Heat steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Well i have nothing vapeable atm. So i need a quick solution after i get some vapeable liquid the rest can steep in my closet. Ive had 2 new bottles of 120ml steeping for about a week now thats no better than when i put it in there. 3 10ml vapewild and a 100ml im vaping now thats not so strong flavor i want to improve

Go to the store and buy VG and cut it down a little, if your juice taste bad from day one (unless it's a custard) I don't think speed steeping is magical, try leaving the tip off over night and maybe don't buy 300 mls from vapewild anymore

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Go to the store and buy VG and cut it down a little, if your juice taste bad from day one (unless it's a custard) I don't think speed steeping is magical, try leaving the tip off over night and maybe don't buy 300 mls from vapewild anymore

This; and this might lead you to making your own juice, which will cost you pennies on the dollar in the long run. Don't be intimidated by what looks like a fancy chemist set up. I saw this video and started right away. Get yourself some flavors you might like and get started.

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I use heat after I do a DIY mix all the time. I use hot Tap water below 150 degrees maximum! It speeds up the infusion process and also helps getting the air out of the e-Liquid faster by thinning out the liquid. Some flavors like deserts and some fruits do require time to infuse properly and completely. Only trial an error will determine what works for what flavors. Good Luck to you.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Personally, I've never heat steeped any eliquids I've made. None of them really even needed any type of steeping, as most people think of steeping (ie. put it in a dark, cool place for a few weeks; use heat to steep it, etc.). They're 98% shake & vape, because I follow Bill's Magic Vapor's theories about total flavoring % in my eliquids, how to make bases for various types of eliquids, combining flavoring types, etc.

The only exceptions to me vaping a mix immediately (the other 2% of eliquids I make)...are those that have flavorings in them that contain ethyl alcohol. I need to let the EA evaporate off...before I vape the eliquid, since it gives me a headache if I don't get rid of it. I just shake the heck out of the bottle to cause a bunch of little bubbles in it, and then leave the cap off it, several times a day, for 2-3 days. It's always "good to go" for me then.

I have heard though, from many DIYers who use tobacco flavorings in their recipes...that those do usually need some form of steeping. Since I don't use any tobacco flavorings at all though, that may very well be another reason mine are 98% "shake & vape".

Have made many recipes since starting DIY, and not a single one has been "flush worthy"! I do Bill's 100DT (100 drop test) for each new recipe I make, and tweak the small 3-5mL test batch until it exactly suits my own tastes. Then I make a larger batch based on any/all changes I made, and the notes I took on the changes, while doing the test. That way, I know before I even make the larger batch that it'll be exactly the way I want it to be! Works every single time.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread