Hcigar VT250S

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
I just got one of these. In anticipation, I partitioned my Mac to run Escribe natively. Device failed to power up when I put batteries in, and the 2-battery door won't come off.
So far, I'm less than impressed with HCigar.

Sounds ....ty, had mine a couple weeks now and no problems, use the guarantee, which color did you choose btw?

Reactions: EatMaBB

EatMaBB

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2015
Lochgelly, Fife
www.eatmabb.com
I just got one of these. In anticipation, I partitioned my Mac to run Escribe natively. Device failed to power up when I put batteries in, and the 2-battery door won't come off.
So far, I'm less than impressed with HCigar.
Do as @MadTemp said and contact the company you got it from.
Do you have another mod with a DNA in it to make sure it isn't escibe that has made it not power up?

Papertigress

Oct 14, 2015
Cloudifornia
I'm so relieved! Ecig City got back to me today and diffused a lot of my anxiety. They'll look at it if I send it back in its original box. IDC too much about the shipping back; I still woulda bit on that sale for $10 more.
More concerning and ironically enough, in its current configuration the device doesn't actually fit inside its original box. The 2batt door thats stuck on it was stored in an under-fold of cardboard inside the box. The 3batt door comes installed, and the device-body insert is cut to accommodate. The only way it could fit now is if I set the mod in the hole and lay the 3batt door against the display face, edges down– and force the lid down on it all.
I try not to go outta my way to commit stupid so I'll see what their shipping suggestions are.

Papertigress

Oct 14, 2015
Cloudifornia
Do as @MadTemp said and contact the company you got it from.
Do you have another mod with a DNA in it to make sure it isn't escibe that has made it not power up?
I did follow his advice, indirectly :D I emailed them long before I came here looking for a fix or info on a known issue. I wish I had another "test subject" DNA mod, but I don't. This is my first experience; that's why I'm so surprised & chagrined about the whole thing.

Kinesthesia

Jul 7, 2017
I ordered the Black VT250s from E-cig City and I'm loving it so far. Highly functional temperature control makes vaping infinitely more enjoyable. I like being able to switch between 2 batteries to make it more pocketable and 3 batteries for the weekends. I can see how some people might not like having to connect to a computer to switch battery configurations (or change other settings) but it's a non-issue for me.

Papertigress

Oct 14, 2015
Cloudifornia
I have to report back & say Ecig-City customer service was AMAZING, and this mod is incredible! I'm not a !!!! kinda person but this post is full of the little darlings - like this one:
WOW!!
The VT250s is gorgeous!. Mine's in black, which has a silver/metallic flake to it. I can actually feel the difference between the layered auto paint on it, versus the rattle-can treatment you get on most mods. The operations buttons have great haptics, but the 2-battery door latch is a beast. I'm just not willing to pry on it with TOOLS, so I run it with 3. Same as my RX200s; problem solved. My silicone RX200s protector actually fits the VT250s (with minor, minor gaps - the VT250s has a bit narrower face) but it's more than tight enough to grab & grip confidently in the hand, and operate the buttons when in use. Infinitely better than having rub-off around the base.​
...AND THEN!!
I thought DNA tech was some marketing bull... I couldn't have been more wrong. After a couple days with Escribe, I realize that for years I was just guessing! (mind you, it only actually took 20mins to dial up a near-perfect vape, but then there's customizations!) I won't say I'll never own another non-DNA mod; life abhors ultimatums... but if at any time I don't have one, I'll be shopping.​
FINALLY!!
Between the mod & the virtually leak-proof Aromamizer Supreme (dual SS316L Claptons, 5wrap .2 @345 degrees@120w, 1s preheat@ 175w {Meanwhile, pre-DNA I didn't even KNOW those were the numbers I needed to dial to get the vape that hits how I've always wanted}), I feel like I have a combo that'll last me until something breaks. I've lost two mods to leakinass TF-toppers; the airflow increase isn't worth the constant worrying,watching & wiping and the flavor here is twice as good. There's no "yea, but if it was/could.." left to shop for, or buy - I am SO set right now!

Kinesthesia

Jul 7, 2017
I should update my original post. I was thrilled by my VT250s (and the quick shipping from E-Cig City) for about a week. It was quite a step up from my Smok AL85 and I love escribe and all the customizations. I quickly realized that it was not adept at switching tanks and required quite a bit of time and fiddling with the temperature settings with a tank change. Within a week, I simply stuck with my Crown 3 and was reasonably content.

I wasn't really conscious of it at first but it seemed to require almost constant temperature adjustment, not significant changes, around plus or minus 10 degrees. I tried different tanks, different coils but it drifted so much that I thought it was simply a fact of life.

Sadly, a few days ago I plugged the mod into a usb charger and a short while later I noticed that the charging amps were zero (I configured the screen to show charging voltage and amperage when plugged in). I unplugged it and it would not fire. I changed batteries, I switched between two and three battery modes, rebooted the device with escribe, all to no avail. It is dead. Escribe can see the device and while plugged in to the computer, I can change settings, etc. But it will not fire and as soon as it's unplugged, it is a paperweight.

Luckily, a friend loaned me an SX Mini ML Class to hold me over while I acquire another mod. Using the same tank, coil, juice, etc, the SX is so completely consistent that it now makes me see how much I was constantly fiddling with the DNA. The SX fires identically every time, it took me a while to tweak it to my taste but now I never touch the settings.

I emailed E-Cig City but I realize I am passed the 14 day period, so I don't expect much of a response.

Hopefully for everyone else's sake I simply got a bad unit. It's reasonable to assume that anyone buying one would never share my experience.

Spmex7

Jun 11, 2017
I also purchased one from Ecig City, also this is my first DNA board. After owning it for about 2 weeks I enjoyed it so much I purchased a second one in yellow. I can attest I will probably never go back to any other board. Personally, I can literally feel the difference in the vape compared to anything not a DNA. The mod itself is definitely unique and has a tight comfortable grip, I highly recommend the VT250s.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
@Kinesthesia Sorry to hear that you have gotten a bad one. Have you tried speaking to Evolv about the board as they have a 90 day warranty on there boards.

I should update my original post. I was thrilled by my VT250s (and the quick shipping from E-Cig City) for about a week. It was quite a step up from my Smok AL85 and I love escribe and all the customizations. I quickly realized that it was not adept at switching tanks and required quite a bit of time and fiddling with the temperature settings with a tank change. Within a week, I simply stuck with my Crown 3 and was reasonably content.

I wasn't really conscious of it at first but it seemed to require almost constant temperature adjustment, not significant changes, around plus or minus 10 degrees. I tried different tanks, different coils but it drifted so much that I thought it was simply a fact of life.

Sadly, a few days ago I plugged the mod into a usb charger and a short while later I noticed that the charging amps were zero (I configured the screen to show charging voltage and amperage when plugged in). I unplugged it and it would not fire. I changed batteries, I switched between two and three battery modes, rebooted the device with escribe, all to no avail. It is dead. Escribe can see the device and while plugged in to the computer, I can change settings, etc. But it will not fire and as soon as it's unplugged, it is a paperweight.

Luckily, a friend loaned me an SX Mini ML Class to hold me over while I acquire another mod. Using the same tank, coil, juice, etc, the SX is so completely consistent that it now makes me see how much I was constantly fiddling with the DNA. The SX fires identically every time, it took me a while to tweak it to my taste but now I never touch the settings.

I emailed E-Cig City but I realize I am passed the 14 day period, so I don't expect much of a response.

Hopefully for everyone else's sake I simply got a bad unit. It's reasonable to assume that anyone buying one would never share my experience.

Contact Evolv through the RMA here: EVOLV - Home
They have the best customer service you will find. They will have you send the mod to them and they will repair/replace the board. I and many others have done this. They care about their customers and also want to know about issues with their product, be it production or assembly problems.
It sounds as if the board has a blown fuse from what you describe. Check out the Evolv forum lots of great info and discussion by Evolv and users of their products Evolv DNA Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread