Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Good Morning Army, and thank you for the note April (Yes, I get email alerts). I guess I just kinda crawled into my own little shell for a while...
I really don't like winter (or the arthritic pain it brings) but I have just about had enough of this summer. The heat and humidity just never let up in the Carolinas this year. I can't imagine living on the Southern Coast this year, y'all must've been roasted.
My daughter has been experiencing severe cluster-like headaches for years. She was diagnosed with a blood vein in the left side of her head that didn't form properly as she grew up. Surgery was an option, but they decided to try radiology instead. This mis-treatment has caused her partial paralysis on her right side. She drags her right foot when she walks, and can't use her right hand. (thankfully she's left handed). I come home from work and find her sitting on the back deck, staring off into the woods. An attractive 34 year old brunette, home, single, childless and now disabled. Yesterday I just walked up and said "Hey ! You do know there are still people who love you, right ?" Maybe this weekend I'll take Mamaw and Judy to Longhorn for supper...
11182135_10152647791076910_6509223120304040955_n_zpsg6mepmtv.jpg

Today begins my five day weekend. Mamaw has several projects in mind, of course, but I'll try to check in a little more frequently....

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

My continued prayers for your daughter :nun:
She is beautiful! Thank you for checking in, and thank you April for nudging him ;).

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Brett!! I'm glad you popped in, thanks. I am so sorry your daughter had a negative response to the surgery. Praying that it's transient and some time and therapy will get her back to moving around freely.

She didn't have surgery, they tried Radiology instead (still trying to figure that one out). It's the radiology she is having a negative response with. Her employer is kinda jerking her around on her disability, but she doesn't have any real debts at this time. FMLA will keep her job available for her. It's just that, after some of the stupid crap I did when I was younger and still be alive and productive, I now see her struggle so. She really is a nice person, to the point where her Mother encourages her "Sometimes you just have to be a .....*" at times. Seems unfair that she's had such terrible luck with men and health...

* five letter word that describes a female canine

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good Morning Army, and thank you for the note April (Yes, I get email alerts). I guess I just kinda crawled into my own little shell for a while...
I really don't like winter (or the arthritic pain it brings) but I have just about had enough of this summer. The heat and humidity just never let up in the Carolinas this year. I can't imagine living on the Southern Coast this year, y'all must've been roasted.
My daughter has been experiencing severe cluster-like headaches for years. She was diagnosed with a blood vein in the left side of her head that didn't form properly as she grew up. Surgery was an option, but they decided to try radiology instead. This mis-treatment has caused her partial paralysis on her right side. She drags her right foot when she walks, and can't use her right hand. (thankfully she's left handed). I come home from work and find her sitting on the back deck, staring off into the woods. An attractive 34 year old brunette, home, single, childless and now disabled. Yesterday I just walked up and said "Hey ! You do know there are still people who love you, right ?" Maybe this weekend I'll take Mamaw and Judy to Longhorn for supper...

Today begins my five day weekend. Mamaw has several projects in mind, of course, but I'll try to check in a little more frequently....

That is some tough stuff Pop. Cluster headaches...my neighbor had them. As awful a thing as anyone can have. He was an absolute disaster. I can't remember exactly what cured my neighbor. He had some kind of treatments...I think some kind of steroid regimen along with other stuff. But he got rid of them. He saw some doc here who specialized in cluster headaches and evidently has very good success in curing them. Your daughter's cause may be different...I don't know. But I have to believe there is a remedy for her. Just keep telling her you love her. And I imagine it is hell to watch your little girl in pain and would gladly transfer it from her to you if you could. Stay positive Pop. Keep trying to find a fix. Let me know if you want the name of my neighbor's doctor and I'll send it to you. The Raleigh-Durham area is a mecca of health research with all these dang universities, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies out here.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
She didn't have surgery, they tried Radiology instead (still trying to figure that one out). It's the radiology she is having a negative response with. Her employer is kinda jerking her around on her disability, but she doesn't have any real debts at this time. FMLA will keep her job available for her. It's just that, after some of the stupid crap I did when I was younger and still be alive and productive, I now see her struggle so. She really is a nice person, to the point where her Mother encourages her "Sometimes you just have to be a .....*" at times. Seems unfair that she's had such terrible luck with men and health...

* five letter word that describes a female canine

I'm so sorry to hear this. Keeping all of you in my prayers. I know what you mean about watching your kids' struggles. There's some factor that makes some folks resilient, and others less so. People who have frequent difficulties can get stuck thinking they deserve to suffer. They might not realize they think so. Makes it hard to start focusing on giving and receiving good things in life.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

Sometimes it seems like there's no justice in this world , that's a damned shame Brett . Hopefully you can locate a Doc that knows what to do about it . Keeping y'all in my prayers .

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Good morning!

Always, best of luck with the home repairs. We had a fire in our home in Seattle and it was a nightmare to deal with the insurance company. Then, promptly after they cut the check they cancelled our policy.

I hope this was something that happened in the far past April!

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Well, I'm certainly not going to disagree with you but there is another side to the story. Home insurance is wrought with fraud. Customers purposely destroying their own homes or lying on their claims, etc.. What they found is there is/was an industry out there of cheats and thieves making fraudulent claims. They are professional fraud barons taking advantage of the insurance companies. This is why the insurance companies are quick to dump policyholders after a claim is filed. The recidivism rates are high. So really, the insurance scam is fueled by both the insurance companies and the fraud barons.
LOL - like this dumbazz weirdo a couple of days ago in Hawaii….Imagine being the landlord having to make a claim on this. Dramatic video shows Hawaiian home being set ablaze - Houston Chronicle

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
I have no problem with other styles of vaping. As long as the person enjoys it...that's all that matters. ;)

Funny story, I started out as a fruit vaper. After about 6 months or a year, I tried one of Heather's NET's. I was hooked. Now it is strictly NET (Dragon's Fire to be exact) that has me in its grasp....Firmly.
Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa…..(I Luuuuurve this one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread