Have you had problems with Smoking Everywhere / Anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
OK, we've all seen tons of compalints, and Kate among others have asked me to review them. I have some reservations about soliciting a review copy from a company with this reputation. If I got a good device by some miracle I would be in the awkward position of having to give a good review to a company I know by the reputation is bad.

But beyond that there's another problem. It's still not clear to me who these guys are. Part of the confusion is over the name. I was searching a while back and there are several variations on those names. SmokingEverywhere, Smoking-Everywhere, etc, etc, etc. Then there's Smoking Anywhere, which is Smoke 51's company name, but is also used by a totally different website.

Browsing through the complaints some people are talking about pen styles, some about disposables, some about minis. SOme people bought on the web, some at kiosks.

And so on. Are these all the same guys, or are a bunch of people trying to use the same name? I figure it's the latter, but if so it doesn't make sense that they'd all be money grubbing .......s. So there may be some good ones getting tarred alongside the bad. Or maybe it is all the same people casting a wide net. I just don't know.

So, I want to get it straight once and for all.

Can anyone who has had any dealings with any company using any varient on the Smoking Anywhere/Everywhere name please e-mail me with whatever you can of the following information:

1. Company name?
2. Was it a Website or a Mall kiosk?
3. Location or web address?
4. Type of e-cig (pen,mini, disposable, etc) and model number if known.
5. Owner or operator name?
6. E-mail address?
7. Brief description of your experience with them. ANd I do mean brief. Key details only please, not every step along the way, OK?

Please send that to: smoking-every-any-whatever@e-smoker-forever.com

And, yes that's a real e-mail address! :D

Last edited:

NathanS

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 1, 2008
    Portland, OR USA
    I have never bought their products but i have talked to a guy at a kiosk and he was a liar and a jerk.After i mentioned that i sell e-cigs he was like, "you will never be able to compete with us" and i said that i was selling online to people who have done research on the product. However now that i will be working with a store on the same street as the mall i guess we will be in direct competition. I think the fact that im selling a better product at almost a third of the price will make him move to another mall.

He is a jerk.

flynnz

Jul 22, 2009
    hey all. Noob here. But I will say this. I bought the Smoking Everywhere cigg from amazon.com (my first e-cigg), and it didnt produce any vapor at all. I charged both batteries for well over 4 hours, but all I ended up with was liquid in my mouth which tasted nasty. I am no expert, but I think I am correct in assuming the product is faulty out of the box.

I am also waiting on a blu-cig, but I have been waiting about 2 months for that, and I get the feeling its never coming hah. So yeah, so far I have been having horrible luck trying to get some e-cigg action. anyone have any ideas for a noob?

CArtVapr

ECF Veteran
    Jun 16, 2009
    www.bjorkartstudio.com
    Oh jeezzzzz...... Cancel Blu, Get A joye 510 !!!! It produces great hits, very satisfied, ( even on the regular atomizers ), and now with talk of the upgraded atomizers, it will be even better.
    If someone would only start selling the 510 in the mall, would get those idiots OUT OF BUSINESS and stop giving E-cigs a bad name.
    510 is great, and after you get used to it and how to use it right ( what liquid to use for hit strength, dripping, pcc), it is even better.

flynnz

Jul 22, 2009
    is this the same cig you are talking about? the 510 "cylon" Stainless (Powered by CubeCart)

(link wont work as I am too new here) :(

or is the "joye" model completely different?

...and yeah I think I am canceling the blu cig tomorrow. Only reason I wanted that one was because it seemed like it got decent reviews, was cheap, and came with the neat charge pack. But their service has been horrid, so screw it.

zonia

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I have the Smoke Everywhere. I ordered it online from the company itself. I did not do the trial. I ordered before I researched so a couple of hours later after doing a bit a research I decided not to chance it and tried to cancel my order. This was before they shipped the product. I called them up got the run around before finally being told that no I cannot cancel the order they have a no return policy.

I got the product charged it up and it has worked ever since. I had the typical noob problems and the standard break in time but all the products work. I went through the 10 cartridges really fast so had to go back to analogs until my liquid arrived. I refilled my cartridges but to tell you the truth I am kinda of missing the slightly sweet taste of the original tobacco high strength one I got with the product.

A couple of days ago I got a RN4081 atomizers and some empty cartridges and a pass through cable for the RN4081. The atomizer fits into the Smoking Everywhere Gold battery just fine. The RN4081 cartridges are slightly loose on the Smoking Everywhere Gold atomizer but still workable. However I got a usb pass through for the RN4081 so I use the RN4081 atomizer and cartridges with it and take the Smoking Everywhere Gold to work with me.

The Smoking Everywhere Gold battery usually works for my whole shift and I don't have to use the spare battery. I do usually end up going through 1 and part of another cartridge while at work. It helps to cover one of the holes on the atomizer and take a primer hit but then it produces enough vapor for me.

When I smoked analogs before I would smoke between 1/2 to 1 pack a day for 30 years. I smoked 2 going to work, 3 at work (every 2 hours), and 1 going home.

My main complaints is how much the Smoking Everywhere Gold costs compared to others and the fact that you can't cancel your order even if they haven't shipped it yet. No problems with the actual product though.

Arizona Dad

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Flynnz, I ordered the 510 Titan kit from Totally Wicked. It arrived in the mail less than five days later. If you read the posts around here, you'll find that there are a LOT of satisfied users of the 510. Only downside I've heard about is the short battery life. Personally, my batteries last for several hours and I get tons of vapor. If you need the URL, just PM me. Good luck.

bemi

Oct 23, 2009
    When I saw the ad for Smoking Everywhere's 14 day risk free trial I thought it sounded like a good deal. You pay 9.95 for shipping and try the product for 14 days "risk free". I was unsure how the 14 day trial worked so I emailed them and asked when the 14 days started. Here was the response:

Basically, the 14 day trial starts when you receive the package.

If you keep the item for 14 days, the cost of the kit is 99.02$. The initial, shipping fee is 9.95$.

So I paid the 9.95 thinking I would have 14 days to make up my mind if I wanted to buy it. I received the package on October 15. I tried it, did not like it and decided to send it back. On October 22 I got a phone call from my bank to inform me that my account was overdrawn. Going over my transaction history I found that Smoking Everywhere had charged my account $99.02 on October 8, a week before I received the package. As a result I incurred $122 in overdraft fees. I immediately called the company and the rep told me the 14 day trial period started the day the package was shipped, not what I was originally told. And when I checked the shipping confirmation date, it was October 10, two days AFTER they had already charged my account. There was no 14 day trial at all!!!! I am now seeking a full refund from Smoking Everywhere for the cost of the kit plus $122 in overdraft fees. Beware of this company, they are very misleading.

Genesis

Oct 23, 2009
    southern Oregon
    I just got some Smoking Everywhere starter packs from a friend. they were a completely new concept to my household when he showed up with them and since there are three smokers in this house, myself, my wife and our roommate, we got three of them.

I must say our first impression was amazement. I am a two pack a day smoker and I completely stepped away from tobacco. of course we didn't order any juice in time so had to go back to analogs for a bit.

I did absolutely no research before getting these and am happy to say that they have at least worked well for all of us. but I don't like to work with companies that have poor customer service - quality is more than the product alone, it's how well a company stands behind their product - so I'd like to find a better purchase. is there one company/product that stands above the others? I know when it comes to vaporizers quality is dictated by price and the only one I'd use cost $500. does the same apply to nicotine vapes? is there a model out there that is the top of the line? or should I just look at these as disposable items?

I appreciate any input.

Genesis

hifistud

ECF Veteran
    Jul 25, 2009
    Sunderland, UK
    OK, we've all seen tons of compalints, and Kate among others have asked me to review them. I have some reservations about soliciting a review copy from a company with this reputation. If I got a good device by some miracle I would be in the awkward position of having to give a good review to a company I know by the reputation is bad.

What are you reviewing? Is it the product, the company or the deal? As a reviewer, you have a duty to make it clear from the outset: thus, you may have an excellent product that is part of a shoddy deal from a poor company.

But beyond that there's another problem. It's still not clear to me who these guys are. Part of the confusion is over the name. I was searching a while back and there are several variations on those names. SmokingEverywhere, Smoking-Everywhere, etc, etc, etc. Then there's Smoking Anywhere, which is Smoke 51's company name, but is also used by a totally different website.

Smoking Anywhere is SLB/SaiLebao's soubriquet - it's on all their packaging.
    It's entirely possible, then, that multiple vendors are re-selling SLB product in its original packaging, and you'll have all manner of folks doing that. Smoking Everywhere, though, is (as far as I can see) a company all of its own.

Mac

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2009
    All up in your grill..
    My kiosk is called smoke anywhere and we sell smoke51 products. We carry other products as well. I think if you spoke with some of my customers you would hear about a vastly different experience then those who bought direct from 51 or greenpuffer. I keep hearing about kiosks not honoring their warranty and I just don't get how they retain any customers at all. I have one customer I had replace devices for 6 times. sure we lost a little money on postage and tying up stock but She reccomends us highly and is a loyal customer! Well worth it! Our customer retention is very high. What are these people thinking by not honoring their warranty? I don't get it.

Note: I didn't respond to the email because I am an employee not a customer.

whistlrr

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2009
    Michigan's Knobbywristbone
    (also sent as an email as requested)

1. Company name?
    SmokingEverywhere

2. Was it a Website or a Mall kiosk?
    website

3. Location or web address?
    smokingeverywhere.com

BUT was actually seen on an unrelated site as a small corner advertisement, sorry no idea where now, as an advertisement for a free e cig simply for cost of shipment. the advert that did not identify as being 'smoking everywhere" -- details of the arrangement including indicating it was actually a 'subscription' and with whom didn't popup until *after* I'd signed on for it.

4. Type of e-cig (pen,mini, disposable, etc) and model number if known.
    its their "Gold One" model -- no idea otherwise

5. Owner or operator name?
    ? -- at one point I was on the telephone with a customer rep,
    self identifying as either 'Hugo' or 'Huzo,'
    Employee ID #42589, ext 202

6. E-mail address?
    support@smokingeverywhere.com

7. Brief description of your experience with them. ANd I do mean brief. Key details only please, not every step along the way, OK?

They are apparently refusing to acknowledge and respond appropriately to the fact that I have no business arrangement/no subscription with them:

first refused to acknowledge cancellation of canceled 'subscription' free trial (canceled immediately within the hour of having placed it), so product was never sent, never received, never wanted.
    They also kept and did not reverse charges for a $9.95 "non refundable shipping fee" for this unsent item.
    Acknowledgment by email of the cancellation was eventually received.

A month later I was billed by cc for $99.02; when I contacted by phone (see answer #5 above) I was assured this charge would be reversed & situation resolved on my card within 72 hours, however instead 3 days later an unrequested shipment of the "Gold One" arrived.

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2008
    Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
    What are you reviewing? Is it the product, the company or the deal? As a reviewer, you have a duty to make it clear from the outset: thus, you may have an excellent product that is part of a shoddy deal from a poor company.
    This is an old thread, and the issue of reviewing a good product from a bad company is one I'd resolved when I revamped my review system. Basically I seperated my ratings system to 5 purely performance based measures, andone overall "top shelf vs bottom shelf" reccomendation, which is more subjective and can include factors like horrible, horrible customer service complaints. So a device might get high performance ratings, but still be put firmly on the bottom shelf.

Smoking Anywhere is SLB/SaiLebao's soubriquet - it's on all their packaging.
    It's entirely possible, then, that multiple vendors are re-selling SLB product in its original packaging, and you'll have all manner of folks doing that. Smoking Everywhere, though, is (as far as I can see) a company all of its own.
    Again, I cleared this up elsewhere. The main company operating under the Smiking Anywhere LLC name is Smoke51, and also a subsidiary, Greensmoke. As far as I was able to determine, they are unconnected to Smoking Everywhere, although there are some pretty fishy coincidences and similarities.

They do both appear together in some mall kiosks, but those are franchise operations, and some have contracted with both companies.

The SLB affiliated one you mention may be that one website I found that seemed unconnected to either SA LLC, or to SE, except for the similar website name.

My kiosk is called smoke anywhere and we sell smoke51 products. We carry other products as well. I think if you spoke with some of my customers you would hear about a vastly different experience then those who bought direct from 51 or greenpuffer.

All I can say is that I haven't heard anywhere near the amount of complaints about either of those online operations as I have heard about the mall kiosks, or SE's online service.

Online, SE seems like one of the worst companies I have ever heard of, with complaints and returns ignored, money never refunded or only after a long battle, and a "guarantee policy" which seems designed to make it impossible to use, and is pretty much ignored anyway if you try. Not to even mention a basically sub-par product.

OTOH, the online S51 and Greensmoke operations seem no worse than any other online retailer in that regard. A complaint here or there, but that's unavoidable in retail.

The kiosks, by the volume of complaints, seem just as bad as SE online. Whether they carry S51, SE, or both. I attribute it to the nature of turn-key franchise set-ups. People who are really interested retail business, and thus understand the realities of retail and importance of customer service, generally build their own business. People who buy turn-key operations are either looking for a self-running cash-generator, or have no clue about business and retail to begin with.

You may well be an exception. But, again, as evidenced by the litany of complaints on this and other forums, you sir are in the minority. And I will stand by that.

And the next quote is a good case in point:

They are apparently refusing to acknowledge and respond appropriately to the fact that I have no business arrangement/no subscription with them:

first refused to acknowledge cancellation of canceled 'subscription' free trial (canceled immediately within the hour of having placed it), so product was never sent, never received, never wanted.
    They also kept and did not reverse charges for a $9.95 "non refundable shipping fee" for this unsent item.
    Acknowledgment by email of the cancellation was eventually received.

A month later I was billed by cc for $99.02; when I contacted by phone (see answer #5 above) I was assured this charge would be reversed & situation resolved on my card within 72 hours, however instead 3 days later an unrequested shipment of the "Gold One" arrived.

Whistlrr, thanks so much for sharing. I'm sorry for your experience, but hopefully it'll help warn other consumers away.

Mac

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2009
    All up in your grill..
    All I can say is that I haven't heard anywhere near the amount of complaints about either of those online operations

OTOH, the online S51 and Greensmoke operations seem no worse than any other online retailer in that regard. A complaint here or there, but that's unavoidable in retail.

The kiosks, by the volume of complaints, seem just as bad as SE online. Whether they carry S51, SE, or both. I attribute it to the nature of turn-key franchise set-ups. People who are really interested retail business, and thus understand the realities of retail and importance of customer service, generally build their own business. People who buy turn-key operations are either looking for a self-running cash-generator, or have no clue about business and retail to begin with.

You may well be an exception. But, again, as evidenced by the litany of complaints on this and other forums, you sir are in the minority. And I will stand by that.

Yes I think I am a minority. Yes the kiosk perception in general (regardless of product) is usually negative. I strive to rise above that and do everything above board. No gimmicks and no hidden fees. With outstanding service. I just don't see any other way to do it. I could choose to be a jerk and force my customers to send bad electronics directly to 51 but in my opinion that would be foolish. If everyone local was saying how bad we were it wouldn't take long for my cartridge business and new sales to dry up. I am not willing to see only the short view. These other vendors will eventually be sorry for engaging in cut-throat practices.

Last edited:

galady

Oct 1, 2009
    Yes I think I am a minority. Yes the kiosk perception in general (regardless of product) is usually negative. I strive to rise above that and do everything above board. No gimmicks and no hidden fees. With outstanding service. I just don't see any other way to do it. I could choose to be a jerk and force my customers to send bad electronics directly to 51 but in my opinion that would be foolish. If everyone local was saying how bad we were it wouldn't take long for my cartridge business and new sales to dry up. I am not willing to see only the short view. These other vendors will eventually be sorry for engaging in cut-throat practices.

I ordered the Smoking Everywhere 14 day trial 9/20/09 on line with $9.95 shipping. Not received 9/28/09, called and was told delay and would mail in about 2 days with tracking info and 14 days would start when mailed. Called again 1-899-613-0037 on 10/8/09 and told it had been shipped and given tracking number. Product was delivered 10/10/09. I returned product 10/13/09, very much overpriced after checking with this forum. I returned with delivery confirmation of 10/15/09. On 10/18/09 SE charged my account with $99.02. I again called SE and they credited my account 2 days later.

I had ordered another 7 day trial from Smoke51.com online 10/1/09. As of today I still have not received anything except a charge 10/31/09 in the amount of $89.95. After the bad experience with SE I called to cancel the Smoke51 order 10/19/09, got recording of how to cancel and responed with email to cancel. Cannot find any phone number for a real person, all recordings. Email responce to cancel states that order in process and will extend the 7 day trial.

I have cancelled my card so they will not be able to charge the monthly fee for cartridges $29.95. I again sent emails about this but got the same response of extending the 7 day trial. Still don't have anything to try.

Any of you know how to get to a live person to correct this and get my $$$ back?

galady :evil:

Mac

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2009
    All up in your grill..
    I ordered the Smoking Everywhere 14 day trial 9/20/09 on line with $9.95 shipping. Not received 9/28/09, called and was told delay and would mail in about 2 days with tracking info and 14 days would start when mailed. Called again 1-899-613-0037 on 10/8/09 and told it had been shipped and given tracking number. Product was delivered 10/10/09. I returned product 10/13/09, very much overpriced after checking with this forum. I returned with delivery confirmation of 10/15/09. On 10/18/09 SE charged my account with $99.02. I again called SE and they credited my account 2 days later.

I had ordered another 7 day trial from Smoke51.com online 10/1/09. As of today I still have not received anything except a charge 10/31/09 in the amount of $89.95. After the bad experience with SE I called to cancel the Smoke51 order 10/19/09, got recording of how to cancel and responed with email to cancel. Cannot find any phone number for a real person, all recordings. Email responce to cancel states that order in process and will extend the 7 day trial.

I have cancelled my card so they will not be able to charge the monthly fee for cartridges $29.95. I again sent emails about this but got the same response of extending the 7 day trial. Still don't have anything to try.

Any of you know how to get to a live person to correct this and get my $$$ back?

galady :evil:
    Not sure what to tell you about SE as I have no dealings with them. As to smoke 51 A live person can be reached by phone mon-thursday from 9-4 by calling 888-766-5351 (EST).

My personal advice is to you is that you should probably avoid ANY product claiming a free trial. Those types of offers are never what they seem.

Smoke51 is a great product if you have a local retailer who operates with integrity. Otherwise I would probably buy something cheaper, if you are gonna buy online.

maureengill

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 3, 2009
    Trainer PA
    www.freedomsmokeusa.com
    I am one that did the free trial....It took over a month to get the ecig and by then I had found this site and ordered a 510 starter kit from cignot (which i recieved in three days). I was charged the 99.02 on 10/8 (a month after ordering the trial) and finally recieved the package later that week. I refused the package and called smoking everywhere (800-613-0337) and after calling 18 times in a row and holding for operators who hung up on me 17 times in a row I finally got someone on the phone who would actually do their job. They were tracking the package through usps and said that they would refund me as soon as they recieved the package back. I was so shocked to see the refund has actually been credited to my credit card. I didn't recieve the 9.95 refund that I was promised, but is it worth it to aggravate myself by calling another 20 times? Also if i did decide to call them back would I even get someone who gave a crap?? questionable. I was just thankful they refunded the 99.02...like i have that kind of money to just throw away....

Maureen

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2009
    North Bay San Francisco
    I just got some Smoking Everywhere starter packs from a friend. they were a completely new concept to my household when he showed up with them and since there are three smokers in this house, myself, my wife and our roommate, we got three of them.

I must say our first impression was amazement. I am a two pack a day smoker and I completely stepped away from tobacco. of course we didn't order any juice in time so had to go back to analogs for a bit.

I did absolutely no research before getting these and am happy to say that they have at least worked well for all of us. but I don't like to work with companies that have poor customer service - quality is more than the product alone, it's how well a company stands behind their product - so I'd like to find a better purchase. is there one company/product that stands above the others? I know when it comes to vaporizers quality is dictated by price and the only one I'd use cost $500. does the same apply to nicotine vapes? is there a model out there that is the top of the line? or should I just look at these as disposable items?

I appreciate any input.

Genesis

I don't want to alarm you but a lot of people that bought from this company complained that they got into a subscription with SE sending them over priced lousy quality merchandise. If you have a subscription with them cancell your credit card and get a new one as these people also said SE continued to charge them even they cancelled.

PVs are pretty much disposable with the battery lasting about 100-200 charges, the attomiser lasting anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months.

The best model to choose is a highly debated issue which comes down to the users opinion

awf40

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2009
    Kansas
    Well I already posted about this on another thread.. I too ordered 1 in sept & I also cancelled right away.. They billed me 9.95 & than 99.02 even though I had cancelled it.. I had my credit card reverse this 99.02 charge. So if u did order this & cancelled get a hold of your credit card company as soon as possible cause they still will charge u for it.. After all my nasty emails to them, they finally emailed me & said they were going to refund me my 9.95 & 99.02. Must not of liked my emails LOL.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread