HCigar VT Inbox (VTinbox) - evolv VT75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I set wattage to 37watts,tempature to 510 Fahrenheit,and used #26 gauge wound to 0.2ohms.
    I used 9 turns of #26 on each coil or used coil steam calculator.
    The ramp or preheat is real close to 37watts also but I'd have to look at the evolve or escribe software.
    The preheat or rampup seemed to be the key for me.Watch the graph when vaping and make sure cotton stays wet with juice.
    Also titanium is soft so I had to tighten up set screws several times after burning in coils.
    The ramp up will go up right above wattage settings for a fraction of a second then stay under the wattage settings line.
    Each flavor of juice needs it's on temperature so I might have to decrease or increase temperature after changing juices.
    I had issues in the beginning,melting titanium coils in half,setting ramp up,and screws needed retightning quite a few times as coils broke in.
    Break in fresh coils or pulse them at very low wattages,you can use kanthal mode to pulse coils.
    I started pulsing at 8watts and slowly went up and coils don't need to glow but will turn to a whitish color.
    You can't really turn up wattage until coils are fully wet with juice or they'll melt.
    Also the temperature will need to be adjusted constantly for max flavor.
    Here's my evolve settings,
    Power 37watts
    Preheat to 40watts,preheat punch ~60%,and time 1second and tempature on 520 on evolve.
    I use the device monitor and you can see the graph of all in real time.The graph makes it much easier to get preheat set.

gorman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2011
    Milan, Italy
    I started pulsing at 8watts and slowly went up and coils don't need to glow but will turn to a whitish color.
    Hmmm... whitish color with Titanium means it's oxidising. That's something you't want to avoid. All other colors are fine, white is not. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are writing.

Thanks for the build info.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    If you go on YouTube,Thevaping,he uses escribe to tweak settings and uses real time graph.
    Name of video is
    Tweaking temp control settings in escribe.
    He uses a different metal but it's the same process.
    Escribe is a great tool to set up parameters and I don't think ramp up can be set without it.
    I couldn't find any screen on DNA mod to set ramp up wattage.Im assuming it can only be set using escribe.

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    Anyone for the silicon tube cleaning/substituting? I've searched on YouTube but I haven't found any disassembly instructional. Is there any around?
    I tried replacing mine with what I think was an old stainless steel tube from a reo, but it didn't work so well, the tube is a weird size and so is the bottle and the opening on the bottle, so ofc. you can't just swap in any other bottle like you can on the therion. this is my gf's mod now but I went back to that before I gave it to her. It's all hard and discolored looking now.

To get that tube out though you'll need to take it completely apart & remove it from the metal assembly that it's glued to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    New York
    It pulls out. Not glued but, sandwiched between nipple and body a bit. Used a small flathead to pry it down. Forget what size the tubing is. Had to replace mine out of the box. Was cut way too short. Listed it way back in thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    Mine had some kind of adhesive holding it on, I tried pulling real hard but ended up having to take it completely apart. There's also no way I could of got it back on without having it apart too.

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    idk why they don't just do a dna75c, it's be the very first dna75c squanker, everyone would buy one... perhaps even one which you can put different bottles in if you want, But instead they just keep making the old one and just paint it different colors.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    idk why they don't just do a dna75c, it's be the very first dna75c squanker, everyone would buy one... perhaps even one which you can put different bottles in if you want, But instead they just keep making the old one and just paint it different colors.

Maybe price point? :?:

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    Mound - Minnesota, USA

It will not be the first - looks like Boxer has one coming out - Check out page 8 of this thread -
    Boxer Clone

brittianm has a pic up, I don't know where he got it/found it. Looks to be a 20700 or 21700 mod

SteelDriver

ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    It will not be the first - looks like Boxer has one coming out - Check out page 8 of this thread -
    Boxer Clone

brittianm has a pic up, I don't know where he got it/found it. Looks to be a 20700 or 21700 mod
    Either battery and its off their fb page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    And now I have to decide if I want this or the classic mech. Cause I have to have have have lol.

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    Yeah, I'm not super into ginger vapers stuff, I find them to be waaaay overpriced for a 3d printed piece of nylon, and it's only just recently that he's started to bring the prices down. It was different back in the day bc the only way to get a decent vape was overpriced authentics, but now that China has mostly caught up, I'm good with 80-100 mods made cheaply out of zinc alloy.

gorman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2011
    Milan, Italy
    It pulls out. Not glued but, sandwiched between nipple and body a bit. Used a small flathead to pry it down. Forget what size the tubing is. Had to replace mine out of the box. Was cut way too short. Listed it way back in thread.
    I'll try to search for your post. A needle in a haystack, I fear.

raineysky

Jun 24, 2017
    DeRidder Louisiana
    We live on a lake here in SW Louisiana. I got my Black Inbox in the mailbox the day before we flooded. That thing has been a Godsend because of the great battery life. It has paid for itself already. We are surrounded by water but the house is 8' above ground. Vapin' and lookin' :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread