"Health Officials" bust vendors, promoters at NJ Vape Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
sheesh... pretty soon we will be seeing warning signs on the doors to the venue where rock concerts will be playing...

Warning: Damage to your hearing may occur.... signed AC/DC ;)

I had to lol! AC/DC left my ears ringing for a week.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Simple way for a sick city to pocket a little quick cash and grab a few headlines.

We didn't know...........

Seriously??????? And you earned you position on the Counsel how????

Just one more example of - We the few can tell you exactly what you can do!
So much for Freedom :glare:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Why would people bother going to a vape expo where they're not allowed to vape?
Yes the rule is stupid but, rules are rules. People knew about the no vaping before going and still went then decided to not follow the rules

Ya think?
00z4u3Gh.jpg

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
That entire convention was a disaster.
Organizers tried to circumvent local ordinances, and set themselves up for failure.
They even tried to claim that it was a "membership only - private event" to try and find a loophole.
That's some sketchy amateur stuff and should have been a huge clue to vendors and vapers.

Avoid sketchiness and unprofessionalism like the plague. It never works out.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
That entire convention was a disaster.
Organizers tried to circumvent local ordinances, and set themselves up for failure.
They even tried to claim that it was a "membership only - private event" to try and find a loophole.
That's some sketchy amateur stuff and should have been a huge clue to vendors and vapers.

Avoid sketchiness and unprofessionalism like the plague. It never works out.

Bull
Word has it it was back to business and vaping ... earlier by a bit after six p.m.
Seems like nothing more than a publicity maneuver on the Councels part. Otherwise the Cops could have just as easily shut the place down.

If people don't at least attempt to live life the way they enjoy it as long as it does not bring injury to others we will eventually have NOTHING unless some ..... sitting in a closet decides it is approved.:grr:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

Every vape convention I've seen has foggy rooms with low-lying vapor clouds like this. :wub:

It was a good idea to set up sampling outside. That probably should have been the SOP.

The reality is that other people use these convention centers....let's say the next trade show as soon as this one was broken down was a trade show for home furnishings or one of the big national expos like ABC Kids Expo or All Baby and Child Conference and Show.........I can fully appreciate that you simply can't have residue of VG or food flavorings hanging around in these buildings.

Really not sure I could handle being in a room that fogged up, to be honest. Its not about being anti vaping, I mean, I vape!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Bull
Word has it it was back to business and vaping ... earlier by a bit after six p.m.
Seems like nothing more than a publicity maneuver on the Councels part. Otherwise the Cops could have just as easily shut the place down.

If people don't at least attempt to live life the way they enjoy it as long as it does not bring injury to others we will eventually have NOTHING unless some ..... sitting in a closet decides it is approved.:grr:

Not BS.
Notices about the "membership system" were sent out to vendors.
The organizers knew this was an issue.

The problem was, the organizers chose a venue in an area that already has regulations in effect, and either decided to ignore them, or didn't do enough research.
Damn the laws, the show must go on.
Organizers rent a venue and sell booths to vendors, and sometimes tickets at the door.
That's all they do.

Also remember they voted those .......into
Office, and continue to do so.

Apparently, it's what the good people that live there wanted.

;)

Laws need to be changed. It's not that hard of we all vote.
We have the power. We always have.
Civil disobedience is last desperate act, not a first response.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Whoever put that together did a wonderful job of bringing the idiots who passed these crap laws out in the open and made them look as silly as the laws. It's not poor planning, it's very good planning they have everything covered so when the when everything looked like it was falling apart they exposed everyone.

Let's face it, some petitions and threatening letters from the minority aren't going to get it done, some civil disobedience that makes the news and makes those not involved think about the situation is much more effective.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Laws need to be changed. It's not that hard of we all vote.
We have the power. We always have.
Civil disobedience is last desperate act, not a first response.

and we are how many years into the Voting makes a difference thing? Civil Disobedience has its place.
I do not even attend things like this. they have no appeal. However, I have attended many conventions and concerts in the past. I'm ex- car audio retail. I know what the people paying at the door are expecting........................ and it isn't ear plugs or lolli-pops.:D

* I'm not an in your face person, but this was a Promoted event with people having Expectations.

Reactions: KattMamma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread