would it be appropriate to have local representation say a few words (especially face to face) when you speak with these (any) politicians? They may not always fully understand what these e-cigs are all about, but should certainly listen to the impact on their own community.

Would it help? Hell, voter connection and showing that people in state care is the STRONGEST persuasion there is! If you are willing, gather up all the shop owners and consumers in the area and schedule a meeting To ask for his help/advice. They should be home for 6 weeks late July thru early September. That would be a big help toward changing the FDA approach to all vaping.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Hell, voter connection and showing that people in state care is the STRONGEST persuasion there is!
I don't know why so many human beings on this planet don't understand this.
It's the ONLY thing that can overcome MONEY.

Sometimes I start to wonder why I still even care.

That's my morally uplifting comments for today.
:laugh:

Sorry, but the apathy that runs rampant sometimes gets me down.
Today seems to be one of those days.

But hey, tomorrow is a new day!!

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Oh I don't (I am doing some stocking as well) but I hear far more people here doing stocking than advocating for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As you probably know, there are over ten thousand personal testimonials posted on the CASAA website. Another arrow in your quiver.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Would it help? Hell, voter connection and showing that people in state care is the STRONGEST persuasion there is! If you are willing, gather up all the shop owners and consumers in the area and schedule a meeting To ask for his help/advice. They should be home for 6 weeks late July thru early September. That would be a big help toward changing the FDA approach to all vaping.
I'm planning to contact both of my Missouri senators--again. What's most effective: snail mail letter, email, call to the senator's D.C. office or call to a local office?

Reactions: Truthdog

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
I'm planning to contact both of my Missouri senators--again. What's most effective: snail mail letter, email, call to the senator's D.C. office or call to a local office?
Each rep has a slightly different routine for constituents concerns..see if you can discern that from their websites. I believe that non fill in the form emails and letters should be answered, and the added bonus is you have the paper trail. a call though to "vet" them and the routine out might help....but only for that purpose.Please let your story be in writing.Many of us wrote draft letters, and simply tweaked them with essentially the same substance for each rep. It keeps your message consistent.
Cheers.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
rr165.jpg

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
Each rep has a slightly different routine for constituents concerns..see if you can discern that from their websites. I believe that non fill in the form emails and letters should be answered, and the added bonus is you have the paper trail. a call though to "vet" them and the routine out might help....but only for that purpose.Please let your story be in writing.Many of us wrote draft letters, and simply tweaked them with essentially the same substance for each rep. It keeps your message consistent.
Cheers.

In my view It really depends how much you care/level of commitment. This takes a bit more time, but by far the best way is to call and ask which staffer handles FDA health issues, then email them to ask for their boss's help by directly. But do it with starting a relationship with them in mind. This won't be over soon, so check in wit them from time to time, send the latest data, study, vape shops closing in the state, etc. Unfortunately this may be a year or longer war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread