The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hcigar VT Inbox vs Voopoo Drag and Kangertech Dripbox/Eleaf Pico Squeeze

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by Frin, Jul 24, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Frin

Frin Full Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Well, first of, hi everyone!

Second, for the lazy folks:

TL;DR: OP cant get both op TC devices cuz of money, Choices: VT Inbox or Voopoo Drag and Pico Squeeze OR Voopoo Drag and Dripbox

Now, for the less lazy, or bored folks:

Im in the market of trying out squonking, I have the Hadaly and the Goon RDA's and since they come with squonking pins, and I do love my RDA's, I want to try it out. Now the problem is, as always, money. Thats where you, my newfound friends, come in. My budget doesnt allow me to get both a regulated squonker and, what I wanted to get for some time, a good TC mod (DNA and the likes)

The VT Inbox is a regulated squonker with a DNA75 chip in it, but Im afraid that the magnets might be as bad as people make them out to, but it has what I need, DNA for TC and its a squonker. The problem is though, for my Goon (0.18Ohm) I need 80W ish to vape on the coils I have in it, as in, since the Inbox is a single battery mod, it wont last me the whole day like my dual ones do. And there is the fear of me not liking squonking too... Price: $75 to $85

Or should I get the following?

The Voopoo Drag has a DNA ish chip in it (Gene I think), but its not a squonker! Buuut its a dual battery mod which means it would pull through the whole day more likely than not. And, its magnets seem to be good? Price: ~$45

Kangertech Dripbox/Eleaf Pico Squeeze, just the cheapest semi regulated (hope thats the word for it, yup Im aware that they are mech mods) squonkers. As in, entry level ones, but they are cheap (Price: $18-$30). But, I dont know if I will experience voltage drops on either of them, and I dont know which one of the 2 is better. Also, their pins arent adjustable... No clue if my Hadaly or Goon would fit it!

And, I have no damn clue on what to get!!!
    Be nice, Help OP!

Have a nice one, and thanks!
    P.S. Some might've seen this on ................., just collecting opinions

2. hazozita

hazozita Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    It’s a hard one to answer since a key variable – will you like squonking – is an unknown. If you do like squonking, the VTInbox is a solid choice. Great setup and while a single battery will not give you a lot of life at higher wattages, the DNA board is a solid performer.

The Drag is also a decent choice. While it does not perform as well as a DNA in TC mode, it performs pretty well and has nice build quality. A good value for the price.

Rather than the Pico or the Dripbox, how about the Wraith? It’s available for $30 and a far more capable setup for squonking than either of those. I think the combo of the Drag and the Wraith will give you the most bang for the buck. Link for the Wraith is:

Council of Vapor Wraith 80w Squonker Box Mod

3. Frin

Frin Full Member

Jul 23, 2017
    well l would be ordering from fasttech. They dont have the Wraith in stock (discontinued or sold out)(since they are from the rare ones that ship to my country (Bosnia) and the rest dont or want outrageous money for it). Yeah, l know its a hard one, and yeah thats the question for me too, my AL85 seems to be giving out, my pd270 is chunky af in my pocket. I know the DNA is better for TC, but l would do TC only on SS since my mom's side of the family is allergic AF to nickel, dont wanna see if l am too lol.
    I like TC for when lm working, squonking would be at home. Since l can just chain vape during cig breaks on work and not worry about dry hits much.

By the way, how much less does TC consume of the battery if at all?

4. Frin

Frin Full Member

Jul 23, 2017
    as you can see:
    upload_2017-7-24_18-43-25.png
    totaling at
    upload_2017-7-24_18-43-39.png
    just plain expensive, thats ~$2 less than l would pay for the VT inbox from Fasttech

5. jcoopercam

jcoopercam Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
  6. Frin

Frin Full Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Glad to hear xD
    But, does anyone have experience with the Voopoo? (I dont trust reviewers much, aside from basic things)

7. Oldschoolib

Oldschoolib Full Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Stoke
    I went for the DNA inbox , great mod just not for me so got the kanger drip box 160 in copper

8. Frin

Frin Full Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Why did you go for the Dripbox 160?

9. Oldschoolib

Oldschoolib Full Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Stoke
    Big solid beast , does what it should ,and it is shinny copper ! And I'm a sucker for shinny things...
    Iv got pretty big hands and the inbox just didn't sit right for me and the side panel popped off a few times squonking

• Like Like x 1
  10. Frin

Frin Full Member

Jul 23, 2017
    My hands are quite big too :/
    But l do like the look of the Inbox/Voopoop :/
    And the Dripbox 160 is a not very pocket friendly, thats why l didnt even consider it

11. scooterstew71

scooterstew71 Full Member

Apr 5, 2016
    I own the dripbox 160,dripbox, squeeze,inbox... I would go for the squeeze and the voopoo drag...
    Dripbox 160 is too big
    Original dripbox won't last
    Vtinbox nice but you don't know if you like squonking yett
    Squeeze is solid, tiny, well made and a good intro to squonking....

Good luck...

12. Frin

Frin Full Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Thx for the input :)

13. Ben85

Ben85 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    Why oh why would you call a mod a "voopoo"?

• Like Like x 1