Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Army. Haven't been around lately, life is getting a little hectic. Work has become very unpredictable, and Daughter is having some serious health issues. Mamaw is till rock solid (that's what I like about her), but still, when it's your child you feel for them.
It is possible that the dog days of summer are ending in the Carolinas. We've had several days below 90*F this past week. Mornings are turning cool again, and it is a welcome relief from what has been a long, hot summer.
I decided to go ahead and take two vacation days and wrap them around the upcoming Labor Day weekend. That would make a five day mini-vacation, here at home. If the weather participates, I might actually get off my duff and try to catch up on a few small projects around here. Mamaw will probably help (i.e.- advise) with that.
Football is coming, and that is always a good thing. Love me some NFL Football.
Time to coffee up and face the day. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day, and a Great Weekend :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good Morning Army. Haven't been around lately, life is getting a little hectic. Work has become very unpredictable, and Daughter is having some serious health issues. Mamaw is till rock solid (that's what I like about her), but still, when it's your child you feel for them.
It is possible that the dog days of summer are ending in the Carolinas. We've had several days below 90*F this past week. Mornings are turning cool again, and it is a welcome relief from what has been a long, hot summer.
I decided to go ahead and take two vacation days and wrap them around the upcoming Labor Day weekend. That would make a five day mini-vacation, here at home. If the weather participates, I might actually get off my duff and try to catch up on a few small projects around here. Mamaw will probably help (i.e.- advise) with that.
Football is coming, and that is always a good thing. Love me some NFL Football.
Time to coffee up and face the day. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day, and a Great Weekend :)
Good morning Pop. Take care of your little girl Pop Pop.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Bronze had this completely covered! So I say congrats to all whom it pertains to.
wink.gif

Happy birthday Killer
Happy anniversary Killer and Mrs. Killer
Happy birthday Bronze
Happy anniversary Chak and Mama Chak
Happy Vaperversary April
Happy zero anniversary to Robin and Mr. Robin's fledgling.
Happy anniversary mom and dad...rest in peace.

And good morning Army. I think that covers it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I see my Achilles finally arrived in Wake Forest. Tracking said it was out for delivery but she just showed up and no Achilles. It's the Saturday mail chick and she's as lazy as it gets and refuses to deliver any packages of any size. So I have to wait for my regular weekday carrier on Monday. I don't know what she gets paid but it is too much.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Update: The mail chick came back and delivered my Achilles. It's a different mail chick this time. Apparently, not as lazy as the normal Saturday mail chick. Odd, I had to sign for it. This is my third Achilles and I did not have to sign for either of the first two. Whatever. I finally got it so I'm gonna coil her up and fill it up with some of that well-aged Legend. WooHoo!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
@Bronze - Cool! New shiny! Enjoy it.

@PapawBrett - I'll be adding your family to my prayers, for your daughter to make a speedy recovery.

@DavidOH - I saw that moon last night! Tonight it's fully full and is one of the supermoons of 2015. What a sight in the clear desert sky!

On the former home front, there were 4 showings scheduled in the next few days, and I just got notice of a 5th. After threats of lawyers and liens, negotiation has begun on the former buyer's earnest money. He proposed 0% to me, and 100% to him. I countered with 60% to me and 40% to him. He's gone silent. He's on the last few days of his vacation, and guess where? That's right - MY city. Life is so weird. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
@Bronze - Cool! New shiny! Enjoy it.

@PapawBrett - I'll be adding your family to my prayers, for your daughter to make a speedy recovery.

@DavidOH - I saw that moon last night! Tonight it's fully full and is one of the supermoons of 2015. What a sight in the clear desert sky!

On the former home front, there were 4 showings scheduled in the next few days, and I just got notice of a 5th. After threats of lawyers and liens, negotiation has begun on the former buyer's earnest money. He proposed 0% to me, and 100% to him. I countered with 60% to me and 40% to him. He's gone silent. He's on the last few days of his vacation, and guess where? That's right - MY city. Life is so weird. :)
Why only 60% Lori? What do you feel your odds are and who decides?

Good news on all the showings. Clearly you have an attractive house. Too bad you had to waste all that time with Mr. Fussy Pants.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Update: The mail chick came back and delivered my Achilles. It's a different mail chick this time. Apparently, not as lazy as the normal Saturday mail chick. Odd, I had to sign for it. This is my third Achilles and I did not have to sign for either of the first two. Whatever. I finally got it so I'm gonna coil her up and fill it up with some of that well-aged Legend. WooHoo!

probably cuz shes doing her job correctly :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Why only 60% Lori? What do you feel your odds are and who decides?

Good news on all the showings. Clearly you have an attractive house. Too bad you had to waste all that time with Mr. Fussy Pants.

From what I've been told by a real estate attorney who does the mediations, it's extremely unusual for the seller to get to keep all of the money. It only happens if it's absolutely clear that the buyer simply changed their mind. Our case is complicated by the back-ordered windows, even though that's completely out of our control. So my offer has to show "good faith negotiation" and that usually helps to reach an agreement. The lawyer said if it goes to mediation, pretty much no one gets what they want. So it's to both parties advantage to settle.

Odds with this guy, who is very aggressive and a bully, not so good that he will budge from him getting it all. Mediation is a coin toss. Maybe 50-50 that I will get some money. Justice is not so just. At least I won't make it easy. And there's always karma. ;)

Everyone on our side feels we will get an even better price! :toast:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
From what I've been told by a real estate attorney who does the mediations, it's extremely unusual for the seller to get to keep all of the money. It only happens if it's absolutely clear that the buyer simply changed their mind. Our case is complicated by the back-ordered windows, even though that's completely out of our control. So my offer has to show "good faith negotiation" and that usually helps to reach an agreement. The lawyer said if it goes to mediation, pretty much no one gets what they want. So it's to both parties advantage to settle.

Odds with this guy, who is very aggressive and a bully, not so good that he will budge from him getting it all. Mediation is a coin toss. Maybe 50-50 that I will get some money. Justice is not so just. At least I won't make it easy. And there's always karma. ;)

Everyone on our side feels we will get an even better price! :toast:
Well, then. Forget the $5 Mickey D's gift card then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread