Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Only the red (YSNY). And yes, as DPL said, they DO break in, and kwite nicely, I may add. It's a game of time and patience. Let's see who wins.

What kind ya like, Pingy? (I know where MY money's going on this one....... ) ;)

View attachment 671977

View attachment 671979

images

images

images

View attachment 671983

1c1d09ea60e8b981833a28fbf60f9899--polish-people-the-pipe.jpg

:laugh::D

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll take the leap and order one. Do you thinking I'll need to use TC when vaping at 25 watts? I certainly need to download the manual and learn how to use TC. I can go the day using my Provari Radius so I should be able to do same with the nano.
I only use TC now. I have 316ss but prefer 430ss as it's a little more reliable in TC. My builds are usually around .5Ω and I vape at 20-25w, 440°F in TC. Battery will probably last longer because to maintain 440°F, it drops to about 8-10w after the first sec or so.

Reactions: Pinggolfer

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Forget worrying about the crappy threads, the 510 is a BIGGER problem. I had seen posts about how they wire it, and drifting ohm issues, but never paid attention to it, figured it did not pertain to mine. Sorry I don't have the time or interest to get into the details, but a search on the Evolv site shows owners with how to re-wire and fix the issues, and for me, not worth the time or effort to bother with. If you use this mod in wattage mode, it may never be an issue, if you buy one because it's a DNA board, and want accurate temp control, you may be disappointed. The ohms end up all over the place, and TC vaping will be a huge disappointment. Mine has been shelved, waste of money. If you love yours, good luck, vape on.

Reactions: JuiceJug

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Forget worrying about the crappy threads, the 510 is a BIGGER problem. I had seen posts about how they wire it, and drifting ohm issues, but never paid attention to it, figured it did not pertain to mine. Sorry I don't have the time or interest to get into the details, but a search on the Evolv site shows owners with how to re-wire and fix the issues, and for me, not worth the time or effort to bother with. If you use this mod in wattage mode, it may never be an issue, if you buy one because it's a DNA board, and want accurate temp control, you may be disappointed. The ohms end up all over the place, and TC vaping will be a huge disappointment. Mine has been shelved, waste of money. If you love yours, good luck, vape on.

The 510 plate threads can be cleaned and works great but when corrosion builds up on the threads, it can cause fluctuating resistance. You have to clean it and it works again. It's a major PITA and can cause burnt hits in TC when it happens which is why I don't use it much any more.

There are other issues as well, if one feels like tinkering, see this thread:

DNA 75 - HCIGAR VT75 nano/Resistance problem

@Pinggolfer - I was waiting on KTM & Mac to arrive, so now you've heard from some of the strongest supporters & opponents of the device (all grounds covered). Not using TC I cannot speak to it, but if that's truly a goal of yours, you may (or may not) be displeased with the end results.

Some of us have done nothing but change batteries for 10-12 months (raises hand) but others, as you can see, have had serious issues. Since I highly doubt you were expect Provape quality at this price, and from this area of the world, you may be fine.

See my reply to Dika below for additional information >

on my alien 220 i couldn't feel anything when using tc. 100 c, or 350 F. was same to me. i mean if i don't care about tc is it make any sense to to buy dna?

My own personal opinion, be it warranted or imagined, is that the DNA chips (along with a couple of others) provide me with a smoother and more consistent vape (than some of the others) in power mode, even at my bone-rattling 11 watts (of pure & unadulterated....).

If my price range offers one of my preferred chips when I'm shopping, I'll opt for them. On the other hand, a $25 Pico gives me a pretty nice vape too, so take all this for what it's worth.

Opinions. We know what they say...

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I was waiting on KTM & Mac to arrive, so now you've heard from some of the strongest supporters & opponents of the device (all grounds covered). Not using TC I cannot speak to it, but if that's truly a goal of yours, you may (or may not) be displeased with the end results.

Some of us have done nothing but change batteries for 10-12 months (raises hand) but others, as you can see, have had serious issues. Since I highly doubt you were expect Provape quality at this price, and from this area of the world, you may be fine.

See my reply to Dika below for additional information >

Thanks DP. You are right I have heard both sides now and you are certainly right about the quality of Provape. I've been going for a few years now with the P3 and Radius and no hiccups. I do want to at least try vaping with TC as I do use stainless steel wire and under a ohm coils. I don't want a mod that's not accurate and reliable. I have no issue shelling out the cash for a quality DNA 75 if they do exist. Provape and SvoeMesto spoiled me. :confused:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
How could only red nanos have issues with a screw? I was speed reading sort of. So when they make the red ones Hcigar puts in crappy screw's? They must be custom orders. Maybe I'll get lucky and have the crappy screw's in my charcoal nano.

Ok anyone with a charcoal nano with defective screws please come forward.

Do no know why the red battery caap issues .
Have 2 red and 2 black.
The black is fine , the red at first was not as the battery cap would get very hard to turn about half way screwed in . Look at the threads in device with jewelers eyepiece and saw slivers of metal lots of them.
Use damp q-tip (my spit) and swiped threads and cleaned out with toothbrush.
After several months of use it is good to go.
Still have black and another red new in box.

Recently bought the silver one from FT during sale and cost 62.00 shipped opened box and it looks like a very nice chrome finish maybe a fingerprint magnet but do not care.
Have not used it so not sure about battery cap.
Nice thing the frames are interchangeable if ever needed.
Do have an extra new frame and new battery cap bought on a earlier order from FT just in case.

My pico's devices have many new and some opened have been idle as the Nano provides a smoother vape somehow at same wattage as i do not nor intend to do TC.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks DP. You are right I have heard both sides now and you are certainly right about the quality of Provape. I've been going for a few years now with the P3 and Radius and no hiccups. I do want to at least try vaping with TC as I do use stainless steel wire and under a ohm coils. I don't want a mod that's not accurate and reliable. I have no issue shelling out the cash for a quality DNA 75 if they do exist. Provape and SvoeMesto spoiled me. :confused:

They had Lavaboxes for $32 last week (4th), so maybe keep your eyes open around Labor Day. There are others too in a decent price range (SMY comes to mind, and I'm sure my mush brain isn't connecting others right now).

Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Look at the threads in device with jewelers eyepiece and saw slivers of metal lots of them.
Use damp q-tip (my spit) and swiped threads and cleaned out with toothbrush.

Phenomenal info, Dieseler - thanks.

Mine cleared out too and are fine now (KD's too). I didn't spit in 'em though (and I'll almost guarantee that she didn't either!). :lol:

I may do that, just for the fun of it. :blush:

@Katdarling - wanna send me yours too? Because I care. :laugh::cool:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Provape and SvoeMesto spoiled me. :confused:

I feel bad for you because you'd have been very satisfied with the other one you were looking at. But yeah, I wouldn't get one with that strong magnets either, if I were you. Not worth it.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Phenomenal info, Dieseler - thanks.

Mine cleared out too and are fine now (KD's too). I didn't spit in 'em though (and I'll almost guarantee that she didn't either!). :lol:

I may do that, just for the fun of it. :blush:

@Katdarling - wanna send me yours too? Because I care. :laugh::cool:

Diesels, thank you. I never thought to investigate the atomic structure of the threading with mags on. I believe I shall do! And I shall also do the handy-dandy toothbrush cleaning.

But DPL? As far a spitting??? I'm a lady, dear one. I don't spit. :angel:

Reactions: DPLongo22

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread