Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Dammit this is so sad. :(

I understand it was necessary, but still so sad. So much history....

Oh well, in a hundred years no one will care (my life philosophy). :)

The thread rolls on GT. The old one is not going anywhere. It's just being closed and archived. We used to only close threads at 100K previously but by then they were a total bear to use, and most users were almost relieved when the thread finally got closed and a new one opened in it's stead. It's why folks like the Reo chat thread etc started closing and creating their own threads at around 50K.

Once we get this ball rolling, and turning over threads at every 15K post, history will continue to make itself because at the end of the day it's folks like you that give us our fondest memories of this thread and that my friend is never going away.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

I'd like to think that in a hundred years someone will stumble across this while looking up the old time forums, for research on e-cigs and how they got started. They will get drawn into our life stories and all the connections we've had in these pages. Kind of like reading a book. The Original Big Thread is the introduction and all these little off shoots will be the chapters. ;)

Good Morning GT. I know how you feel, I shed a tear remembering a few key things that happened in that 64,000 post thread.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The thread rolls on GT. The old one is not going anywhere. It's just being closed and archived. We used to only close threads at 100K previously but by then they were a total bear to use, and most users were almost relieved when the thread finally got closed and a new one opened in it's stead. It's why folks like the Reo chat thread etc started closing and creating their own threads at around 50K.

Once we get this ball rolling, and turning over threads at every 15K post, history will continue to make itself because at the end of the day it's folks like you that give us our fondest memories of this thread and that my friend is never going away.

Getting back at me for posting first, those 3 times, last night? :sneaky:

Good Lord! Are we starting to think alike?!? :shock: Does that mean I have to try .............. Huntsman?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Here is my quote of the week, General.

All due respect to Mr. Washington, who was the greatest military leader in our history, Mr. Jackson was the greatest field commander to ever walk the earth of any army. His tactics used in the Valley Campaign are still used today to train officers. I truly believe he had to die to preserve the Union. Had Jackson been at Gettysburg, Meade would have been routed on Day 2.

Many historians believe Stonewall was a great military commander. You have to think had he not been killed the South would have won. You wont find any historian who thought George Washington was a great military mind. Not even close.. Comparing the two is really apples and oranges. Washington got his ... kicked far more than he won. But let's be fair to the General. America had nearly zero war experience when the Revolution started (other than some skirmished with indians). It wasn't like we had any experienced war strategists. Washington rode alongside a Commander during the French-Indian War (who would be killed) for one battle and that made him the most qualified to lead the Revolution. Ordinarily, that would be laughable. The British were seasoned warriors and the mightiest military on Earth. We had no money to put together an army. The Americans were a joke...right down to its leader..."His Excellency' himself. The rest is history. And history will say George Washington was no great military mind. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But history will say he was the greatest leader of anything to walk the face of the Earth. Winning the Revolution was a one in a million shot. The General did it, not by his military prowess, but by sheer perseverance. This country started with some incredible DNA. Sadly, it has been diluted through the generations.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

LOL. We can still access the old thread. For all intents and purposes nothing really has changed except the post count. We can always just add 64,000 to know the real number.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'd like to think that in a hundred years someone will stumble across this while looking up the old time forums, for research on e-cigs and how they got started. They will get drawn into our life stories and all the connections we've had in these pages. Kind of like reading a book. The Original Big Thread is the introduction and all these little off shoots will be the chapters. ;)

Good Morning GT. I know how you feel, I shed a tear remembering a few key things that happened in that 64,000 post thread.

A hundred years from now people will probably look at e-cigs like we look at bloodletting. :)

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Chakris posted 2 days ago in a mega thread, not so far away:

Whoa! In your footnote, I wasn't sure which Prudence you were referring to so I had to look it up, but wow that must have been quite an experience to be taught by her. I just watched this video about her and it brought back a lot of memories for me. SOULJOURNS - PRUDENCE FARROW BRUNS, HER LIFE WITH TM AND MAHARISHI MAHESH YOGI

Wow, thanks for that link! I was aware she still lives in the area, but never knew about such a recent interview. IIRC, she mentioned some of her reasons for getting into TM before the course started, but not in such detail. Great interview.

And it seems we may have graduated HS the same year - Spirit of '76!

So, watching the entire interview, no time for a proper thread catch-up. Skimmed ahead to post 64K and jumped in on Part II to subscribe. Running late already and must head into Destin to start making Cobia jigs before the Cobia arrive this spring.

ETA: Before signing up for the course, I read a book about it as well. Turns out it was essentially the same technique just without the religious references. The course did try to explain what was happening and why it was called "Transcendental". I will say that I've never fallen asleep during TM, though.

Last edited:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
A part of me is in tears. :cry: So much love :wub: and just EVERYTHING in that old thread.
New memories will be made in this one and all the ones that follow. There will be ones that follow because that's just how we roll in the Army. You just can't shut us up :laugh:

So on that note:

WELCOME
to this next step in our adventure.​

Notice the Army green? ;)

I totally agree with the sad/glad
But on the glad note.
Good morning Army. It was 68 yesterday and 22 today. Oklahoma. Where the wind comes whipping down the plains.
Let's hope everyone hops on the new Army train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
You ever have one of these days?

Kingslayer_zpsbd76556b.png

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Yes, I believe it does.

I guess I will have to order some in about 2 months when I place my next order. :)

You ever have one of these days?

Kingslayer_zpsb035c8f7.png

Hmmmm can't say that I have. I don't feel like I'm a protector of anything anymore. I just go with the flow.....

I'm a good girl

Waiting for the pat on the head.... :laugh:

Um Edd.....that's not my head. :sneaky: :pervy:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I have to give it a try. Can't be any worse than Gollum...erm ... Sludge.

Now you're thinking like me. :)

Try it.. If you don't like it, try it again in a few weeks! If you still don't like it, trash or PIF it. ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have to give it a try. Can't be any worse than Gollum...erm ... Sludge.

Yes, you should try Huntsman (and any others you haven't tried yet). And while I thought Huntsman was pretty good, it is very different than anything else HHV does and I just do not see it in your wheelhouse. And don't tell GT it can't be worse than Sludge. I don't think he had either one above the other. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Now you're thinking like me. :)

Try it.. If you don't like it, try it again in a few weeks! If you still don't like it, trash or PIF it. ;)

Yes, you should try Huntsman (and any others you haven't tried yet). And while I thought Huntsman was pretty good, it is very different than anything else HHV does and I just do not see it in your wheelhouse. And don't tell GT it can't be worse than Sludge. I don't think he had either one above the other. :)

I think I can do a bit larger than a sample size. It won't hurt.......much. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread