HCigar Caravela Clone Mech Mod- Kinda Janky Work Horse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheddy Vapes

Jul 20, 2015
Chepstow, SE Wales
So hey there vapesta's,

I know a lot of people are against clones and for some part I definitely agree but here goes anyhows.

Back yet again with another review and this one is of a device i have had since i pretty much started vaping about two years ago. It was my second mod and my first mech. It's been abused like mad, thrown in my tool box and overalls. left in my car for months on end and even left in a rucksack in my wardrobe for a few months when i thought i had left it in another country.

Finish: 3/10
It comes in either a stainless/brass finish or an inverted version of this in the brass/stainless finish.
I went for the Stainless/Brass finish and really liked the look of it out of the box and the two metals contrasted really well. Brass is known to patina/age over time and this didn't so much do that, it more just kind of rubbed off leaving me with an almost completely all stainless mod. However the colours do still slightly contrast. This fading all happened in a matter of a few days so I wasn't overly happy with that.

Size: 7/10
The Caravela clone can accompany three battery options, 18650, 18500 and an 18350. It is a nice size for an early tube style mech mod and comes in with a length of 90mm in 18650 mode, 75mm in 18500 and 60mm in 18350. In relation to a 18650 when in 18650 mode its about 1 and 1/3 of the battery in length. meaning that the top cap and switch are fairly long but not excessively like a lot of other early mech mods. The diameter of it comes in a 22mm according to the dimensions on their website but my TOBH clone, which is 22.7mm fits super flush with absolutely no overhang and my Atlantis V2, 22.5mm, has a 1mm overhand the hole way around.

Switch: 7/10
Straight out of the box I really like the switch on this thing. I have a few gripes with it but over all I like its functionality. The reverse threaded locking ring works real well, and the spring is light but can hold the weight of the mod with a full Atlantis V2 on it. You can adjust the throw however i prefer a nice short throw on my switches. The locking ring doesn't unscrew or lock or unlock while in my pocket or bag and feels really secure. My two issues with the H Cigar switch is that the spring feels really cheap and could do with being a fair bit stronger, but it felt really nice for a first mech mod. I have also had the crunchy switch issue recently but thats after nearly two years of abuse so I guess that is to be expected.

Threads: 10/10
The threads on this thing were the first stand out thing on the Caravela Clone for me. I hate to use the term buttery smooth but my god they are and still are to date. They feel really friggen sturdy and are almost impossible to cross thread, well as impossible as any thread can get.

510 Connection/Top Cap: Come on just read I really can't give it a rating.
Right so I'm going to rant for a bit now as i really can't stand the 510 on this thing. It's crap, like the aftermath of a ....ty curry the morning after. The top cap it's self is pretty slim but damn the 510 pin is hung like a donkey. So long that I have had to make 4 of them to just fit my tanks and get rid of battery rattle. I thought my TOBH Atty would look "sick as tit's" on it, but, it had a 5mm gap underneath it. I know the 510 pin on the Atty is super long but WTF is this! So I filed it down until it barely came out of the delrin insulator and chucked the shortest flat top 18650 battery I had and it worked great but straight out of the box? No, "give me some ugg boots and and a frappacino, because I can't even" as Grimm said.

Hit: 6/10
So it has a fairly average hit to it, it's not hard hitting but it isn't completely with out a hit. At current time I am running a Dual Staggered Fused Clapton in my Velocity coming in at 0.17 ohms and with a fully charged genuine Sony VTC4 battery it hits really nicely, But like I mentioned, It's really nothing super impressive. Just nice, okay.

Durability: 10/10
So it's a solid tube mech mod, is there anything more to say? I mentioned above a little of the abuse it's had and while it has been abused a lot it has been cleaned almost fortnightly and sometimes even weekly and if you look after to some extent it will last for, well ever.

Overall: 43/70
So all in all for a £20 mod you can't really go wrong, sure it's not the original. And sure it didn't score greatly on a fair few of the categories but you pay for what you get right. If you want to get a decent first mech mod, or a complete workhorse that won't give up on you for a long time, look no further. I really get on well with this mod and rock it quite a lot when I'm going on a night out or in work or just whenever i want a fuss free Vape.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread