Having issues with Smart XL PCC and V4L Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I recently got back into vaping and I'm using 3 batteries from V4L that I got a couple years ago, two autos and a manual (had a second manual that bit the dust) and I'm having issues with items to charge the batteries (not the batteries themselves). I only had the wall charger for my batteries, while ordering clearomizers I saw a 808 USB charger, got it didn't even fit. So I looked for a pcc I liked and I found Smart XL Portable Charging Case

Got it charged it first chance I got and vaped until my two auto batteries died. I screwed them in held down the button down.. the lights flashed, my batteries flashed.. then nothing. According to the directions you press and hold the button, the pcc would flash, you batteries would flash and the smart pcc would assess their charge and if low would begin to charge, turning the indicator light below red while it's charging.

I tried switching the batteries to the other side, like that would do anything but I wanted to try everything didn't work. I took the batteries out, I happened to have my manual going on my wall charger so I took it off and put on one of my auto. Put the manual into the pcc. I try it again and it started to charge the manual, I took the auto off the wall charger and put it on the other side press and hold the button and it started charging too. I think I'm in the clear.

I was at a friends house, luckily had all three of my batteries because after one died I tried to charge it with my pcc and it didn't charge. After thinking and testing I realise the pcc only works if I jump start charge the batteries on the wall charger which defeats the purpose of a pcc. I even tried using the old little one battery pcc I got with the V4L starter kit to see if I could do the 'jump start' with the pcc from V4L, didn't work only works from wall charger.

Anyone have experience with this pcc or trouble with V4L batteries not cooperating?

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
I had that PCC, and loved it. Yes, when you hold down the button the charger is supposed to determine the charge needed and start charging, both batteries' LED will flash then the indicator lights on the PCC should turn red.

I do not know about the V4L batteries, but as long as they are 808d-1's, should be no problem. Not certain of the fit lengthwise though. I used Kanger auto's in mine.

Wish I could be of more help, that is quite odd. How old were the batteries?

Edit: You said a couple of years?

Last edited:

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Something else I remember about the PCC and I won't promise it's true, but you can only charge 1 battery at a time unless you plug it in to a usb power source then you can charge 2 at a time. You might try just charging 1 battery at a time when you are out and 2 batteries when plugged in.

Well, the XL PCC can charge two batteries at a time, mine didn't have to be plugged in to do so. So I don't know if your charger was near the end of its life cycle.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
Forget to check emails for a couple days and totally miss updates on all the helpful posts, thank you so much guys.

Yes, the batteries are a couple years old from v4l back before they revamped their site (it used to look like the vaporkings site if anyone is familiar) and while they still work well overall but since working with them more I've noticed they can be a little fickle holding or being charged even with the old v4l charger I have, so I've come to the conclusion it's probably a battery issue rather than the PCC which is a relief so when I finally retire these batteries hopefully i can actually use it as a pcc rather than a glorified carrying case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread