Having major withdraw

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
It may be hard, but you are definitely getting there. When you get through these days, you will feel so much better.

Do various things in order to relax, lay down more, avoid stress as much as possible.. I found those things helped me get through the worst of it a little better. Listen to nice calming music and stuff. I avoided even the stress of the news for about a week.. just stuck with happy stuff, and looked at the money saved daily and then weekly as my future hope and promise.

I actually kept an account where the money I normally spent on cigarettes would go, and I took my vaping funds out of that, and let what I wasn't spending build up and spent it on things I wanted.. that was my financial incentive which kept me positive in that way.

I also looked forward to breathing again, and the health benefits. I visualize because it helps me, but I just visualized the withdrawals as being poisons leaving my body, and my body adjusting to that change. I visualized it as proof my body was healing, and turned it mentally into a positive.. that was helpful for me as well... on top of that, it's true. You are going through this because of all the poisons in cigarettes leaving your body, and this is your body healing..

Your doing fine, keep calm, and vape on! If I can get through it, so can you. I have faith in you. :)

PS. The way cigarettes are beginning to taste, how harsh they are.. this is what they taste like to a non smoker, and that is what your becoming.. your becoming a non smoker. Be proud of that.
Thanks for the support..l would never thought l could go this long without cigs..and yes l am thinking of all the benefits. Noticed my feet r normally colour now, and l can taste food better, but last night l didn't smoke and only got 2 hrs sleep

Reactions: Opinionated

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I am drinking lots of water all the time- but will drink more drinks with electrolytes good suggestion. I think what happened was l was chain smoking the higher nic level for 5 mins straight.
I wouldn't drink drinks with 'electrolytes' like Gatorade unless you are/have been actually sweating..............I ended up in the ER once from Gatorade overdosing after hurricane ike.. I didn't trust any water and trying to stay hydrated I drank Gatorade.......turns out all I needed was plenty of water ONLY. the ER doctors were just about to send me out for cancer tests,,, all of my stats were off the charts. I panicked and ran out of the hospital and decided if I am gonna die,,,its going to be on my terms not as a lab rat for a cancer company. after a few days I went to a dif doctor,,,,,,,,,he was mad as hecLL ,,,,,,,,,he reviewed all my test work and told me to drink water heavily........and come back in a week. that next week all of my stats were near normal. -- he became our family doc.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks for the support..l would never thought l could go this long without cigs..and yes l am thinking of all the benefits. Noticed my feet r normally colour now, and l can taste food better, but last night l didn't smoke and only got 2 hrs sleep

The sleeping less thing will go away, your brain will start producing more of the chemicals that help you sleep, it just hasn't had to produce as much because of smoking so it takes a bit for some of these natural functions to kick into gear the way they should.

You also may get what is coined as "quitters flu" but that will go away also. You just won't feel so great for a short while. Not everyone who vapes to get off the smokes gets it, but some do.

All these things just take a little time, it's just your body going through adjustments and normalizing itself without cigarettes.

But do knock your nic level back down to where it was before you started having problems, and just mentally prepare for some of the symptoms of withdrawal. If you need anyone to talk you through it and give you moral support, everyone on the site here is happy to talk to you and be a shoulder, if nothing else. Plus we have the added benefit of being able to tell you what helped us, individually, as everyone is different.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC Okie

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I've got a big toe that lets me know if I've drank enough water, its called gout and I get a small pain in the toe when I haven't drank enough, and it's got to be water, juices etc just don't cut it. I was always someone who drank very little and even less water but as you get older it gets tougher to abuse your body without it abusing you back. Good luck with the quitting of cigs, you are about a month or two ahead of me in that.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello my name is Christine, l am glad l found this forum. I am 2weeks in with vaping- I stick Pico with Nautilus X, currently at 12 mg of Nicotine. I am having major withdraw, down to one cigarette a day. Sweating is terrible, going to bathroom, and feeling out of it all the time. Is this normal? I am going to try 16mg of Nicotine, find 12mg not satisfying. I was smoking a pack of John players a day
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
The sleeping less thing will go away, your brain will start producing more of the chemicals that help you sleep, it just hasn't had to produce as much because of smoking so it takes a bit for some of these natural functions to kick into gear the way they should.

You also may get what is coined as "quitters flu" but that will go away also. You just won't feel so great for a short while. Not everyone who vapes to get off the smokes gets it, but some do.

All these things just take a little time, it's just your body going through adjustments and normalizing itself without cigarettes.

But do knock your nic level back down to where it was before you started having problems, and just mentally prepare for some of the symptoms of withdrawal. If you need anyone to talk you through it and give you moral support, everyone on the site here is happy to talk to you and be a shoulder, if nothing else. Plus we have the added benefit of being able to tell you what helped us, individually, as everyone is different.
I am so thankful for the support...funny you mention about smokers flue, l thought l was sick last week, now l know it was withdraw. I am going to order the lower strength to day

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Hello and Welcome to the forums @Christine Tomlinson !!!! Glad to have you here with us.
Omg get that looked at, it could be broken. Take care of your self...l would be crying like a baby, redheads have a low threshold. I am learning to take it slow, l also turned down the wattage. Next time l order it will be 12mg not 16mg. If l find it still too strong going to look into getting 0 Nicotine, to lower it, if l can even do that
Yes you can lower the nic by diluting it with a lower concentration. Example if you take half of 12mg and mix it with the other half of 0mg 50/50 ratio, you will end up with a 6 mg for the final mix. If you use 3/4 of 12mg with 1/4 of 0mg you will get 9mg. and so on.
Yeah it's hard, but l am down too one cig in morning.. morning seems to be the hardest for me

The morning smoke for me was the hardest to stop. I used both smoking and vaping together for 3 and a half months before I could vape exclusively (smoked 28 years 1-2 packs a day). When I was down to the morning smoke, I would wait longer each day to have that first smoke. During the weekend at home was the easiest as there was no stress and I could have a smoke when I wanted to. During the work week, I needed to have it before starting work. So each time I waited longer and longer before that first smoke that I got to the point where I was reversing it to have my first smoke at lunch. Then I did that to the point where my first smoke was after work which of course made it easier to keep pushing it further away. Having switched my timing of my only smoke a day made it easier to quit as it was done on my terms with less stress being I could have it when I wanted to instead of having to have it before work. You are doing an Excellent Job at it now so keep it up!!! You will get there soon enough. As you can tell, there are plenty of great people here willing to help out when ever we can. Any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Happy Vaping!!!! :toast::vapor:

Reactions: janiegrl

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
Hello and Welcome to the forums @Christine Tomlinson !!!! Glad to have you here with us.

Yes you can lower the nic by diluting it with a lower concentration. Example if you take half of 12mg and mix it with the other half of 0mg 50/50 ratio, you will end up with a 6 mg for the final mix. If you use 3/4 of 12mg with 1/4 of 0mg you will get 9mg. and so on.

The morning smoke for me was the hardest to stop. I used both smoking and vaping together for 3 and a half months before I could vape exclusively. When I was down to the morning smoke, I would wait longer each day to have that first smoke. During the weekend at home was the easiest as there was no stress and I could have a smoke when I wanted to. During the work week, I needed to have it before starting work. So each time I waited longer and longer before that first smoke that I got to the point where I was reversing it to have my first smoke at lunch. Then I did that to the point where my first smoke was after work which of course made it easier to keep pushing it further away. Having switched my timing of my only smoke a day made it easier to quit as it was done on my terms with less stress being I could have it when I wanted to instead of having to have it before work. You are doing an Excellent Job at it now so keep it up!!! You will get there soon enough. As you can tell, there are plenty of great people here willing to help out when ever we can. Any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Happy Vaping!!!! :toast::vapor:
Wow l am over whelmed with all the support! I will dilute the 18mg, thanks for the info and advice. Will try Tom going longer for my morning smoke

Reactions: Ablonz

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I would also make a suggestion of Unflavored ejuice. I myself never liked flavored ejuice until I actually quit smoking fully. Once I quit smoking, I then could taste the juice how it was meant to be. It was sort of like brushing your teeth and then drinking a glass of OJ to me. Just a thought as taste is subjective.

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
I would also make a suggestion of Unflavored ejuice. I myself never liked flavored ejuice until I actually quit smoking fully. Once I quit smoking, I then could taste the juice how it was meant to be. It was sort of like brushing your teeth and then drinking a glass of OJ to me. Just a thought as taste is subjective.
That's interesting..l am learning so much from everyone

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
If you can avoid the morning cig, the after eating cig and the after sex cig, you'll have it made. ;)
Omg bahaha,
Seriously, good luck Christine. You are wanting to quit seriously enough that it will happen. :thumbs:
haha ha....l seriously can't stop laughing...so funny. But Tom l am going to wait longer to have that cig

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Cigarettes taste *filthy* to me these days - I started vaping around 3 years or so ago, and only dual-fueled for about a week (2-3 rollups/day - mornings, after food etc) then stopped smoking entirely.

I wasn't even really *trying* to give up - it was my partner, who doesn't and never has, smoked - who bought me a starter kit (cigalike) with a Groupon voucher because she didn't like the stale smoke smell on me, and was fed up with me disappearing outside to smoke all the time.

Then, after getting along with the cigalike, even though it was a bit weak and didn't last long, she got me a more 'advanced' starter kit (a basic eGo battery and a CE4-type IIRC) for the same price, and that was what started me geeking out in the vaping world.

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
Cigarettes taste *filthy* to me these days - I started vaping around 3 years or so ago, and only dual-fueled for about a week (2-3 rollups/day - mornings, after food etc) then stopped smoking entirely.

I wasn't even really *trying* to give up - it was my partner, who doesn't and never has, smoked - who bought me a starter kit (cigalike) with a Groupon voucher because she didn't like the stale smoke smell on me, and was fed up with me disappearing outside to smoke all the time.

Then, after getting along with the cigalike, even though it was a bit weak and didn't last long, she got me a more 'advanced' starter kit (a basic eGo battery and a CE4-type IIRC) for the same price, and that was what started me geeking out in the vaping world.
Congrats...funny l find l can barely smoke a cigarette anymore, just hurts my throat too much

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Thanks. I must say that very occasionally, the smell from a freshly-lit cigarette will reach my nose and smell quite enticing, but actually *smoking* one tastes *awful* - I mean *really* bad.

Trying to remember back to first trying smoking in childhood - this must have been what my first smokes tasted like, and I must've *really* persevered with it to make it into the habit I had!

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
haha ha....l seriously can't stop laughing...so funny.

Humor is good for the soul.

When I started vaping about 7 years ago, thanks to me finding this forum, I went from a bit over a pack to 4 cigs a day, one after each meal and 1 before bed time. When I refused to go get more cigs and didn't have any around, I had no choice but to just keep vaping. If cigarettes were easily accessible, I was too weak to resist. Now I can't even stand the smell of them and realize now what other non smokers experience when they're near smokers.

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
Thanks. I must say that very occasionally, the smell from a freshly-lit cigarette will reach my nose and smell quite enticing, but actually *smoking* one tastes *awful* - I mean *really* bad.

Trying to remember back to first trying smoking in childhood - this must have been what my first smokes tasted like, and I must've *really* persevered with it to make it into the habit I had!
Totally agree..it does remind me when l first smoked. I am just so happy l found this forum, unbelievable support and wisdom.l know realize l did get sick to my stomach from the 18mg of Nicotine.12mg is my sweet spot right now.
.Such a relief, feel less stressed, after getting support and the right advice

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
Humor is good for the soul.

When I started vaping about 7 years ago, thanks to me finding this forum, I went from a bit over a pack to 4 cigs a day, one after each meal and 1 before bed time. When I refused to go get more cigs and didn't have any around, I had no choice but to just keep vaping. If cigarettes were easily accessible, I was too weak to resist. Now I can't even stand the smell of them and realize now what other non smokers experience when they're near smokers.
Funny you say that, when l was going into work this morning, l could smell smoke more than l could when l did smoke and l understand how non smokers feel now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread