Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That load was dropped due to a more important load that came in late yesterday, heading to Virginia. It's a Tarp Load, and it wasn't my turn to pull a tarp load, so I kinda got lost in the last minute shuffle. Supervisor approved a vacation day for today (at least I get paid, sort of) and call back when I think I would have returned from Charlotte (load I was dropped from) to pick my choice for tomorrow. Once again, not my fault. But at least the ones shuffling the loads around will try to give me a little something today....
Best of a bad situation Pops.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Mamaw works part-time, semi-retired. She is the Biscuit Maker at the local Chic-Fila. Just me at home (and the dogs, who are asleep). Might do a few minor repairs around the place today just to keep busy. Or take an old man nap ... :sleep:
Check the honey do list. I'm sure you'll find something to do.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Morning all. Grumpy here :/ woke up to a text that our bank screwed us over and we were overdrawn. Instead of a fun day planned with kids I get to deal with that and try to get it balanced til Friday [emoji35] this is not the first time they've done this and I'm so done. They like to hold all debits for days, take them out at once, at the same time as holding cash deposits for several more days so it goes negative all the time. It's cash there was no reason for it. Uggghhh
let me guess Chase Bank....
we had an account with them and they were notorious for that kind of action.... holding deposits for up to 3 days, 5 days if it was a friday after 3pm deposit...
amazing that it can take 3-5 days to get funds into your account but a debit card transaction occurs in minutes.... I even tested it, went to the atm checked balance, went to store, bought food, went back to bank and rechecked account and sure as anything, the funds were taken out... and it was about 8 minutes between spending and checking the account at the atm on the way home ....

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Robin, consider taking plenty of water, some food, extra batteries, fire starter, flashlights, first aid kit, and shelter. If I make a small trip, I have the appropriate bag that goes with me. I have water purification, fire starter, signal mirror, bug spray, knives, tarp, compass, sun screen...you name it, it's in there. The larger bag has even more stuff. You never know when it might come in handy.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
let me guess Chase Bank....
we had an account with them and they were notorious for that kind of action.... holding deposits for up to 3 days, 5 days if it was a friday after 3pm deposit...
amazing that it can take 3-5 days to get funds into your account but a debit card transaction occurs in minutes.... I even tested it, went to the atm checked balance, went to store, bought food, went back to bank and rechecked account and sure as anything, the funds were taken out... and it was about 8 minutes between spending and checking the account at the atm on the way home ....
First merit. We've had the account since 01 and they got sloppy for a while then got taken over and cleaned up for a long time. I can't deal with this stuff they've been doing this year though anymore, when you're living penny to penny you can't afford overdrafts and I'm very vigilant over the account just so that never happens, I check it all online every day.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Interstellar was as slow and as plodding as 2001 or 2010. Problem is there were great supporting roles - Anne Hathaway, John Lithgow, Michael Caine.... but the Lead was so weak. McConaughey literally sleep walked through a large majority of the movie. The FX was good but not groundbreaking by any stretch. Gerard Butler, Liam Neeson, even George Clooney would have been a better choice.
Dayum, Papaw you got my curiosity spiked; now I'm gonna have to watch it again (got it through iTunes). I must have been sleeping last time I watched it as I can't remember what it's about. Now I have to critique it. ;)

Watched 21 Jump Street and now know why it's not available in Thailand. It's about drugs in high school and "They don't have a drug problem in their schools." snicker, snicker, wink, wink ;)

Also watched the Looney Tunes movie Back in Action with Brendan Fraser, Jenna Elfman, Steve Martin just for laughs and it was just that - good for some laughs. Kind of neat how the RL characters can do the same crazy things that the cartoon ones do.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Better to have a couple of Margaritas ...
Sorry, Papaw, I know you don't drink any more - I thought I was quoting Hula and audit business. These tired eyes just ain't what they used to be.

Morning Army!!! Choc Chip cookies and sourdough bread today... Pics when finished. Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread