Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I felt compelled to document the fact that I've been changing the batteries in the infamous red one for some time now. As this process progressed, the threads got better and better. Today they're perfectly fine.

I know that's not great, since they SHOULD be like that out of the box, but I found it interesting that they get better from use, rather than worse.

That is all.

Last edited:

FreeZen

Jul 30, 2016
USA
I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I felt compelled to document the fact that I've been changing the batteries in the infamous red one for some time now. As this process progressed, the threads got better and better. Today they're perfectly fine.

I know that's not great, since they SHOULD be like that out of the box, but I found it interesting that they get better from use, rather than worse.

That is all.

I have exactly the same experience. The battery cap is not an issue anymore but the 510 connector is giving me more trouble then before. I need to clean it more often now. DNA chipset goes nuts if resistance is not stable.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have exactly the same experience. The battery cap is not an issue anymore but the 510 connector is giving me more trouble then before. I need to clean it more often now. DNA chipset goes nuts if resistance is not stable.

Kat said the same thing. Mine might be doing it, but I never look at the resistance. They both vape great - I know that much.

Reactions: Katdarling

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
My black nano was and is always easy to screw in battery cap but the red one was difficult but after a while it became a little easier .
Then i used a small brass brass and swirled it around and around the threads on device and cap and what a difference now i use it a lot and no problems screwing in cap.

Waiting for a good deal on the all silver nano please post link if one comes about.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My black nano was and is always easy to screw in battery cap but the red one was difficult but after a while it became a little easier .
Then i used a small brass brass and swirled it around and around the threads on device and cap and what a difference now i use it a lot and no problems screwing in cap.

Waiting for a good deal on the all silver nano please post link if one comes about.

Agreed. My red one is now perfect, but I've doing it daily so it must have worked in the threads. The gray one, and now an (unexpected) black one too, were both fine out of the box.

I keep expecting to stop liking this mod so much, and maybe go back to some higher end ones, but I just keep reaching and reaching for the this one. So be it! :toast:

I will warn folks that I did find a cheaper one out of Singapore. It works perfectly well but Escribe doesn't recognize it. I have to guess that it's a counterfeit, but I can't tell by the performance or vape. Idunno...:unsure:

I still use that one all the time too.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Agreed. My red one is now perfect, but I've doing it daily so it must have worked in the threads. The gray one, and now an (unexpected) black one too, were both fine out of the box.

I keep expecting to stop liking this mod so much, and maybe go back to some higher end ones, but I just keep reaching and reaching for the this one. So be it! :toast:

I will warn folks that I did find a cheaper one out of Singapore. It works perfectly well but Escribe doesn't recognize it. I have to guess that it's a counterfeit, but I can't tell by the performance or vape. Idunno...:unsure:

I still use that one all the time too.

They open up pretty easily 2 screws top and bottom if you want to check out what board is in there, had mine apart out of curiosity. I heard about dna fake boards somewhere but would not know how close they look to a real one.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
They open up pretty easily 2 screws top and bottom if you want to check out what board is in there, had mine apart out of curiosity. I heard about dna fake boards somewhere but would not know how close they look to a real one.

Thanks, but I'm fine with it. It vapes great, and that's good enough for me. Never a problem so far (knock-knock).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My most beloved charcoal VT75n took a nose dive this morning, from a height of about five feet, onto a hard (tiled) floor. My heart sunk, having read stories of bent C-frames (among other things). It got worse when I all could get it to do was read, "Check Atomizer". :blink:

As soon as time allowed, I removed the tank (Egg Roll), reset the coil, placed it back on, and it fired perfectly. Both Nano & Egg Roll are none the worse for wear.

Phwew. :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread