• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Heart conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
First the baby, then the kitten ate my long eloquent replies. one last try!
I have cardiomyopathy (weak heart muscle), cardiomegaly (enlarged heart) and congestive heart failure. I was diagnosed at age 35, but I started noticing problems when I was 20. It is largely genetic and then I had too many hard pregnancies and large babies. After this last baby, my heart couldn't compensate anymore. Thankfully I had a smart dr on my side!
I had to quit my job, because I was too weak to do it anymore. That made me lose my insurance. Now I can't afford to go to the dr, which stinks. I have good days and bad spells. Lately it's been a bad spell. It's very flustrating to want and need to get up and do a ton of things and not being able to. I do not get much help or understanding at home. They all figure if I'm laying on the couch not doing anything, that means They don't have to do anything either! uuugggghhhhhh!

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
The sleeping thing is going quite well, thanks! I think the heart is acting up because of the kids' colds they brought home from school. It's just the sniffles, but this poor old body! disability is hard to get in this state for adults. The drs said I should be cured within a year, but when the insurance ran out, I was cured! HA! The 'year at the most' was up 6 months ago. Quitting smoking helped a lot too. I am not nearly as bad as I was when I went in with it, but it dogs me still. I keep thinking when I am feeling better that I've got it licked, then it comes around again. I've put off even trying for disability, because I don't want to be disabled. --- I just realized that. ok, now I feel stupid. sigh...... Apparently I need a brain doaner too.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
The sleeping thing is going quite well, thanks! I think the heart is acting up because of the kids' colds they brought home from school. It's just the sniffles, but this poor old body! disability is hard to get in this state for adults. The drs said I should be cured within a year, but when the insurance ran out, I was cured! HA! The 'year at the most' was up 6 months ago. Quitting smoking helped a lot too. I am not nearly as bad as I was when I went in with it, but it dogs me still. I keep thinking when I am feeling better that I've got it licked, then it comes around again. I've put off even trying for disability, because I don't want to be disabled. --- I just realized that. ok, now I feel stupid. sigh...... Apparently I need a brain doaner too.

You're not stupid! And your brain is just fine! :) I had to swallow my pride when I applied for disability. I had always taken care of myself, and I was afraid to fall into the mind set of just sitting around feeling sorry for myself, and not being productive. But then I realized my disability payments were what I had already paid into Social Security. I earned it, and now they are giving it back to me. I doubt SS will be around when I reach retirement age, so I might as well benefit now from my years of hard work--while I still can. And I've found other ways of being productive, too!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Well WalMart can be really taxing. It takes energy just thinking about going there (at least for me). Don't really mind it once I'm there though.
Then there is hauling everything home and putting it away!!!
BOY you better rest the rest of the night and here's hoping you sleep like a baby.

So much of joking, let me know how things went.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Well, thankfully I have 2 kids at home able to help. One is home schooled the other just got out of the mental hospital and is still not 'quite' enrolled in his day treatment school--paperwork hell. It took about an hour and half to get done. All but the first 20 minutes was me on my last legs. Sweaty, pale, shaky, dizzy--lord I'm gonna pass out in the middle of freaking walmart so then the whole town gets a show and crap I Know a lot of the paramedics--- sort of ordeal. But I didn't. They loaded and unloaded the groceries, I laid down for a few hours. Feeling as good now as I ever do lately. I'm still breathing, so it's a good day. :)

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I have gotten shot down for medicaid, but I will try again in october when it come up for review. I have thought about using a cart, but I always go in there thinking I'll be fine. It's just walmart, right? Yeah, denile isn't just a river in egypt. Lord have mercy, I am a mess in more than one way..... If you can't laugh at yourself, someone else will! lol

tartanraven

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I have severe dilated cardiomyopathy (left ventricular discharge fraction of 22%) also congestive heart failure and type II diabetes (nerves in both legs dying from neuropathy)...all of this being side effects from a rather extensive chest wound whilst serving in Desert Storm. For those that wonder about a heart transplant...I've already turned it down twice.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
I have severe dilated cardiomyopathy (left ventricular discharge fraction of 22%) also congestive heart failure and type II diabetes (nerves in both legs dying from neuropathy)...all of this being side effects from a rather extensive chest wound whilst serving in Desert Storm. For those that wonder about a heart transplant...I've already turned it down twice.

(((((hugs)))))

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Nope, I do not have any problems with my heart so far. If I had congestive heart failure, I would get as much hawthorne berry, arjuna bark and coQ10 in my body as I could (most heart patients have very low CoQ10 levels) ... oh yeah, and another biggie is magnesium. All natural remedies.

Magnesium, acetyl L-carnitine, and CoQ10 work as a team to create the energy that every single cell in your heart needs to work its magic. And each plays a special part in the process.

• CoQ10 acts as the spark
• Acetyl L-carnitine supplies the energy by driving fat into the cells
• Magnesium helps manage the electrochemical signals in your heart so it knows just when to beat

About the arjuna: The bark of the Terminalia arjuna tree has been pulverized by Indian healers for more than 2,700 years. And now it’s joined the ranks of well-proven cardiovascular cures. In fact, arjuna has been the subject in dozens of scientific trials, many involving heart disease, with stunning results.

• A double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study found that arjuna worked at least as well—actually a little bit better—than prescription drug ISMN (Isosorbide Mononitrate) for stable angina patients. The scientists also observed that the arjuna caused no side effects, while ISMN is known to cause adverse reactions including lightheadedness, dizziness, rapid pulse, and blurred vision.

• Patients with congestive heart failure improved dramatically in just two weeks 
in a double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled study when arjuna was added to their regimens. They did so well, in fact, that researchers had them continue using arjuna for an average 24 months more, and saw even more improvement in symptoms and quality of life.

• Another study found that arjuna improved symptoms in 12 patients with coronary artery disease. Compared to patients just taking conventional treatments, the subjects taking arjuna had vastly improved blood pumping capability and reduced enlarged heart muscle after taking the herb for just three months.

WRT the Hawthorn berry: Studies have shown that hawthorn effectively improves many cardiovascular issues, including angina, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol…confirming what traditional herbalists have known all along—that hawthorn is an herb you definitely want in your heart health arsenal.

If you're a wee skeptical, google it. You can start with these scientific research papers if ya want. Just Google them ...

Indian Heart J. 2002 Mar-Apr;54(2):170-5. Efficacy of Terminalia arjuna in chronic stable angina: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study comparing Terminalia arjuna with isosorbide mononitrate. Bharani A, Ganguli A, Mathur LK, Jamra Y, Raman PG.

Int J Cardiol. 1995 May;49(3):191-9. Salutary effect of Terminalia Arjuna in patients with severe refractory heart failure. Bharani A,

Indian Heart J. 1997 Sep-Oct;49(5):507-10. Beneficial effects of Terminalia arjuna in coronary artery disease. Dwivedi S, Jauhari R.

Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008 Jan 23;(1):CD005312. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD005312.pub2. Hawthorn extract for treating chronic heart failure. Pittler MH, Guo R, Ernst E.

If you wanna take a tonic that's got all this good stuff in it, I could suggest Heart Strong heart tonic (by Redd Remedies). It would be cheaper than buying them separately. It will only cost you $30 mo - not bad for something as extra special as your heart. Here's a link to this all natural tonic.

Redd Remedies, natural supplement, holistic, natural health, wellness solutions, herbal supplement, cardiovascular health, heart health, heart energy, heart attack, heart risk, cardiac muscle, blood pressure

Be sure and let your doc know what you're up to if ya try it.;)

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Nope, I do not have any problems with my heart so far. If I had congestive heart failure, I would get as much hawthorne berry, arjuna bark and coQ10 in my body as I could (most heart patients have very low CoQ10 levels) ... oh yeah, and another biggie is magnesium. All natural remedies.

Magnesium, acetyl L-carnitine, and CoQ10 work as a team to create the energy that every single cell in your heart needs to work its magic. And each plays a special part in the process.

• CoQ10 acts as the spark
• Acetyl L-carnitine supplies the energy by driving fat into the cells
• Magnesium helps manage the electrochemical signals in your heart so it knows just when to beat

About the arjuna: The bark of the Terminalia arjuna tree has been pulverized by Indian healers for more than 2,700 years. And now it’s joined the ranks of well-proven cardiovascular cures. In fact, arjuna has been the subject in dozens of scientific trials, many involving heart disease, with stunning results.

• A double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study found that arjuna worked at least as well—actually a little bit better—than prescription drug ISMN (Isosorbide Mononitrate) for stable angina patients. The scientists also observed that the arjuna caused no side effects, while ISMN is known to cause adverse reactions including lightheadedness, dizziness, rapid pulse, and blurred vision.

• Patients with congestive heart failure improved dramatically in just two weeks 
in a double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled study when arjuna was added to their regimens. They did so well, in fact, that researchers had them continue using arjuna for an average 24 months more, and saw even more improvement in symptoms and quality of life.

• Another study found that arjuna improved symptoms in 12 patients with coronary artery disease. Compared to patients just taking conventional treatments, the subjects taking arjuna had vastly improved blood pumping capability and reduced enlarged heart muscle after taking the herb for just three months.

WRT the Hawthorn berry: Studies have shown that hawthorn effectively improves many cardiovascular issues, including angina, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol…confirming what traditional herbalists have known all along—that hawthorn is an herb you definitely want in your heart health arsenal.

If you're a wee skeptical, google it. You can start with these scientific research papers if ya want. Just Google them ...

Indian Heart J. 2002 Mar-Apr;54(2):170-5. Efficacy of Terminalia arjuna in chronic stable angina: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study comparing Terminalia arjuna with isosorbide mononitrate. Bharani A, Ganguli A, Mathur LK, Jamra Y, Raman PG.

Int J Cardiol. 1995 May;49(3):191-9. Salutary effect of Terminalia Arjuna in patients with severe refractory heart failure. Bharani A,

Indian Heart J. 1997 Sep-Oct;49(5):507-10. Beneficial effects of Terminalia arjuna in coronary artery disease. Dwivedi S, Jauhari R.

Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008 Jan 23;(1):CD005312. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD005312.pub2. Hawthorn extract for treating chronic heart failure. Pittler MH, Guo R, Ernst E.

If you wanna take a tonic that's got all this good stuff in it, I could suggest Heart Strong heart tonic (by Redd Remedies). It would be cheaper than buying them separately. It will only cost you $30 mo - not bad for something as extra special as your heart. Here's a link to this all natural tonic.

Redd Remedies, natural supplement, holistic, natural health, wellness solutions, herbal supplement, cardiovascular health, heart health, heart energy, heart attack, heart risk, cardiac muscle, blood pressure

Be sure and let your doc know what you're up to if ya try it.;)

my heart failure is caused by the damage when i had a heart attack 8 years ago. i didn't realize it was one, so i didn't go to the hospital until the 4th day. now, the entire inside of my left ventricle is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread