Heat and irritation of the throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiloWatts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
West Philadelphia
It doesn't seem like nicotine or PG/VG is much of a risk at this point. The only negative symptoms I experience from 4+ years of vaping are irritation and burning sensation in the throat.

Let's look at only that. If I continually slam my throat with hot vapor (regardless of the composition), is it going to have detrimental effects on the sensitive tissues in my throat? This is my only concern at the moment.

Reactions: David Wolf

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Out of curiosity, OP, have you shined a light into your throat and looked at the back of the throat in a mirror yet? I'm curious because since vaping, I've had chronic sore throat, and the back of my throat has changed drastically. At first I thought they were blisters of some kind, but now I'm not sure. Either way, the back of my throat has been irritated to the extent that it looks pretty nasty back there now.

I've been to a doctor over the issue, and I've been prescribed allergy medication, and this steroid type stuff that I spray up my nose. We haven't been able to determine the cause, but I suspect e-cigs could POSSIBLY be related.

I'm curious what the back of your throat looks like

Reactions: David Wolf

cte72

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
It doesn't seem like nicotine or PG/VG is much of a risk at this point. The only negative symptoms I experience from 4+ years of vaping are irritation and burning sensation in the throat.

Let's look at only that. If I continually slam my throat with hot vapor (regardless of the composition), is it going to have detrimental effects on the sensitive tissues in my throat? This is my only concern at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread