Haven't smoked in two days, I feel great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
I remember tasting things that tasted different after quitting smoking and now some of the things I used to like I no longer care for any longer.

Yeah. I'm a big Mt. Dew drinker, and I liked the generic Walmart Mt. Lightning version. But now, it doesn't taste as good as it used to.

hajidub

Jan 31, 2017
Congrats Tehcrs. I'm a noob also and my story is weirdly similar. For the first time ever I didn't have a cigarette on my drive to work (dunno why), when I got on the bus to enter work I could smell every smoker that entered the bus. I thought to myself, "wow, that's what I smell like all these years!" I went the next day to the vapeshop and bought my first device. I have cheated back with smokes every once in a while, but have noticed when they're not readily available I don't miss them. It's funny to see, but out at my workplace smoke area (avg. 40 people), 30 are vapers.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Why hello there everybody!
I haven't smoked a cigarette in two days and I feel awesome.
I smoked for 15ish years and recently smoked 20ish cigarettes a day.
Two days ago, saturday morning, I would sit on the couch and do what I would do every morning; have a coffee and smoke a cigarette, when pretty much out of nowhere I decided to visit my local vape dealer and get some advice on e-cigarettes/ vapes. Dude knew what he was talking about and an hour later I left with an eleaf iStick Pico and 6mg nicotine liquids 70 (PG)/ 30 (VG). I paid $30 more for the vape than I would have online, but I his advice and knowledge are way worth the $30 so I'm not even mad. Hell, I would've smoked that money in not even four days.
Yesterday we attended our friends' son's baptism and out of the 20ish people there at least half of them were smokers. I didn't touch a single cigarette and to be honest I didn't even have a craving. I still can't believe it really, as I would love and enjoy my cigarettes.
Right now I'm in the office and my work buddy and I would always smoke together on our breaks. So today will be the next challenge but I have a feeling I won't fall into relapse. Why would I even?
I don't even any side effects thus far; no coughing, no spitting, no nothing and generally I feel super.
I'm already looking for which parts to upgrade in order to make this an even better experience.
I can't wait for taste buds and my sense of smell to recover. And I love smelling my hands, because you know.. They don't smell anymore.
I'm not even sure why I'm writing all this.. I'll keep this updated.
Cheers and keep vaping!
Welcome and glad you joined. Starting out with sub ohm'g with vendor assistance is worth more than double the $30 more you spent. Most beginners fail vaping properly with that much wattage/sub ohm's to begin with.
Might like to read:
VapeWild Test Results
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Reactions: tehcrs

tehcrs

Feb 6, 2017
Hey there!

Two days have passed and I'd like to give you guys an update.

First of all I'd like to thank everybody for their kind words!

I still haven't touched a cigarette and I didn't even crave one. My SO still smokes (doesn't intend to quit, but that's fine - to each their own) and I don't even mind her smoking next to me in the household. I also don't have any issues at work eventho half of my coworkers are smokers.

A week ago I couldn't even imagine quitting and at this very moment I can't even imagine going back, it's crazy really and I don't understand but I'm glad it is how it is.

People kept telling me to quit smoking for years and I would never listen. I think I just can't handle people telling me what to do.

I'm already vaping less than I would three days ago. No idea if that's a good thing or not.

Well, thanks again for listening and I'll keep you guys up to date. :)

tehcrs

Feb 6, 2017
Well, sup?

It's me again with another tiny update. To this day I haven't touched a single one of the stinkies, and I'm so effin proud!

I would be sick with the flu the past couple of days which I think was a mix of the actual flu and some sort of special "I stopped smoking flu". It's been odd.

I have recently switched to an RTA (Geek Vape Ammit, great tank!) which has made vaping even more of an enjoyment, plus I have also switched juices and do now vape 80VG.. I love it.

Well, that's it for now. As I said a tiny update.

Vape on!

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Dude knew what he was talking about and an hour later I left with an Eleaf iStick Pico and 6mg nicotine liquids 70 (PG)/ 30 (VG). I paid $30 more for the vape than I would have online, but I his advice and knowledge are way worth the $30 so I'm not even mad. Hell, I would've smoked that money in not even four days.

Its great that vaping is working for you. Its amazing how the way your treated in a vape shop makes all the difference. I've been in some shops that a snot nosed brat was forced to put the Iphone down so I can inconvenience them for a few minutes with a question. 70pg juice IMO is a bit sharp and can hit you good on the back of the throat especially with a good delivery system. 50/50 is a bit smoother, 60vg/40pg is a nice ratio for taste and vapor.
Enjoy your journey....

tehcrs

Feb 6, 2017
You're absolutely right.. I personally always judge a business by their service and their customer support, especially after sales. My local vape shop has been doing a great job and I can always just come around and even just hang around for that matter. I would be there last saturday and spent four hours sitting, vaping, drinking coffee and eventually buying a few things. It just feels right.

I've also recently switched to 80VG Juice and it makes all the difference in the world. Good stuff!

Reactions: Alter

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
congrats on getting off the stinkies! i'm quite new as well, been off the stinkies for only around 3 weeks, I feel a lot better. Keep at it!

Right On frosc.

:thumb:

Keep Doing what you are doing. And make sure you have a Back-Up to Everything you use.

frosc

Jan 23, 2017
Right On frosc.

:thumb:

Keep Doing what you are doing. And make sure you have a Back-Up to Everything you use.

yep, got 2 setups so far, Evic Primo+Serpent mini when im out and about, pico+nautilus mini when im at home (I dont want to fog my room :p). thinking to buy some more backup batteries for travel use.

geoffd

Feb 21, 2017
Western Virginia
Why hello there everybody!

I haven't smoked a cigarette in two days and I feel awesome.

I smoked for 15ish years and recently smoked 20ish cigarettes a day.

Two days ago, saturday morning, I would sit on the couch and do what I would do every morning; have a coffee and smoke a cigarette, when pretty much out of nowhere I decided to visit my local vape dealer and get some advice on e-cigarettes/ vapes. Dude knew what he was talking about and an hour later I left with an Eleaf iStick Pico and 6mg nicotine liquids 70 (PG)/ 30 (VG). I paid $30 more for the vape than I would have online, but I his advice and knowledge are way worth the $30 so I'm not even mad. Hell, I would've smoked that money in not even four days.

Yesterday we attended our friends' son's baptism and out of the 20ish people there at least half of them were smokers. I didn't touch a single cigarette and to be honest I didn't even have a craving. I still can't believe it really, as I would love and enjoy my cigarettes.

Right now I'm in the office and my work buddy and I would always smoke together on our breaks. So today will be the next challenge but I have a feeling I won't fall into relapse. Why would I even?

I don't even any side effects thus far; no coughing, no spitting, no nothing and generally I feel super.

I'm already looking for which parts to upgrade in order to make this an even better experience.

I can't wait for taste buds and my sense of smell to recover. And I love smelling my hands, because you know.. They don't smell anymore.

I'm not even sure why I'm writing all this.. I'll keep this updated.

Cheers and keep vaping!
That is awesome to hear. I stopped cigs and started vaping last week and am so happy about it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread