Heads up....FreedomSmokeUSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Like many others probably did, I took advantage of FreedomSmokeUSA's recent sale to try out their juice. At 50% off the regrular $1/ml price, I figured it was a great opportunity to try some premium juice as well as a possible DIY route with FlavourArt. So, I ordered 2 Mar/Boro 30ml@24mg 80/20 PG/VG mix.

Packaged arrived in about 3 days (with a weekend in between) with my 2, 30ml bottles and an extra, 3ml sample - nice touch. Then I noticed that the Mar/Boro were each different colors and neither one looked anything like any tobacco flavor I'd ever received. One was a very light pinkish/orangish and the other was pretty much totally clear.

I figured...mixing error. Given the sale, they were probably busy and this one slipped thru. No big deal.

I promptly emailed FreedomSmokeUSA via my account at their site, thanked them for the free, 3ml taste and indicating that I felt there was an error with my juice, due to the different and 'odd' color, asked what color was normal and that I'd rather not try them.

David promptly emailed me back the next morning telling me he vapes Mar/Boro all the time and that they only send out whatever FlavourArt sends them. He also filled me in on the fact that he's sold many liters of Mar/Boro and had no complaints whatsoever.

That was it. Wow. No mention of what color it should be. No words addressing that different colors for the same juice is not normal. Just David's personal vaping juice choice and a vendors sales report.

so, I won't be trying this premuim juice after all. I'm sending the whole batch back and stopping my VISA payment.

I may have been the unlucky one-off and am fine with that but the service response was lame.

If you're luckier than me, go for it....at least you can rest assured you'll be donating to 1 of their 7 childrens' college fund.

UPDATE:
I received another email from FreedomSmokeUSA and they have agreed that I can send back the juice for a full refund - that's better.

The said they too are curious about what's in the bottle and will send them off to their chemist.

So great end to a rough start.

CONCLUSION:
Heya,

Just want to 'close' off this thread, if you will, with the final results...

David and I exchanged some good emails last night and I'm completely satisfied with the results.

He'll be sending me a refund and return box, so they can check on what I originally received, and a 10ml of the condensed version of the flavourart flavor so I can get the jist of what the base color actually looks like.

Like many have posted, David and Pam did follow up and thru on my issue and did it to my satisfaction - which is all that really matters in this. Knowing I can go back to them with future questions/concerns/issues in a working format is the real test of any vendor IMHO.

So, end result is no juice but a good feeling I can go back and try again.

Last edited:

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Didn't try any of it and don't intend to.

It's a hand mix to start with and given the mismatch of color, I have even less of a clue as to what is in there or what was really mixed up.

Smell wise, one has a somewhat sweet, candy air and the other almost no smell...with maybe a wee hint of sweetness.

I realize hand mix would be a "chance" from the get-go but this is obviously a mistake - combined with an equally useless, CS response.

UPDATE (on post #1 as well):
I received another email from FreedomSmokeUSA and they have agreed that I can send back the juice for a full refund - that's better.

The said they too are curious about what's in the bottle and will send them off to their chemist.

So great end to a rough start.

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback nubee I would never shy away from both good, or bad feedback. feedback is the lifeblood of this industry. Although I would say a full thumbs down in front of our business name is not appealing, it is what it is.
We have over 1100 sales to date and yours is the first, and hopefully only one that ever complained in any way shape or form.
Totally unfortunate but not much I can do other then give a full refund. I personally blend every single bottle. I am exacting in my science and every single bottle will be just like the last bottle.
Pure condensed marlboro from flavouorart is not a clear colorless liquid. It has hues of gold,pink and a few other highlights and the bottles are mixed well each time before bottling a custom blend. We do not add colorants to change the appearance of what Flavourart sells. So yes, there is definitely a possibility of colors not being exactly the same in each bottle.
One thing I can guarantee is that the nicotine level is exactly what you requested, the pg/vg levels are exactly as requested, and are the finest pg/vg in the country. only other ingredient is the flavourart flavoring.
I could have altered the color with a couple of drops of coloring and no one would ever notice any differences in coloring. and the flavor would have been exactly the same in both bottles.
Pamela and I don't mess around in this business. we are totally serious about every order, and very serious about our uncompromising position towards ever customer we sell too.
My comments back to you in emails may have been a bit clipped and to the point but I am human just like everyone else and I am sure you would agree that your emails were not exactly of the friendliest nature. Including a deferential comment about good luck with our children't college fund in the future. And to keep from being rude in any way, I simply let you know we apologized for you not liking our product, and will be happy to give a full refund including costs for shipping, and the cost for you to ship the product back to us so we can confirm the differences you are describing as to better ascertain what the problem may have been.
Doing a chargeback on a credit card is not exactly a professional way to handle an unfortunate situation. I am more then happy to refund the money in old fashioned cash. Chargebacks on credit cards, in an industry that already frowns on credit card providers taking care of e-cig vendors, only adds to the misery all of us suppliers may be forced to face in the future if credit card providers decide we aren't wroth the effort, as alot of providers have already made crystal clear.
Feel free to contact me again with how you are shipping the product back so we can look forward to it's return and necessary steps to have it tested. And let us know what name and address you want your refund sent to and we will make it a priority of ours.
David

I have tried the marlboro from freedomsmokeusa and it was one of the best marlboro's in flavor and vapor.I only bought one bottle so don't know about 2 diff. colors.I would try them looks can be deceiving.I don't know if it is worth giving a thumbs down since he will return your money.I have always got great CS and great tasting juice from them.I hope it all works out.

laborer75

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Minooka, IL
www.goodejuice.com
Maui's "old school". I used to frequent a forum he runs way back and his reputation has always been top notch. I'm glad you guys got this worked out quickly and hope this thread doesn't hurt his reputation. Would be a shame to see people hesitate to try his stuff out. He's definately a good dude!!!

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Maui's "old school". I used to frequent a forum he runs way back and his reputation has always been top notch. I'm glad you guys got this worked out quickly and hope this thread doesn't hurt his reputation. Would be a shame to see people hesitate to try his stuff out. He's definately a good dude!!!

I'll 2nd that. I got a bottle of perique instead of latakia on my 1st order, and he comped me a bottle of FA latakia flavoring. Handled it quickly and was a pleasure to deal with.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I get disappointed when buying goods that don't end up as expected, as I'm sure we all do.

You can only hope that when an error occurs that the vendor handles the situation calmly and courteously. If so, they will receive my repeat business. Sounds like this situation was handled pretty well.

Thanks to the OP for coming back to update us.

We don't even know that there was an error here, because it sounds like the flavoring was the variable, but I am not a forensic chemist.

Mauisun sounds like a stand-up guy to me.

Chazzman

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2010
Seattle, WA USA
Well, it is unfortunate that your order did not meet your expectations and that maybe there was an error in the mixing. Who knows.

I will tell you nubee that the folks at FSU are good people and although I am a noob myslef I have been delighted with both their service and their excellent products.
I spent a lot of time researching juice companies and reached out to many people both here at these forums and elsewhere.

They have a wonderful reputation and one that I am certain they worked hard for and deserve.

I noticed they are offering to resolve the situation.
That's great and I'm not surprised.

We need companies like this as they need us.
Give them another shot and I betcha they deliver on all levels.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Heya,

Just want to 'close' off this thread, if you will, with the final results...

David and I exchanged some good emails last night and I'm completely satisfied with the results.

He'll be sending me a refund and return box, so they can check on what I originally received, and a 10ml of the condensed version of the flavourart flavor so I can get the jist of what the base color actually looks like.

Like many have posted, David and Pam did follow up and thru on my issue and did it to my satisfaction - which is all that really matters in this. Knowing I can go back to them with future questions/concerns/issues in a working format is the real test of any vendor IMHO.

So, end result is no juice but a good feeling I can go back and try again.

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
Wait a second!....10 bucks, for 5ml of Flavourart flavored pg/vg nic!!! ...$5 for 10ml would be more like it, even that's high for juice made with ready made flavoring....yeah, this is not premium juice.

Apart from the fact that his juice prices are through the roof, his first response to the op, and subsequent lame and edgy reply here have the red lights flashing for me.

His complaint to the op for the remark about the kids college fund, but then bringing his 11 year old into this thread adds another zero to his score.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
no where is $10 mentioned at all.

In working with David on my order issue, he is sending me a 10ml bottle of the flavoring used in their Mar/Boro mix so I can see what it looks like - color wise mainly - at no charge.

I paid a very reasonable amount for my initial order that I am sending back for a refund...money is not an issue.

And to be fair, I myself brought up their children - a poor choice on my part. David responding to me on that is nothing more than a Dad protecting his kids as he should.

Again, please read Post #1 as it will show the entire history of my dealings and the fact the this whole matter had been completely handled.

smonomo, not even sure how to reply to your post bro. I never complained to an op, and as nubee stated we worked everthing out and we are both pleased with how it went. Not sure why you are getting involved since you are not a customer of ours, but we would be happy to serve you at anytime.
Everyone has seen our specials, as evidenced by the countless hundreds of orders we have been sending out. 50% off FlavourArt, 2 for 1 30ml pre-mixed bottle specials. 20% off coupons, free shipping in Arizona, there is a rather lengthy list of specials we have been running. We even give folks a heads up, as evidenced by the post of mine yesterday that this weekend is the chocolate lovers special.
Our pricing scheme is going to be changing. we always said it would onoce we goth things completely up and running, which we are almost complete in doing.
We have spent over 25 thousand dollars with FlavourART and spent 5k more in the last 4 days. When all is set pricing will be reflected in the changes.
I believe my responses have covered all bases. I believe that nubee has replied accordingly and so have I. If you are a customer of ours and you have any issues of any kind, at anytime, we have a toll free number, feel free to call it. Our email is always readily available and Pamela and I work tirelessly to respond to everything as fast as we can.
I do daresay, that if you have not been a customer of ours, how are you qualified to comment in any way? I, like Pamela, appreciate comments both good and bad, this happens to be the one and only bad one, and we dealt with it ito the satisfaction of both ourselves and the buyer, as evidenced by his follow-up posts and ours.

Spence, no big deal. We are ok with letting the thread run its course. Everyone is human, everyone has a bad day, lord knows I get enough of them with so many kids.

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
Again, please read Post #1 as it will show the entire history of my dealings and the fact the this whole matter had been completely handled.
After it was made public.
no where is $10 mentioned at all.
It's right there on his website.

Like I said, this is not premium juice, it's DIY Flavourart, which is not bad by the way, I have all the Flavouart tobacco flavors along with various Chinese juices like Keemer, Dekang, and Kanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread