Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
just wondering... when does a soul begin?

Conception. Life itself is a Gift, too often overlooked. :nun:

why do we need teeth to drink beer?

So put your teeth in the 'other' glass and keep drinking ;)

Happy Thanksgiving Army. No Drama please, just Turkey, Football and old man naps today !:thumbs:

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving! It's a work day for me. We are having a nice potluck and hoping all those babies behave. About 5 of us will leave at the end of the shift and doing a little shopping. Eek! But my favorite yoga clothing store is having a sale that shouldn't be missed.

Eat well and enjoy your families!!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

th

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Following a resolution of Congress, President George Washington proclaimed Thursday the 26th of November 1789 a day of “public thanksgiving and prayer” devoted to “the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be.” Reflecting American religious practice, Presidents and Congresses from the beginning of the republic have from time to time designated days of fasting and thanksgiving (the Thanksgiving holiday we continue to celebrate in November was established by Abraham Lincoln during the Civil War and made into law by Congress in 1941).

Heritage Foundation

Thank you President's Washington and Lincoln.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
The only part of this I use is step #2. I went with off brand honey nut chex, stix pretzels, dry roasted peanuts and some microwave popcorn for the dry stuff. You can pour that topping on anything you want. Although I do add a touch of vanilla to it.:)

Chocolate Chex® Caramel Crunch

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Evening Army!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! No special meal here today, I did marinade some pork for Shawarmas later this week. I have to find some pita bread and lettuce...

Mixing a Tahini sauce tomorrow - I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Pics if it looks edible. :D

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Morning y'all, happy turkey day :) thankfully all I have to make is green bean casserole and bring the rolls. Having something like 30 adults really spreads the load out so no one ends up with too much to do. It'll be at my grandma's, will be bittersweet as I'm not sure it will happen like this ever again. Xoxoxo y'all, enjoy your families

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Morning y'all, happy turkey day :) thankfully all I have to make is green bean casserole and bring the rolls. Having something like 30 adults really spreads the load out so no one ends up with too much to do. It'll be at my grandma's, will be bittersweet as I'm not sure it will happen like this ever again. Xoxoxo y'all, enjoy your families
Take a moment to sit back and just watch.

Capture that memory and focus on it.

Really think about the sight you are seeing.

Even if it is chaos, you can capture that feeling and the snapshot in your mind.

That is something I try to do when it comes to having all the family around. I can close my eyes and bring that picture and feeling to mind when I look back at certain times. Especially when you know there aren't too many times like this that will happen in the future.

Enjoy your day!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Evening Army!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! No special meal here today, I did marinade some pork for Shawarmas later this week. I have to find some pita bread and lettuce...

Mixing a Tahini sauce tomorrow - I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Pics if it looks edible. :D
No turkeys in Bangkok?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
And after the meal there are leftovers galore.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yup, everyone brings their containers to take some home lol. Grandma would have nothing less than enough to feed 100
Your Granny is probably too young to remember but people who had to make ends meet through the Depression tend to shove food down your throat as much as they can. Meals weren't always easy to find then...even for the common man. So they learned to feast while the feasting was good before it goes all away. Another reason why they kept cash under their mattresses instead of putting it in a bank.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Your Granny is probably too young to remember but people who had to make ends meet through the Depression tend to shove food down your throat as much as they can. Meals weren't always easy to find then...even for the common man. So they learned to feast while the feasting was good before it goes all away. Another reason why they kept cash under their mattresses instead of putting it in a bank.
Yeah she was born in 33 and grew up pretty poor so I'm sure that's why. She saves everything, from bread bags to cool whip containers.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I dread the day that I have to go through either my Stepmom or MIL's stuff. Not only because they would have left our world, but because they hang on to everything! :shock:
Here's a tip that I used when I cleared out all of my Dad's junk after he died. I kept what I wanted (which there was a lot of tools and stuff), let my sis and bro sift through what they wanted. There was still a ton of stuff left so I took a bunch of boxes and threw multiple items in each box, put a super low price tag on it and had a garage sale. Only rule was they bought the contents of the entire box and had to take the whole thing. Man, did I thin it out in a hurry. My mom and Sis were impressed. So was I!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Here's a tip that I used when I cleared out all of my Dad's junk. I kept what I wanted (which there was a lot of tools and stuff), let my sis and bro sift through what they wanted. There was still a ton of stuff left so I took a bunch of boxes and threw multiple items in each box, put a super low price tag on it and had a garage sale. Only rule was they bought the contents of the entire box and had to take the whole thing. Man, did I thin it out in a hurry. My mom and Sis were impressed. So was I!
Great idea :)

With my stepmom's stuff, I am going to go through and take what I want. Furniture and house are being given to the neighbor that is more like a family to her. She was going to buy the house but Hubby and I feel that it should just be given to her. She does so very much for my Stepmom. :wub:

I know I am going to have a boat load of papers to go through. She hasn't done much about thinning things out since dad passed away. Still a lot of his stuff in there too. It is going to be soooooo very hard and emotional to sort through all of it. I won't have any help with hers. Her only son (my brother) passed away years ago. A year after Dad in fact. No other family besides my sister and she is just bad news and never stays in contact. Haven't heard from her in at least 10+ years.

MIL's stuff: there are a lot of kids that will be able to help with all that. We already are in the process of clearing out all the crap stuff in the garage. So it won't be too bad. She did take care of all her husbands stuff in the house after he passed.

Not the time to be talking about all this *sigh*

Time to call my daughter and wish her a happy birthday :D

Users who are viewing this thread