Having small animals and vaping. (Bunny)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohanB

Jun 8, 2016
I recently started vaping and i'm afraid to handle my bunny now that im vaping. I got a Kangertech subvoid and it has been leaking through the ventilation holes and i've gotten some (small amounts) on my hands that i ofcourse wash away with water or wipe off with a napkin.

Ofc i dont smoke near him even if people say its safe to vape around animals, out of respect for him, its still "smoke" and he's got a alot more sensitive smell then we humans do.

Anyone knows if i have to worry as much as i do? Seriously the past weeks ive been vaping i've handled him a lot less than before, im thinking maybe i wont be able to vape as long as he's around because of the risk that he might ingest some of the juice if an accident ever happens even though im an extremely careful person.

It's not the spilling im afraid of cause i dont spill on surfaces/floors etc because im not clumpsy but what im afraid of is that if i get some juice on my skin, might miss it when i wash hands, go out to pet him or lift him up, some of the juice gets on his fur, he licks it off at some point or it gets on his skin, it might be fatal to him.

Right now im smoking 6mg juice but i want to go higher cause right now i have to chew nicotine gum as well as vape because 6mg dont feel like enough nicotine but im afraid to up the dosage because im thinking the higher dosage in the juice the more danger it poses to my bunny.

What you guys think?

Found a reddit post:

Vaping and Rabbits • /r/electronic_cigarette

(Having trouble linking it, just google "rabbit vaping reddit")

The post doesn't really cover accidental exposes to e-juice on the rabbit/bunny though.

Last edited:

Chuck64

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2015
NV. USA
I have a two year old Chihuahua who is a lap dog. I still occasionally smoke cigarettes and if I come inside afterward and he hops in my lap he'll snort and cough from the residual smoke, but I can vape all day with him in my lap and he doesn't mind one bit. I don't touch him with my hands till I've washed them after vaping and especially after mixing.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The small amounts you may have on your hands will not adversely affect your pets. Now , if you spill a glob on your hands and don't rinse, that's another matter.

As long as your pet doesn't react to the vapor, vaping near them isn't much of a problem either, although cats are sensitive to pg.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I think it is good to be cautious around our small pets with eliquid. I have a tiny dog and I am just mindful of good hand washing practices after I handle any eliquid before I pet or hold him.
I think if you need to increase your nic to 12mg/ml to better help yourself you should and just take the good care you are now when it comes to handling your eliquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread