• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Health Cabin 3rd Anniversary Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
Winnipeg
All the orders I've placed with HC, and chose the cheap shipping option, took about 3-4 weeks to arrive. DHL arrived in 4 days (Not kidding) and have an order on route using EMS. We'll see how ling she takes this time... :D

Ah crap! 3 months???? I cheaped out on the shipping for my order. I guess I'll need some to order some supplies to last me until then

aggo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Health Cabin seem to have a better track record with getting shipments in but imho it's all random searching with Customs Canada. I have been some horror stories with Alibaba with shipments being lost or returned to China with the buyers losing money. The problem usually is communication on the other side - not following shipping instructions & writing "NIC juice" on the declaration forms. I think once someone develops a report with the Alibaba rep - these things subside.

I've gotten some fantastic deals on batteries and a charger from DealExtreme.com. They're based in Hong Kong. I noticed they sell juice, too....but they call it "Tobacco tar oil". :D lol

IT_guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
SK, Canada
All the orders I've placed with HC, and chose the cheap shipping option, took about 3-4 weeks to arrive. DHL arrived in 4 days (Not kidding) and have an order on route using EMS. We'll see how ling she takes this time... :D

Oh ok, I can deal with 3-4 weeks. Thanks for the heads up

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Order has made it through Customs yesterday, and should be departing Richmond BC at some point today for Toronto. Looking like a Friday delivery unless I am extremely lucky and it shows up tomorrow. ;)

I'm still waiting on the Vivi Nova that shipped last Wednesday from Ohio. Isn't that silly?!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I've got an ordering placed at the beginning of apr that has been sitting in customs for 10 days now... :mad:

Ordered on the weekend, shipped via ems and it hit customs this am at 2:00. We'll see which one gets here first... :glare:

Dude, if it's been sitting in Customs for 10 days, I'd expect a letter rather than a package. :(

But, there's always hope that it just somehow got side-tracked.

EMS shipping is the best IMHO.

Spac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
Winnipeg
All that's in this order is a couple packs of carto's, 2 dct's, and a couple drip tips. Was a small order. Will be looking forward to seeing the reason for rejection if this is the case. No juice or anything in it......

Dude, if it's been sitting in Customs for 10 days, I'd expect a letter rather than a package. :(

But, there's always hope that it just somehow got side-tracked.

EMS shipping is the best IMHO.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
All that's in this order is a couple packs of carto's, 2 dct's, and a couple drip tips. Was a small order. Will be looking forward to seeing the reason for rejection if this is the case. No juice or anything in it......

Dear Mr. Spac,

We have noticed the recent influx of items from foreign lands addressed to you. Since we have let the previous 50 parcels through, we trust it will ok if we reject this one. There's no real reason to reject it, but it's just a matter of principle. Can't have the rest of Canada presuming that we are letting everything get by us.

We apologize if your shipment contained the latest version of the diva-cup that you were bringing in for show-and-tell.

Sincerely,

The watchers on the wall.

Spac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
Winnipeg
You're sick dusty. Seek help please... :)

Dear Mr. Spac,

We have noticed the recent influx of items from foreign lands addressed to you. Since we have let the previous 50 parcels through, we trust it will ok if we reject this one. There's no real reason to reject it, but it's just a matter of principle. Can't have the rest of Canada presuming that we are letting everything get by us.

We apologize if your shipment contained the latest version of the diva-cup that you were bringing in for show-and-tell.

Sincerely,

The watchers on the wall.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Mine is "The total export package interoperability seal sealing"

This is what I get for deciding to save a couple bucks and not care how long it takes. :facepalm: I've learned my lesson

What the heck does that even mean?!

BigPoppa17211

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Calgary, AB
2012-05-07 17:33:00 XIAMEN Posting
2012-05-07 19:07:08 XIAMEN Arrival at Sorting Center
2012-05-07 20:41:01 XIAMEN Despatch from Sorting Center
2012-05-09 03:01:00 CANADA VANCOUVER Arrival at Sorting Center
2012-05-09 03:01:00 CANADA VANCOUVER Handed over to Customs

Still in customs...not sure if I like the wording there! :blink:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
2012/05/07 21:13 VANCOUVER International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
2012/05/08 VANCOUVER Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
2012/05/08 19:26 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility

Oooooh, this was what mine said. Not sure I like the wording on yours either. Best of luck!

705techno

Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
lindsay, ontario
2012-05-10 17:41:00 XIAMEN Posting
2012-05-10 19:09:38 XIAMEN Arrival at Sorting Center
2012-05-10 20:33:45 XIAMEN Despatch from Sorting Center

Thats where Im at with both packages (one with the hardware, one with the joose)

Anyone who has bought from HC before; are they clever with the customs declarations on the packaging or do they say whats inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread