Having troubles with my Flavour Art flavors' mixing percentages

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Vappa, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vappa

Vappa Super Member ECF Veteran

Hi there,
    For some reason i keep on having trouble getting to the right flavor percentage to use for these flavors:
    Flavour Art Mandarin
    Flavour Art Orange
    Flavour Art Pine Apple
    I use 70/30/11 PG/VG/nic, EGO VV with A-type tank for testing. I usually mix batches of 2ml for testing.

For the Mandarin i started with 5%, which tasted quite good, but not full enough. So i went to 10%. But this was waayyy too much. The taste was just muted and at 4+Volts it tasted burned. Then i went back to 8%. Same result: hardly any taste and burned. Back to 7%: same result.
    With Orange i had a similar experience. The Pine Apple is good on 8% but it does not taste as full as i expected it to be.

My question is: has anyone tried these three flavors? If yes, at what percentage do you use them? And does it give you a full taste?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. pinellaspete

pinellaspete Super Member ECF Veteran

Are you letting the juice steep for a period of time?

What else are you using in your recipe?

3. Vappa

I let them steep somewhere between 1 day and 1 week. I am testing single flavors right now, so there are no other flavors used, just the single Mandarin, Orange and Pine Apple, all three single batches.

My experience with single flavors is that they normally don't need a long steeping time. Other single favors I've tested are already good after 1 day of steeping. Only these three are drivin' me crazy :)

Thanks for asking.

4. cricque

cricque Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Add some champagne (flavor)/vinegar/malic acid/lemon juice to itThat might do the trick

5. Vappa

Oh, okay. Have some champagne from Lor Ann. So i'll try that and see what happens.
    Any idea about the amount? Are you talking about 1% or more in the range of 1-2 drops/ml?

Thanks for answering.

6. cricque

cricque Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

a couple of drops should do, if you make 5ml try first with 1 drop. I generally try stuff like that drop/drop

7. Vappa

Thanks Cricque. I made 1 ml at 6% just to try the lower percentage. Next batch (tomorrow) i will give the Champagne a try.
    Today my 510 atty came in. I prepared it so now i can drip and test the juices directly.
    When i have more results i will post it here.

8. pinellaspete

pinellaspete Super Member ECF Veteran

You need to add an acid to your juice. Try 3 drops of Concentrated Lemon Juice per 5ml for fruit flavors. You will be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Lemon juice really makes fruit flavors pop!

9. Vappa

You mean those yellow bottles with the green cap? Have to steal them from the wife's cabinet then :)

10. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I mix the FA Bergamot at 1.5% flavor. Spot on taste. I mix most FA flavors now at 1-3%

11. Vappa

Champagne didn't do the trick for me. The lemon juice made it taste a bit more pronounced but still too little and too burned. It was a good additive though.

I think i'll start over with these three in a few weeks, i have enough other flavors to test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.