Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Fabulous little device.

20160719094155_79189.jpg

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Received mine yesterday and it is absolutely amazing. Built very well. My only con is the battery cover....threading could be better. But the size is perfect, fits a 24mm atty and the finish feels fantastic. My black Goon is seamless and a perfect match to the black finish on the Nano.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
First Nano on the forum, congrats!
We're gonna need to see a pic :banana:
Just have the trusty kayfun V3 Mini on her at work. I'll try and throw some more up tonight.
Have the black and red as well. I actually think it looks really good and I hate red mods.

Attachments

• 20160729_135050.jpg
    20160729_135050.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 502

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Is the 510 still threaded? I absolutely hate that, and I'm shocked it doesn't get brought up more.

My vt75 510 plate actually screws down inside the cup - meaning it's recessed, not flush with the rest of the frame. So my attys don't screw down all the way, to make a proper connection. A 0.40 ohm build reads 0.47 unless I screw it down REALLY tight, digging into the rest of the mod. Its like the equivalent of leaving one or two turns left undone on a regular mod.

It's like that on both of my devices. I really wish they do away with that. I find it so unnecessary.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Received mine yesterday and it is absolutely amazing. Built very well. My only con is the battery cover....threading could be better. But the size is perfect, fits a 24mm atty and the finish feels fantastic. My black Goon is seamless and a perfect match to the black finish on the Nano.

The only issue I've had with my new HCigar VT75 NANO is the horrible battery cover. Read it elsewhere and experienced it myself. The fact cover is thin, and the threads TINY. Hard to line up the cover and threads properly. At least on mine, I keep cross threading the cover no matter how careful I am. It gets stuck, and I've had to use pliers to get it back off and start again. I'm getting a 2nd battery cover sent to me in hope it's not the threads on the mod. Be careful!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Is the 510 still threaded? I absolutely hate that, and I'm shocked it doesn't get brought up more.

My vt75 510 plate actually screws down inside the cup - meaning it's recessed, not flush with the rest of the frame. So my attys don't screw down all the way, to make a proper connection. A 0.40 ohm build reads 0.47 unless I screw it down REALLY tight, digging into the rest of the mod. Its like the equivalent of leaving one or two turns left undone on a regular mod.

It's like that on both of my devices. I really wish they do away with that. I find it so unnecessary.

Another issue, is since you can keep screwing the battery cap down, you can OVER TIGHTEN, and push into the bottom of the 18650 battery. I have already created a small dent in my battery. Now I start to screw it down till I feel resistance, then I keep clicking the ON BUTTON, to see when it's making the connection. I then just tighten a little bit more, so as not to CRUSH the battery, as BAD things can happen if you do that!

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
This is probably not the mod for users that want to swap batteries but this also doesn't have Chinese electronics that will blow up or catch fire if you charge via USB. It has 1a charging so a LG HE2 or Samsung 25r will take about 2.5 hrs. My oldest DNA200 is almost a year old and has been charged via USB and works fine. My DNA40's all have been charged via USB with no issues either.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
This is probably not the mod for users that want to swap batteries but this also doesn't have Chinese electronics that will blow up or catch fire if you charge via USB. It has 1a charging so a LG HE2 or Samsung 25r will take about 2.5 hrs. My oldest DNA200 is almost a year old and has been charged via USB and works fine. My DNA40's all have been charged via USB with no issues either.

I charge via USB when I'm on the road. When home I like to be safer, and use a quality charger. I like Xtar VP2. You can choose charge rates, I use a .5 amp charge since I'm in no hurry, and it adds a bit of overall life, over a full 1-amp charge rate.

The battery cover design on this device is just plain STUPID!

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I charge via USB when I'm on the road. When home I like to be safer, and use a quality charger. I like Xtar VP2. You can choose charge rates, I use a .5 amp charge since I'm in no hurry, and it adds a bit of overall life, over a full 1-amp charge rate.

The battery cover design on this device is just plain STUPID!
I have a Nitecore D2 and Efest Luc v4 but I still charge all my mods via USB.

Caver

Jun 24, 2011
Austin, TX
I may have to try that. I sent a message to the support at MVS where I got it, explaining the problem. We'll see what they say. The binding of the battery cap is certainly not normal and I'm VERY careful about cross threading.

I hope I can get this sorted out. Other than the battery cap binding the mod is great!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Would a little anti seize make the cap threading a little better?

Did that. The problem is bigger. If you don't align the cap perfectly, then it goes in crooked. Problem is, you think it's lined up fine, so you begin to screw it in, at that point it's almost too late. Sometimes you can back it out by hand, a few times I needed pliers. This all the time trying not to let the dumb spring, pull the latch out of your fingers. I've seen mods where this type of cover is made properly. The latch is tight, but NO spring, it's not needed, you just push it back down when you are done tightening. As well as larger threads to begin with.

I'll let everyone know if a new cover is any better, though the threads on the device may be permanently messed up. I can get the cover on, but it's a needlessly tedious PROCESS!

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Did that. The problem is bigger. If you don't align the cap perfectly, then it goes in crooked. Problem is, you think it's lined up fine, so you begin to screw it in, at that point it's almost too late. Sometimes you can back it out by hand, a few times I needed pliers. This all the time trying not to let the dumb spring, pull the latch out of your fingers. I've seen mods where this type of cover is made properly. The latch is tight, but NO spring, it's not needed, you just push it back down when you are done tightening. As well as larger threads to begin with.

I'll let everyone know if a new cover is any better, though the threads on the device may be permanently messed up. I can get the cover on, but it's a needlessly tedious PROCESS!

well that sucks. I hope the 2nd cap works for you. I suppose this will help me resist getting one for now.

Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread