Have you ordered from Black Note ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
They have a pretty good 'points' system... return 5 (?) of the cardboard packaging capsules and you get a free 30ml bottle. Review and get some points, buying gets you points. It doesn't take long to accumulate enough to get a bottle or two. So there are some savings to be had :)

Yeah. Ive purchased 5 bottles to date so I will get a free bottle as soon as I ship the 5 cardboard capsules back, and it seems I have enough points for another free bottle also. Another thing I like about Black Note is you receive your order fast. Every time.

Reactions: Yonjuro

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
Legato sounds right up my alley. I must try these! Do report back on the others as well - I don't want to waste $ on the notebook if a few really stand out.

Yesterday I tried Bravura, based on the feedback from others. It is just as good, if not better than Legato, imo. Less grassy and earthy, a little more subtle, but very, very good. I am overall very satisfied and will definitely add BN to my rotation, probably replacing 5P.

Edit: Just tried Cadenza too. Another excellent one. What's very interesting is that BN juices are exactly what they claim to be - tobacco. The differences between them are very minor and very difficult to describe. It's exactly the same as smoking cigarettes from different brands - they are all cigs, but they all taste different.

Last edited:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I won five 30 mil bottles and thought four of the five were pretty good (Prelude was too damn sweet for my liking). Cadenza was fantastic while the remaining three (Sonato, Forte, and Adagio) were about average to me. They were not that harsh on coils and packaged just like 5-pawns as well.

That being said, I will not order again because I can't justify paying about a buck a mil for it. Especially when there are other NET vendors out there which I enjoy more for half the cost. But to each their own, my vape budget only matters to me, what someone else pays is not my concern.

Slightly OT:

If you're still around ECF and vaping what do you think of the $1/ml tax the City of Chicago and Cook County are applying to vape juice.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Slightly OT:

If you're still around ECF and vaping what do you think of the $1/ml tax the City of Chicago and Cook County are applying to vape juice.

It's typical machine do what we want to who ever we want, when ever we want, because we need the money, politics which has been the Chicago way for almost a century. We get what we deserve cause we put the same ...... in office year after year. I did what I could by emailing and trying to call the county officials (don't live in Chicago so they (aldermen/women) wont have nothing to do with me). Told them I they lost my vote (they never had it but there is never much of an opposition party here).

I have not had to pay it and wont until they start taxing internet sales. Plus, I DIY a lot now and will start extracting soon so will pretty much not have to pay it. It sucks for the people who never tried ecigs/vaping yet, they are the ones I feel for.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    It's typical machine do what we want to who ever we want, when ever we want, because we need the money, politics which has been the Chicago way for almost a century. We get what we deserve cause we put the same ...... in office year after year. I did what I could by emailing and trying to call the county officials (don't live in Chicago so they (aldermen/women) wont have nothing to do with me). Told them I they lost my vote (they never had it but there is never much of an opposition party here).

I have not had to pay it and wont until they start taxing internet sales. Plus, I DIY a lot now and will start extracting soon so will pretty much not have to pay it. It sucks for the people who never tried ecigs/vaping yet, they are the ones I feel for.

Dittos to everything you said. I could retype it...but, I agree 100%.

Reactions: Vicman

Biff_B

Aug 13, 2015
    Finally got through all of the Notebook samples after making a purchase last week. I started with Adagio based on the description (Havana Blend). This one left me perhaps the most disappointed and concerned that I wouldn't like any of them as it was too light/dry and coupled with a strange aftertaste. Some are very light imo, others are bolder and full of flavor. A higher nic choice might alter them considerably. I ordered in 12mg. I did end up enjoying three of them very much.

My favorites from the bunch in this order:

1. Forte - Has the most distinct flavor, stands out against the rest with none of the strange aftertaste I sensed in a few. Plenty of TH as well. If I reorder, this will be the one.
    2. Legato - Similar to Forte, maybe slightly less strength/boldness.
    3. Cadenza - I like a spicyness with a tobacco, and this one does that well. Decent flavor.

The rest of these with exception to Solo (did not try yet - not a menthol person) were just too light for me. That strange aftertaste I mentioned was more prevalent in Adagio and Prelude. The best way I can describe it, lighter fluid. I know that sounds weird, but if you ever lit a cigarette from a Zippo you'd know what I mean. This was only evident to me in the exhale. I also would not rule out steeping as an added potential benefit to the flavors.

Before I commit to the few I described as favorable and order any more, I'm trying out N.E.T. Tobacco as they have a better price point. Hoping it's good as many have said they enjoy them. I should be getting my first order this week (3-crown and Red-I).

The shipping and return program at Black Note is a nice bonus though. Order arrived to East Coast from California in just two days. Can't beat that.

Koulismavronikolas

Dec 30, 2015
    Exsqueeze me, not coil killers?;) I vape about a bottle of this in 3 days, and I have to change coils on the end of the second day. It's an expensive hobby, more so than tobacco was, for me. I use an Aspire Triton, with 1.8 ohm coils at 13 watts.

I must say, that after trying over 30 tobacco vapor liquids, I've found nirvana. It's perfection to the t. Even the packaging, labels, bottles, name; everything is in its finest detail. It's the kind that you come across in different forms through life; people who nailed it.

All the stuff I've tried, from oksmokey to house of liquids el toro, tasted artificial to a degree that if I wouldn't have found this Black Note stuff, I would've been in a world of pain.

I cannot say enough good things about this, but I'm new to vaping and I haven't been around here long.

I started vaping on the 14th of july, the day we drew' over pluto and I quit smoking that same day.

I've been smoking up to 40 hand rolled cigarettes a day for the last 20-25 years. I was smoking Manitou Virginia Gold, which is a non-additives viginia blend.

Coming from this background and generally not liking anything of that crappy candy colored sweetness that's everywhere in the vaping community, I can say that this is the end of the road.

I love the smell of tobacco in the morning and I can say, if you're a fellow connoisseur looking for something, this one's right up your alley.

Also, if you're a Triton guy, or have big vaping equipment, get a lower nicotine bottle, like 0.3, cause if you get too much nicotine, it kills the taste and 0.3 is enough nicotine if you got a big tank and blow clouds like Hiroshima.

Hello madorian, i have just started vaping today and im curious since you said you were smoking manitou which is the tobacco that im currently using. Can you please tell me which one of the black note's offerings comes closer to manitou? And which ones did you try?

verycurious

Jun 21, 2015
    I got their sample package (perfect labeling, concept etc) but i didn't like their juice at all. I can't describe but all of the juices have the same smell (taste?) which prevent me from enjoying them. at best they are overpriced but ordinary (meh) juices for me. I prefer hhv, goodejuice, ahlusion, mov for NET juices. finally i know taste is subjective, some people really love the black note's juices.

Reactions: anavidfan

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
    They're advertised here, say that they are the only company that uses authentic tobacco derivatives. They only gave five or six choices but the descriptions souns awesome. Only thin is there aren't any reviews, so maybe they just hit the market.

If if you've ordered from them I'd appreciate your opinion.

Edit to say sorry for the typos but my edit would prolly have typos. I tried to vape the remote control a little while ago :).

I can find them in Europe, if I remember well. But they're expensive, at least I think so. They're definitely not the only company that makes NETs.

Steven Papuchis

Feb 24, 2016
    I am new to vaping , only 2 months now, but I don't mess around when it comes to taste..I started with Ripe Vapes VCT, tried Space Jam,,,big mistake, then just got the sample pack of Black Note!! BAM! I'm hooked!! I have that feeling that I screwed myself as a newbie and went right to the the Best NET available. ...like I lost my virginity at 12..lol

Reactions: AstroTurf

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I am new to vaping , only 2 months now, but I don't mess around when it comes to taste..I started with Ripe Vapes VCT, tried Space Jam,,,big mistake, then just got the sample pack of Black Note!! BAM! I'm hooked!! I have that feeling that I screwed myself as a newbie and went right to the the Best NET available. ...like I lost my virginity at 12..lol

12!

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Can anyone recommend a small device to use black note in? I am using it at the moment in the ovale eclipse c. It is great in this device, but the elips used joyetech type A atomizers and they seem not to like this juice over all. I get about 3 days per atomizer. I want something that is small with a tight air flow. I love this juice. I can just buy more atomizers than I usually would, but just wanted to see if someone had had better luck with something else. Black note does not recommend anything under .8 ohms. So it seems limited. Thank you for any information.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2011
    McKinney, TX
    Just got in a new bottle of Solo and I got a free sample bottle also! My gosh, I love this juice! I got 6mg and I have it loaded in a Nautilus mini and use the tank on my iStick 30w or my Provari minis!
    For super pocket mini mode I have some loaded also in my Ego One mini!
    I can vape this all day! Every day!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread