Status
Not open for further replies.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
Cost came to $180.00, and that was a family/friend "deal". I'm not upset but now that I have been researching and reading, reading, reading on this and other forums, I do feel I could have made wiser choices/purchases. Water under the bridge :)

I'd be having a not so friendly talk with him. I'm glad it worked for you, but he took you big time on this.

lolhahaha

Aug 9, 2012
San Diego
I got in on the vapage site 50% off deal a month ago when I quit and bought a vmod xl and tons of spare parts. I wanted to quit to save money, haha. I've since spent at least 6 months $ of smoking cigs on juice from all these different sites so I'm going to have to force myself to stop buying. I'll never smoke all this lol! Good luck. I think 2 batteries for each is definitely the way to go. I have 4 batteries for my 2 mods and I'll never have to stop vaping.

AuBadge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Antioch, TN
neuronradio.net
You mentioned that your spouse was a bit less enthused about the vaping experience and still craved cigarettes. Not unusual. I didn't see where you mentioned what level of nicotine was in your cartridges, but it's possible he may need a higher level at this time. If he's at 12mg or 18mg, he may need 24mg. You can purchase ejuice at the nic levels needed for each of you (for use in blank cartos you can refill numerous times; I consider pre-filled carts to be a rip-off) and fill your own.

No-frills tanks are a great way to fill once a day and vape for a whole day or longer, depending on how much you use. Welcome to ECF and vaping. :)

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
As AuBadge has mentioned it could be your husband's nicotine level is not high enough.

As far as another PV:
Regular eGo system fires at 3.3 volts. The Kgo/ Riva fires at 3.7 volts. Both come in 650 and 1000/ 1100 mah. 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before recharge.

Twist VV comes in 650 or 1000 mah. Fires from 3.3 to 4.8 volts.
Pros- long battery life.
Cons- voltage adjustment is a dial on the end of battery and hard to adjust.
Kgo VV only comes in 650 mah. Fires from 3 to 6 volts.
Pros- LED screen that shows voltage and battery life. Also buttons to adjust voltage.
Cons- not as much battery life as Twist. Button hard to find and takes time getting used to. Button cover/ band beginning to wear out.

With VV most find their "sweet spot" at 4- 4.5 volts.

Cost came to $180.00, and that was a family/friend "deal".
I run a non profit vaping program through a charity I volunteer at and order everything in bulk. I've also converted many friends and when selling them a starter kit I offer it at my cost and suggest, if they're appreciative, they could maybe make a small donation to the prog I'm running. Thus far all have happily donated.

As far as deals you'd be wise to keep an eye on this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-882.html
Examples:
The Varitube Mini (silver) - Full Kit $39.95
The Varitube Mini (silver) - Full Kit | Variable Voltage | MODS | iVAPE
Now expired, identical PV as Kgo- Riva Tank Starter Kit 1100mah - $30

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
Thanks to all of you for posting, lots of helpful information. I do sort of feel I got taken, but at the same time not. My friends son did sell me the equipment at a lower cost than what he charges at the mall kiosk that he runs. I think it's my own fault for not doing my research online ahead of making the purchase. I still don't regret it, we are off the cigs and that is the most important thing to me. I won't get fooled again!!!! LOL

Hoping to make up my mind today and make my next purchase/upgrade for our vaping habit. Happy Sunday to all!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Congrats on the switch to vaping, and welcome to ECF!

Similar to your experience, I bought a 901t kit when I started vaping and while it was woefully inadequate after a few weeks, it did get me over the hump of quitting cigarettes. For that alone, I feel it was worth the high price I paid to be introduced to vaping, so I consider it an initiation fee. :D

This is the "kit" I've been recommending to new vapers lately, and I can't say enough about the customer service that Eric at Discount Vapers provides. He has a subforum here at ECF, and he's very good about resolving any issues you might have, as well as being friendly and open to suggestions for new products to carry.

eGo-C Twist Batteries: eGo Twist
I recommend getting 2 for each of you, and an extra for backup in case one fails. These are not the genuine Joyetech batteries, but I've not heard of any issues with them so far, and they're at a good price point. As a general rule, you can count on about an hour of vape time for each 100mAh of available power with moderate use, and a bit less than that if you dial in higher voltages.

Kanger T2 Clearomizers: Kanger T2 Clearomizers
These are very easy to fill, produce good vapor and flavor, and have inexpensive replacement heads (listed on the same page). If you get the eGo Twist batteries, get the SR (2.4-2.6 ohm) version so you can take advantage of the VV that the twist offers. I also agree with the ViVi Nova as an excellent clearomizer, and they are available at Discount Vapers as well. I just find that the Kanger T2 has a "cleaner" taste, so that's why I recommend them so highly.

eGo USB Rapid Charger: eGo/510 USB Rapid Charger - 420mAh
Get at least 2, one for each of you.

USB Wall Socket Adapter: USB Wall Socket Charger - 500mah
Again, get 2, one for each charger.

As for e-juice, I generally recommend ECBlend (ECBlend E-Liquids - Something Better). There are better gourmet juice makers available, but for consistently good juice at good prices, they have been my go-to vendor for months now.

Hope this helps!

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin

greatimp81

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
I am glad you are both quiting. Check out some of the starter kits at places like Got Vapes, PBDragons, NorthWest Vapors or Discount Vapors. These are all pretty good priced places and have plenty of options I recommend Got Vapes over the other as my primary place to purchase from. They have good online reviews and demos for most equipment. Not to mention plenty of people like me that rate and review their equipment. Good luck with the vaping and I hope yo stick with it. Of all of these avilable I recommend the ego starter kit form Got Vapes with the stardust clearomizers.

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
Miss Chris, I also bought from a mall vendor and do feel I spent too much but I also feel that it was still a good decision no matter what the price. Here's the set up that I have...
Joyetech e-Go C (battery) with a CE4 Clearomizer (an atomizer and 2.4 ml tank combo)
Joyetech e-Go C Upgrade (also known as a passthrough) with a Stardust Clearomizer
My kit came with the regular ego batteries and tanks not the passthrough & clearomizers, I bought those separate. But you might be able to find a kit that comes with the passthrough.

fairly simple system... Battery, tank, juice, go
I tend to like the CE4 clearomizers better than the Stardust because they are easier to fill. But this is just my preference, you will find a billion opinions in which is better and some will say they are both crap, BUT, you need easy right now. My clearomizers hold roughly 2.4ml and I refill it every other day. I use my regular e-GoC battery at home and drop it in my purse as a backup when I leave the house. I use my passthrough at work because I can plug it into the car charger and vape while it is charging if needed. (this might be a good option for your husband). Buy stronger nic juice for hubby, he can step down later. The goal is to get past the cravings. I am still on 24mg at week 4.

Edit: this is what works for me because I needed something that didn't require me fiddling with it every 10 minutes. It had to be as easy or easier than smoking a regular cigarette for it to work for me. This is easy for me.

Last edited:

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
Thanks Sharon, you are right, this needs to be as easy as possible for both my husband and me. I have us both using 18 mg eliquid, I have no cravings for a real cig but hubby seems to, he is refraining though(really surprising me). I got called into work today and had to go running, it's not very often the opportunity for time and a half comes to me so I ran out the door!! So I still haven't made the purchase yet.

Looking through this thread, many have posted links to suppliers, and I keep looking. Trying to find the cheapest price but truly a few dollars difference doesn't really matter. My head isn't spinning so bad anymore, just need to make my choices and send that order in.

I got the 808d1 starter kits with a charging case and that lasts me all day. However, I wish I would have just spent a little more for the ego 1000 Mah. Perhaps I will upgrade when these 808s die on me. So far I'm loving the vape and still get cravings too but it's much better than cold turkey anyday. I'm on day 16 without a cig so far keep it up!

mengel

Aug 31, 2012
usa
Hi all get-her-dune lol i just started 2 weeks a go to got a kgo from hooseir had batt last me about 2 1/2 days not constant but probly woud work a good day for heavy vaperer u will get alot of opinions here but u will have to decide kgo is great and i got 2 cigs in the kit and love my butterscotch tast just like candy ( this might not be a good thing ) i cant keep the thing out of my mouth but i know that it is better than the stinkys (real cigs) so i will do the same" vape on" i started with a small batt like some of u (envy narvana) and now i dont touch it (its my back up) but it didnt give the vaper that i was looking for so i kwickly bought something that would and made a great choice with kgo (my opinion) i spent alitel more than i intended to get started but am hapy i did the kit and 1 bottel of ejuice was asmuch as what i would have spent on stinkys for a week and by bottle of butterscotch is 1/4 gone so it already was worth it to me so u are on the right track

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
Hi again, finally completed a purchase this evening. I went with 2 starter kits from Discount Vapers. I figured for this low low price we could try a larger sized battery along with our cig sized battery kits we started on. $45.00 with shipping was a good price point for me to see if the 650mah will get the job done for my hubby on his days at work. Thanks again for everyone's help and encouragement.

Oh yeah....almost 18 days tobacco stix free!!!!! AND I went to the gym today with my daughter!!!

Edited post to add the link to the kit I bought today

http://www.discountvapers.com/starter-kit-mini-black/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread