Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Before anyone passes judgement on me, I'm a smoker. Cigarette smoke doesn't bother me. Well, except for early in the morning. I do detest the smell of cigarettes early in the morning. LOL! My wife is also a smoker. She recently bought a vape device (excuse my ignorance as I am not that familiar with the vaping terminology). So she, my Wife, started vaping in an effort to quit smoking. We have been having arguments because when she vapes, I get a bad headache. It's more like the feeling of motion sickness or sea sickness. She agreed to stop vaping in the house, however, when I go outside on the back deck to smoke a cig and she comes out to vape I get all sickly feeling when I smell it. So my point to posting this is to seek the communities advice and knowledge. I want to support my Wife's choice in using the vape to ween herself off cigarettes and be smoke free. Too, I'm encouraged by her efforts and would like to follow her lead to be smoke free myself. I am open to any positive suggestions that will help and please understand that I am not an anti-vape person. Your positive suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi Jerpal. Welcome to the ECF.

I would try what Opinionated mentioned and get a bottle of Unflavored in the same Nicotine and PG/VG Ratio as what your wife is currently using.

I use a Lot of Unflavored. And Hint of Flavor. That is when I place 4 or 5 Drops of Regular Flavor into my Tank, and then Fill the Rest with Unflavored. It still has quite a bit of Taste. But it doesn't have much Smell when Exhaled.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
New to all this. Is there a EC Blends store in the Memphis, Tn. area? And what is PG/VG? Sorry, all this is new to me. I hope I'm not asking too many questions but thank you for your help.

As a beside, if you use the coupon code 50020 at EC Blends, that will give you 20% off your order..

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
New to all this. Is there a EC Blends store in the Memphis, Tn. area? And what is PG/VG? Sorry, all this is new to me. I hope I'm not asking too many questions but thank you for your help.

I'm in the Memphis area and there are quite a few vape shops but I'm not familiar with any of them. I buy all my stuff online and I mix own juice.

If you want to try unflavored, you can get it here:

1.5mg/mL - 36mg/mL Nicotine Base - Nude Nicotine

You can select your preferred nicotine strength, bottle size, and PG/VG ratio. Someone recommended 70 VG / 30 PG but I think 50/50 would be a better place to start.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Just a question do you have any food allergies? The flavorings used in eliquids are food flavorings. SO if you have a known sensitivity to say strawberry candy and she is vaping strawberry it might be carrying over.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Also, be aware as you try to adjust the juice she's vaping to what you can tolerate, you still need a juice that she likes or she will not successful in getting off cigarettes. I do know unflavored would certainly eliminate any and all flavoring issues, but she might not find it very palatable. Another approach might be to order a sample pack from one of the better online vendors. Several small bottles of different flavored juices. She can try them and see which ones she likes, and you can see how you tolerate them until you reach a happy medium that's good for you and good for her.

I would put a great deal of weight as this being one of the flavorings setting you off. There are some smells that can bother me to the point of avoidance, but others do not find objectionable. Also, your wife gets a different taste experience as she's the on vaping and really doesn't know what the "second hand vape" even smells like.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Is there a "flavorless" flavor out there? One that dosen't have a smell?
Yes, there is. HHV carry a juice that's appropriately called Nada. They also carry around 14 NETs, or Naturally Extracted Tobacco juices that are very good. Plus you can add menthol to any of them in either High, Medium, or Low levels.

Reactions: Opinionated

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know exactly how you feel, getting close to 60 myself. Yuck! Sixty, sounds so old, 58 sounds much younger. ;)

Just a tip.

But when you turn 60, don't tell anyone how Old you actually are. Tell them that you are 70.

Then people will think... "Damn, that guy is in Great Shape. Hope I'm doing that Well when it get to be His age."

LOL

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

I vape max vg but have a pg allergy.. some people do pg in an 80vg/20pg mix, others a 70vg/30pg mix.. pg carries flavors better than vg, so people use it commonly, plus it thins the vg out more so your coils won't gunk up as much as when using max vg.

...and some of us vape 80PG/20VG... ;)

Parth

Nov 8, 2016
Just for the record. VTMN means nothing, certainly not vitamin since you don't absorb vitamins through your lungs.
I call that deliberately misleading. However, since people seem to be drawing that conclusion and the company in question is not saying that, we can avoid getting upset.
Yeah this is true, someone mentioned dragon fruit I just brought up that line/flavor bc I've tried it before and it actually tastes like the vitamin water it's copying haha.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Opinionated

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Before anyone passes judgement on me, I'm a smoker. Cigarette smoke doesn't bother me. Well, except for early in the morning. I do detest the smell of cigarettes early in the morning. LOL! My wife is also a smoker. She recently bought a vape device (excuse my ignorance as I am not that familiar with the vaping terminology). So she, my Wife, started vaping in an effort to quit smoking. We have been having arguments because when she vapes, I get a bad headache. It's more like the feeling of motion sickness or sea sickness. She agreed to stop vaping in the house, however, when I go outside on the back deck to smoke a cig and she comes out to vape I get all sickly feeling when I smell it. So my point to posting this is to seek the communities advice and knowledge. I want to support my Wife's choice in using the vape to ween herself off cigarettes and be smoke free. Too, I'm encouraged by her efforts and would like to follow her lead to be smoke free myself. I am open to any positive suggestions that will help and please understand that I am not an anti-vape person. Your positive suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Welcome and glad you joined. Might try the old allergic test. A drop of flavor(s), nic,PG,VG on your arm to see if you break out with some reaction (can be a good indicator).
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/07-08/symptoms.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread