"Health Officials" bust vendors, promoters at NJ Vape Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
wait. I want to point something out. I honestly use like 30ml in 2 hours! I am a fiend with it. therefore, out of the respect of others I only do so in areas as which not to impede on the enjoyment of others. I do not need any stinking laws to be a moral citizen. on the 4th I live in a very rural area. people are exploding structures at 3am. they have right to here. is it fair to me and my family? no!

Reactions: personalvoid

personalvoid

Jul 19, 2015
People have nausea smoking cigarettes? I find cigarettes quite delicious and relaxing. No nausea...
Who has outlawed nicotine? You do know this thread is pertaining to the US, correct?

Cigs are delicious? Well i am one vaper that will never vape any tobacco flavour because... Now I have the choice, if i had to choose i would prefer not having the same stink on me when i quit smoking.

About the nausea... Yes there is nausea associated to the cigarette, when you absorb too much nicotine it is amsomehwat of a safety mechanism that avoids you inhaling more.

Ok, I live in London, and i find that is forbidden in most public places, but are you trying to silence a thought? How can you not see the pattern that society follows over and over again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Cigs are delicious? Well i am one vaper that will never vape any tobacco flavour because... Now I have the choice, if i had to choose i would prefer not having the same stink on me when i quit smoking.

About the nausea... Yes there is nausea associated to the cigarette, when you absorb too much nicotine it is amsomehwat of a safety mechanism that avoids you inhaling more.

Ok, I live in London, and i find that is forbidden in most public places, but are you trying to silence a thought? How can you not see the pattern that society follows over and over again?

I like a cigarette every now and then.

I smoked over 20 years, full flavor. I was never able to smoke so much I got nic sick from it. Perhaps cigarettes in the UK are different...

New Jersey isn't in London. Nic isn't outlawed. Vaping is simply not allowed at places where smoking isn't allowed.

You forgot to compare vaping restrictions to the Holocaust...

Last edited:

personalvoid

Jul 19, 2015
You forgot to compare vaping restrictions to the Holocaust...

That is a bit stretched, but i see you can connect the dots :)

Joking aside, there will always be someone who is undermining someone else or introducing change, and laws start to appear to regulate the less powerful to avoid reducing the interests of the more powerful and established.

Resources should be spent truly analyzing and testing ecig effects on human body, instead of speculating. But spending and "maybe" find something that can be dangerous is far less secure than lobbying against.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
That is a bit stretched, but i see you can connect the dots :)

Joking aside, there will always be someone who is undermining someone else or introducing change, and laws start to appear to regulate the less powerful to avoid reducing the interests of the more powerful and established.

Resources should be spent truly analyzing and testing ecig effects on human body, instead of speculating. But spending and "maybe" find something that can be dangerous is far less secure than lobbying against.

Most just see it as a continuation of smoking, thus why vaping is included with smoking prohibitions. It's as simple as that. No conspiracies or shadowy men in brown shirts...

The US government has given out $millions in grant money to study e-cigs. These are long studies, which are years away from completion...

Reactions: aceswired

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
actually in a thread long ago someone called our lawmakers Nazis. not only is that a bit far stretched it is disgusting to undermine what happened there. why is it such a big deal to be able to vape in public? should we be able to go naked in public? perhaps those that don't like rules should move to a country where there are none. see how that fares. this is just not oppression. in fact it has the rights of others in mind. what if you were on the other side in a restaurant filled with vapor? personally I am fine with the regulations thus far. I would be a lot quicker to protect the sale of ejuice to consenting adults. that my friends is a heck of a lot more sacred to me. just be concerned with that, okay?

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
nic_fix, I have to disagree with your "just be concerned with that" idea

I've studied how the laws go in this country. How something that's fine one day is slowly demonized, taxed, and in some cases outright outlawed.

Since I don't want to see that happen to vaping, I'm gonna fight for there to be no restrictions. That's my default position. I want antis to have to fight hard for every inch they get

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
honestly this is not so important that we need to scream about it. plenty before us have quit smoking without the use of vaporizers. more so than anything this has become a sport. along the way it has garnered public attention.
There is a coordinated hate campaign against vapers. It's all based on lies and it's heavily funded. More and more smokers are being convinced that vaping is as at least as dangerous as smoking, leaving more and more of the market to those who use it as sport. The propaganda plays up the sporting aspects to deligitimize the life saving potential and suggest we are giving off dangerous levels of toxic fumes from our hair and clothes via 'third hand vapor'. Scaring off smokers from switching will result in needless death and destruction. We do need to scream about it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Potential for weather issues?

And by weather I don't just mean rain.
I mean hot and humid and miserable.

We are, after all, talking New Jersey.
:laugh:

I dunno...

Sometimes when I listen to what the Event Coordinators have said, I get the Impression that they wanted to do a Rosa Parks type thing More than they wanted to do a Vape Expo? At Other Times, I wonder at the Competency of the Lawyers that they say they Consulted?

The Long and the Short of it though is I would like to see what the Coordinators said they have in Writing from Various State/Local Agencies regarding the Legality of Indoor Vaping.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah, I'm starting to lean a bit in that direction.
But I do hope I'm wrong and they are right.

I'm not sure How they can Argue that this Vape Expo was a Private Club? Seeing that they Admitted anyone who was 19+ and was willing to pay $10 to get in. Even a State Senator who Authored the Indoor Smoking/Vaping Ban Legislation . LOL

And I'm not even sure if a "Private Club" is Exempt from the Indoor Smoking/Vaping Ban?

But I guess that is for the Lawyers/Courts to Argue/Decide.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I'm not sure How they can Argue that this Vape Expo was a Private Club? Seeing that they Admitted anyone who was 19+ and was willing to pay $10 to get in. Even a State Senator who Authored the Indoor Smoking/Vaping Ban Legislation . LOL

And I'm not even sure if a "Private Club" is Exempt from the Indoor Smoking/Vaping Ban?

I think they had New York lawyers. They could have held a private event where smoking or vaping was allowed in the convention center, up to twice a year with a waiver- in New York...

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

I'm no lawyer, but I did spend untold hours helping my wife study to pass the bar.
And I have stayed in at least one Holiday Inn Express recently.

Anyway, heck if I know.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think they had New York lawyers. They could have held a private event where smoking or vaping was allowed in the convention center, up to twice a year with a waiver- in New York...

But this event was held in the State of New Jersey, right?

Where New York State laws Do Not Apply.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm no lawyer, but I did spend untold hours helping my wife study to pass the bar.
And I have stayed in at least one Holiday Inn Express recently.

Anyway, heck if I know.

Nice to be Married to a Member of the Bar. That can save you a Ton of Money.

That is, unless you decide to get Unmarried. Then it will Probably cost you a Fortune.

;)

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
But this event was held in the State of New Jersey, right?

Where New York State laws Do Not Apply.

Exactly, but they did everything as if they were in NY. I think the organizers and their lawyers read the NY law, not the NJ law...

§ 1399-q. Smoking restrictions inapplicable.
This article shall not apply to:

1. Private homes, private residences and private automobiles;
  2. A hotel or motel room rented to one or more guests;
  3. Retail tobacco businesses;
  4. Membership associations; provided, however, that smoking shall only be allowed in membership associations in which all of the duties with respect to the operation of such association, including, but not limited to, the preparation of food and beverages, the service of food and beverages, reception and secretarial work, and the security services of the membership association are performed by members of such membership association who do not receive compensation of any kind from the membership association or any other entity for the performance of such duties;
  5. Cigar bars that, in the calendar year ending December thirty-first, two thousand two, generated ten percent or more of its total annual gross income from the on-site sale of tobacco products and the rental of on-site humidors, not including any sales from vending machines, and is registered with the appropriate enforcement officer, as defined in subdivision one of section thirteen hundred ninety-nine-t of this article. Such registration shall remain in effect for one year and shall be renewable only if:
    1. in the preceding calendar year, the cigar bar generated ten percent or more of its total annual gross income from the on-site sale of tobacco products and the rental of on-site humidors, and
    2. the cigar bar has not expanded its size or changed its location from its size or location since December thirty-first, two thousand two;
  6. Outdoor dining areas of food service establishments with no roof or other ceiling enclosure; provided, however, that smoking may be permitted in a contiguous area designated for smoking so long as such area:
    1. constitutes no more than twenty-five percent of the outdoor seating capacity of such food service establishment,
    2. is at least three feet away from the outdoor area of such food service establishment not designated for smoking, and
    3. is clearly designated with written signage as a smoking area; and
  7. Enclosed rooms in food service establishments, bars, catering halls, convention halls, hotel and motel conference rooms, and other such similar facilities during the time such enclosed areas or rooms are being used exclusively for functions where the public is invited for the primary purpose of promoting and sampling tobacco products, and the service of food and drink is incidental to such purpose, provided that the sponsor or organizer gives notice in any promotional material or advertisements that smoking will not be restricted, and prominently posts notice at the entrance of the facility and has provided notice of such function to the appropriate enforcement officer, as defined in subdivision one of section thirteen hundred ninety-nine-t of this article, at least two weeks prior to such function. The enforcement officer shall keep a record of all tobacco sampling events, and such record shall be made available for public inspection. No such facility shall permit smoking under this subdivision for more than two days in any calendar year.

State of New York - Regulation of Smoking in Public and Work Places

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Exactly, but they did everything as if they were in NY. I think the organizers and their lawyers read the NY law, not the NJ law...

I just Don't know what the Event Coordinators / Building Owner were told by their Attorneys? Or by a NJ Local/State agency? Or if Anyone ever contacted the New Jersey State Attorney General Office?

Or if Any of the Lawyers involved were Allowed to Practice Law in the State of New Jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread