Have any of you tested the emissions from your own device/eliquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
I've been thinking about how/where I could have emissions from my e cigarette tested and was wondering if anyone had actually done s already.

The first question is who to test the vaper. Would an environmental company that tests air quality and such be sufficient or is another type of lab required.

Second question is what to test. I'd like to test both the vaper I breath in as well as the vaper I exhale. I'm currently using a kanger subtank plus (stock 0.5ohm occ coil) on an eleaf 50w so I'd like to test the emissions at different voltages/wattages as well as for different puff durations. It may be worth doing some tests with different amounts of air flow too. Then there is if different flavorings and nic concentrations should be tested.

Third question is what components in the vaper should specifically tested for. This one is more difficult for me since I don't know what to expect. Obviously I wamt to know if there formaldehyde in the vaper (we know the study that found that result was flawed I just want to confirm) so that will be one but beyond that I'm not sure what to look for.

The last question may be the most difficult to implement. How do you set up a rig to obtain the samples? I was thinking of a pump set up to imitate the negative pressure used when inhaling on an e cigarette that would fill bags with the emissions for the primary test and breathing into a bag after a puff for the secondary test (some kind of closed system to capture everything I exhale).

I was wondering what other people thought. I'm not rich so I can't dump a whole lot of money into it but I'd really like to try and get some type of test done for peace of mind if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread