Have you guys ever got "Nic sick" from vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
I've had this happen to me twice.. The first time I was at a vape competition/meet and I just kept dripping for about 2 hours on end and the whole room was full of smoke so I'm guessing I got some through there. All of a sudden I got a wicked headache, felt very nauseous, and couldn't even think about puffing on any vapor.. The second time it happened I was just chain smoking on my mech mod and I vaped a lot more than I typically due and I got the same symptoms.. Have you guys ever experienced this? Any cures for it? I only use 3mg nicotine as well. Before vaping I was not a heavy smoker by any means I'd smoke maybe 3-4 ciggs a day and this was only for about a year. But this is a real thing, right? I can't go too much lower on the nicotine level besides 0mg.. I'm thinking of gettng a bottle of thatf for when I'm chain vaping and just doing smoke tricks or what not.

Fantazmagoricl

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Chesterfield
Yeah I got nic sick when I first got in to sub ohm vaping, thought i'd be ok with still vaping 18mg. Felt like such a noob not realising more vapour meant more nic absorbed.
I'm also on 3mg but haven't got nic sick while being this low. If I was you i'd vape 0mg while chain vaping or doing tricks or if you diy your juice you could make a batch of 1mg.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Try just vaping flavored 0mg when your in chainvape mode.

I found many times when im chaining it doesnt make a difference if I get nic or not and it's more about the actions of vaping.

Aftrr years of vaping I found many dont need the constant nic dosing like we subconsciously trained ourselves to believe.

I can go several hours with 0nic as long as im "feeling" the vapor.

But I remember the first sample pack I ever bought -10, 10ml bottles........ I felt like I was going to die, lol.

Then again when I got into rba/genesis atty's. Mmmm that tadte so good I cant stop..boink!....... layin in bed later face down in the pillows, hoping I don't die.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Some companies make a 1.5mg or you can just DIY it. With you only smoking 3-4 cigs a day you could probably go to zero and not tell a difference.

The only time this happened to me, my dad's atlantis quit firing and he using 18mg 60vg/40pg in it with the 0.5 ohm coil.Needless to say, I ended up taking 3 pulls from it to make sure everything was good. I couldn't handle 18mg anymore haha.

Reactions: YoursTruli

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The good thing about getting nic sick, it doesn't take long for it to go away. Drink plenty of water and stop vaping for about half an hour to an hour. Lay down and just let the nic get out of your system.

Now that you know what causes it, you can act accordingly. Lower nic for those times (as some have suggested, go to zero for competitions) that you know you will be chain vaping like crazy. ;)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Yeah, one time last summer - 2014 - (this one time at band camp...) It was a really hot and I was sitting outside at a graduation party. All of a sudden, I got really dizzy and a little nauseous. I was tootling on my EVOD and VV3 back then. Just set it down, got something to drink (non-alcohol) and waited for it to subside. DO NOT like that feeling, so I'm a little more careful with my nic level and how much I'm hitting my mod.

Reactions: YoursTruli

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I have imbibed a bit too much on more then a few occasions. See my location, LOL.

Best thing you can do is sit still, or lay down, take it easy and don`t try to move around too much. Drink as much water as you can, and if you like the taste, a little sugar in with it can help metabolize the nic, in lieu of this a candy bar can help quit a bit, but water is best. The good thing is it usually only lasts for 30 minutes to a hour.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
When I first started vaping I'd get nauseated a bit when chain vaping. These days I make my juice and use very little nicotine if any at all. For me the nicotine addiction was much less than the hand to mouth addiction once I got over the cigs. It seems like the heavy nicotine is more what we have been convinced we need than what we actually need.

A couple times. first was when i was at a party and vaped through 2 tanks of 2ml on 6mg. Please do note, this was a pen style and i was only there for 4 hours haha.
The second time was the day i learned how to the jellyfish trick i was practicing so much i vaped through 12ml of my 1mg/ml juice. Had to lay on my couch and deal with it but hey. i can do some pretty decent jellies now.

Reactions: 3ebmike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread