Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I used Vivi Novas in both full size and mini a couple of years ago and loved them. The heads are easy to dry burn and if you do that often they last a long time even with gunky juices. It helps to tilt them battery up a bit when vaping to help keep the wicks wet, like with any top coil device. All you can do is try one and see if it works for you.

Good luck with it :)

Bombeni

Jan 28, 2015
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I used Vivi Novas in both full size and mini a couple of years ago and loved them. The heads are easy to dry burn and if you do that often they last a long time even with gunky juices. It helps to tilt them battery up a bit when vaping to help keep the wicks wet, like with any top coil device. All you can do is try one and see if it works for you.

Good luck with it :)

Hi! Would you explain "dry burn" in some detail? I've seen the term before but I have not done it. At what point do you do it? About how many days of regular vaping can you expect a tank to last? The coil I mean. Also, when cleaning a tank like these, can you just soak them an hour in hot water then let them air dry? Do these need to be completely dry before reusing?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hi! Would you explain "dry burn" in some detail? I've seen the term before but I have not done it. At what point do you do it? About how many days of regular vaping can you expect a tank to last? The coil I mean. Also, when cleaning a tank like these, can you just soak them an hour in hot water then let them air dry? Do these need to be completely dry before reusing?

Honestly, if you don't mind replacing coils every couple weeks, I'd go with this..... great vape, super easy, and coils are fairly cheap ASPIRE VIVI NOVA-S GLASS - Clearance You don't want to dry burn these, but if the vivi nova you posted has a cotton wick, you don't want to dry burn that either. The older ones had silica wicks that you could dry burn. That being said, here is how you do it, if you use something that can be dry burned.

Unscrew the post from the tank. Put the post on your battery.
Take off the silicone thingy so you can see the coil
Pulse batt in 4 second increments. It'll smoke and smell a bit, no worries, that is just burning off the crud.
Continue this til you no longer have smoke and smell and you can see the coil burning bright orange, evenly.
Rinse the head (I usually took it off the post to do this), pat dry on paper towels and replace
put it back together and fill. First few hits will be weak to non existent due to water on the wick, just vape through it.

They didn't have watts when I was using these, but used em for years (full sized) and loved them at the time. Depending on the ohm of your atty, say 2.4, you could easily vape around 4.3 or a bit higher Volts, which would be more than 5 watts, but don't know how to convert it. They have calcs for that I'm sure. I used these when there was no good bottom coil device available that didn't leak.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I am still using my mega vivi novas by vision over 2 years later. One of my best purchases ever and I still buy them. I haven't had as good a luck with the mini due to some leaks and they are a bit harder to fill due to the small size. I dryburn and rewick mine all the time. I use the kayfun also. Here is an old video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6_b-uUKVJg

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Another question...do you think these nova tanks are suitable for a 20 watt Itaste? I've noticed some tanks will say in the description they aren't for use over about 5 watts. This nova mini doesn't say anything about it.

Not really. You'll struggle to vape on such 'old' technology with an iStick. Unless you have a decidedly under-powered iStick it will burn a standard resistance mini Vivi Nova out the park, first hit of the bat.

How do I know? Because the lowest setting on the iStick gives the user 4.0v not the display 3.0v and yes, that will burn.

They were good in their time. They still can be good, but depends on the power your battery gives.

If you must buy one for an iStick... make sure you buy higher resistance atomizer heads.

In all honesty... it's a crazy idea.

Bombeni

Jan 28, 2015
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Honestly, if you don't mind replacing coils every couple weeks, I'd go with this..... great vape, super easy, and coils are fairly cheap ASPIRE VIVI NOVA-S GLASS - Clearance You don't want to dry burn these, but if the vivi nova you posted has a cotton wick, you don't want to dry burn that either. The older ones had silica wicks that you could dry burn. That being said, here is how you do it, if you use something that can be dry burned.

Unscrew the post from the tank. Put the post on your battery.
Take off the silicone thingy so you can see the coil
Pulse batt in 4 second increments. It'll smoke and smell a bit, no worries, that is just burning off the crud.
Continue this til you no longer have smoke and smell and you can see the coil burning bright orange, evenly.
Rinse the head (I usually took it off the post to do this), pat dry on paper towels and replace
put it back together and fill. First few hits will be weak to non existent due to water on the wick, just vape through it.

They didn't have watts when I was using these, but used em for years (full sized) and loved them at the time. Depending on the ohm of your atty, say 2.4, you could easily vape around 4.3 or a bit higher Volts, which would be more than 5 watts, but don't know how to convert it. They have calcs for that I'm sure. I used these when there was no good bottom coil device available that didn't leak.

Thanks everyone for the replies! Debadoo, thank you for linking this website, they have some nice merchandise and good prices. im ordering four of these tanks you found.

Bombeni

Jan 28, 2015
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I am using one on my istick and it works fine. The head is 2.4

Back peddling.....I haven't placed my order yet. I have an Itaste 20 watt. These tanks that debadoo found...aspire mini nove.... which I like the looks of better, have only a 1.8 resistance. But when they burn out couldn't i replace them with a more suitable coil? I found a B & M that I can go to and they'll replace any of my coils for two bucks.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Back peddling.....I haven't placed my order yet. I have an Itaste 20 watt. These tanks that debadoo found...aspire mini nove.... which I like the looks of better, have only a 1.8 resistance. But when they burn out couldn't i replace them with a more suitable coil? I found a B & M that I can go to and they'll replace any of my coils for two bucks.

I'm not familiar with those.......but just looked an the Itaste20w says it goes down to 3.3 v so I would think that would be fine. The old school of thumb to find how many volts to vape a particular ohm on was this...... Ohms + 2 - .2 so 1.8 ohms + 2 = 3.8v - .2 = 3.6v

newer things with airflow blows that out of the water now, but that was how we did it back in the day. And it was just a starting point. But I'm sure someone who is better at that stuff than me can chime in on if the 1.8 heads will work ok with the Itaste. I may have found some 2.1 heads for those when I was using them, but don't remember.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I would check with the B&M first to make sure they can replace the 1.8 with a higher ohm coil. The link she posted shows them on clearance and from my reading most people are using the new bvc coils. May want to check around a bit more. Why not check out the nautilus it has a mini also and has great reviews?

The nautilus is good too, but much more expensive as are the coils, and I think you can still only go up to 1.8 ohms on them. There are better clearos than the one I posted, but I was thinking she wanted something fairly inexpensive, and those are a pretty good tank for not much money. Much better than the top coil CE4's IMO

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I pretty much use RBA's now, but still want to get a couple of those to have on hand. i've got some pluid I want to try to satisfy my curiosity about it, but have heard it will totally take over a tank, so figured these would be a good one to try it in, and either keep it for that, or toss it when I'm done. I used the plastic ones like that for a long time before I got my naughty, they're pretty good, and I like that these are glass. Was so happy to find a BDC that didn't leak! Used those ce4's for a long time too, they were good in the day, but not now.

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
Hi Bomb, I use the Vivi Nova, that Debadoo linked, on an iStick 20w at 8.5 watts and like it a lot. I use the 1.8 BVC coils and you can find them easily. I use Sweetvapes. I did drill out the two air holes on the bottom with a 1/8" drill bit for a little more air flow. Only issue I have is some gurgling when the juice gets low, just add more juice. :D Also the prices for these are great! :2cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread