• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Have Been Dealing with a Migraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I had a fibro migraine headache for a little over 2 weeks. The only time I have been comfortable, is lying down flat. Even medication wasn't helping.....and they are fairly heavy duty meds. I couldn't even look at a computer screen for longer than a few minutes because of the brightness. (I'm having a little bit of problems now with it) I hate to admit it, but I got really depressed. I talked with the Lord everyday, and He stayed with me until He helped me get a grip on everything. My laundry stack was humongus! My housework was so behind, it made my depression even worse. When I get these headaches, it could last an hour, a day, a week, or 2 weeks. I would wake up without it, and I'd get up and BOOM, it was back. These are different than regular migraines. It's just pain, light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, and the interesting thing is that it's only one side of my head. It stems from a numb spot at the base and a little to the left. This one was bad.

Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you won't ever get depressed. Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you won't crack under pain and pressure. Just because you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, doesn't mean that you'll live a life of puppies, kittens, and flowers. Remember, why would we be more special than Jesus. He suffered more than we can comprehend. So why should we have it better than He did? Plus, He said He would never leave us nor forsake us. I believe Him.

So thank you for bearing with me. If you guys want another moderator, I can step down without any problems.....it won't hurt my feelings....really. I love each and everyone of you through Jesus. I want you know that. :wub:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
You are such a great friend, MM, and I love you through Jesus. I can't wait to meet you and your wife. I want you to know I expect an invite to ya'lls mansion for coffee and I'll introduce you both to my folks and my 2 grandchildren. There's a song we sang in church and the bridge was:

"When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be, when we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the victory!" Hey Bill....I want to meet your family as well! We'll have a rejoicing praise and worship party!!!

I wanted to be honest with everyone about my health. I didn't think it was fair to hide it. I do have some ideas that I want to do, but tonight's not the night. It's been eons since I tried doing my own housework. Housework and laundry wreaks havoc on my body and I do have to take meds and go slow. Have been working on the back part of our home and the next week I can work on the den and kitchen. We'll see how it goes, Lord Willing!:)

Reactions: mightymen

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I have a Praise report!!!!! Tomorrow, a new refrigerator is coming to our house!!! I told my husband that I didn't care what it looks like as long as it keeps food fresh and can make LOTS of ice. It's just a straight refrigerator without fancy gadgets on it. Actually, it looks like the one we have now except it works!:laugh: I am very excited and thankful to Almighty God, Bless His Holy Name, for providing it. I'm only up for one banana tonight.........:banana:. I've been cleaning a bathroom and am not up to 7 dancing bananas tonight!:)

Reactions: mightymen

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Another Praise report! I, through the help of the Lord, got quite a bit of housework done this past week....with a headache! It put me in the bed for 1 1/2 days, but the Lord proved to me that I am able to so some housework.....with my meds, but it got done. YEAH!!!! Praise and Honor is the Lord's! Of course it took me some time to do it, and I took quite a few breaks, but I did it.:)

Reactions: K9Luvr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread