Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I think I've been reading too much the past couple days and I'm not used to reading a book any more. I have this terrible kink in my neck now. (Might be from the other night, reading too late after drinking a couple beers and falling asleep leaning over the book) Now that I finished it, maybe I'll get back to normal soon.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
TGIF! Having gorgeous days and cool nights here in the desert. My inner climate clock is utterly confused. A lifetime of big seasonal change conditioning is being undone. It's awesome!

This is Day 5 with the IPV D2, and so far this device is solid. vaping at or slightly above 20W seems to use more juice! I'm getting great flavor, and it feels like I'm also getting more nic. Makes sense - more juice per vape will be more nic I guess. So I vape a little less. May need to drop my nic a bit. We'll see.

Currently have three potential buyers interested in the house. Maybe something will happen there soon.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
TGIF! Having gorgeous days and cool nights here in the desert. My inner climate clock is utterly confused. A lifetime of big seasonal change conditioning is being undone. It's awesome!

This is Day 5 with the IPV D2, and so far this device is solid. Vaping at or slightly above 20W seems to use more juice! I'm getting great flavor, and it feels like I'm also getting more nic. Makes sense - more juice per vape will be more nic I guess. So I vape a little less. May need to drop my nic a bit. We'll see.

Currently have three potential buyers interested in the house. Maybe something will happen there soon.
Went to bed early last night and now I'm up early. Seems I can't get a full eight hours sleep if I try. :(
I know all about the body adjusting to climates. It took over a year to fully get accustomed to the weather here after moving from hot and dry SoCal. Hang in there.

Still no sign of the Subox Mini (or juice) - shipping on the 28th it'd have been here by now. Twelve days from China - wonder if it took a trip to the US first! Still hope for the weekend. We'll see.

Last edited:

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Had an odd encounter today. Picked up a few things at Home Depot. I was parked in the outer regions. Loading up the truck and I hear this lady on the other side talking to me. A heavyset, black lady...decently dressed and well spoken. I can't hear a thing she says. So I approach her car...carefully (I don't trust anyone). She sees I'm being careful and says, "I'm not a weirdo". I get to her window and she's crying. She's holding a credit card and said her ex (who lives nearby) punched her and she has her 8-month old baby in the back seat and needs to get back to Texas but doesn't have any money for gas and asked if I could give her some money and help her out because she was afraid. She said her credit card wasn't any good. I had lots of practice casing out people back in my undergrad days in Chicago where I encountered a lot of street bums. So I cased her using similar techniques (ask lots of questions, repeat them at different times, etc.). Where are you from, where are you going, why are you here, why can't your parents help you, has he hit you before (yes, he hits her frequently when she sees him), is the child his, blah, blah, blah. She answered all my questions crisply (between her tears) and never contradicted herself. I saw the welt on her arm where she said she got hit. I looked at her fuel gauge and it was barely above empty. I stared in her eyes and made sure she wasn't drunk or stoned. Her baby was crying in the back seat. It seemed legit but one never knows. If it was a con job then she did a good job. Basically, it boiled down to what I could live with. I couldn't live with myself knowing this desperate woman really needed help and I didn't do it...ESPECIALLY with a baby involved. I could live with myself if I found out she conned me (though I would be angry). So I gave her what cash I had in my wallet. Around $20 in 5's and 1's. And I almost NEVER have cash in my wallet. It was her lucky day. But before I gave it to her I was gonna get my two cents in. So I gave her a terse lecture about how that man was never gonna stop hitting her and she's being stupid for coming here. I was honest and told her I cared most about the security of her baby (which was true). I told her at least four times with stern voice, "GO HOME, AND NEVER COME BACK HERE"! I gave her the cash, held her hand and said good luck, godspeed...go home! She thanked me while still crying. I left but hung around a shopping center across the street to see what she would do. Sure enough, she went to the gas station and was putting gas in her car. $20 wont get her back to Texas but it will get her started. She said her parents were working to get her money for gas on her way home.

I know being hard on her isn't very nice but with a baby the last place anyone needs to be is with an abuser. Anywhere else has to be a better place. I know my terse lecture wont mean a hill of beans to her, but if by small chance it put any fear into her then it would have been worth it. At least for the baby's sake. I hope she is OK.

God bless you, Bronze. Ya did the right thing.

Bronze, that was real nice of you. There are so many now that will lie about that stuff. I had a guy do that to me at the library a few years ago. He was driving a Lexus or something like that. Gave me a sob story. He wanted my address to pay me back. HA. I never got a penny back. It was for his kid's medication. This is the kind of thing where you want to help people, but not crooks. If they are really in need, I can just give them a few bucks. He got like 20 from me. I thought well I will get it back, he seems well to do. The funny thing is, I drive an old truck, and am not well off by any wild stretch of the imagination. But I wouldn't be able to live with myself, if someone really needed help, and I said no. I have given small amounts of money to different people over the years. Not as much now, as in the past. A friend said why are you doing that? They could just go to the homeless shelter and get food, or whatever. But I deep down thought it was a religious test. I did not want to disappoint. The way things are now, so many will prey on people who have a good decent heart. I think you did the right thing. I hope she was not telling you a big lie. Regardless you had to follow your heart. Let her live with the guilt if she lied. You will sleep better tonight regardless.

I totally agree with you. Although I try not to be a patsy for obvious con artists, I usually figure that if they're lying, it's on their heads; if they're not . . . "the Lord loves a cheerful giver."

That was nice of you, Bronze. :thumb:
There are lots of folks who would take advantage of you. I've been there too, it's hard to trust some folks.

Mama Chak is always on my case for giving change to beggars here. A lot of times they are homeless kids or other unfortunates that are being forced into it by a pimp (for lack of a better word). He or she gets most of the cash and the kids see next to nothing.

So I ask her how can you tell if they're working for someone else. She says, you can't unless you follow them all day; that's why I never give any of them money. My reply is, at least my heart is in the right place and the man upstairs is watching me. The Thais would say they are making merit for the next life; guess I'm making it for the life hereafter.

Storing up treasure in heaven, Chak . . . :thumb:

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
I really feel blessed to be a part of this group. Where did you guys come from, hehe. Thanks to everyone for the love, its not usually this way anywhere I've ever been, except with my now current family (wife & kids).
I'm happy to be a part of what goes on here, even if it's just a small corner of the virtual world.
Did I find this group by chance? I'd hate to think it's all just a roll of the dice without anything else playing into it.

Anyway, it's refreshing to be in place filled with positive emotions [emoji4]

Sent from my  ☏

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I really feel blessed to be a part of this group. Where did you guys come from, hehe. Thanks to everyone for the love, its not usually this way anywhere I've ever been, except with my now current family (wife & kids).
I'm happy to be a part of what goes on here, even if it's just a small corner of the virtual world.
Did I find this group by chance? I'd hate to think it's all just a roll of the dice without anything else playing into it.

Sent from my  ☏

It's great for us that you found us and decided to linger here! I feel the same way as you do about being here. I stopped in for HHV flavor recommendations back in April 2014. It's such a lovely group, I stuck around too. This gang is the real deal.

I don't remember if anyone said this yet! Welcome to the HHV Army! :)

(Be warned that The General, aka @Bronze, may order you to drop and give him 20. It's just how we get welcomed around here sometimes.) :thumbs:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014

Sent from my  ☏

I know what you mean. I am thrilled to have you join us! I started vaping Oct 31st of last year. I quit smoking 3 days before that, I believe it was. I found these good people not that long after I joined. They still let me hang around too. :vapor:

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Oh, sure. NOW you tell me. ;)

Young folks! Save yourselves!!! :lol:
Bwahahahahahahaaaaaa. I'm too immature to have children and I like it that way. Then I get all the XBoxes, i-Thingies 1 through 900 and great clothes for Christmas too.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
:facepalm: You are incorrigible sometimes Calve. He's joking y'all. I know...hard to tell sometimes. :facepalm:
We know - I lurv Calve's dry sense of humor! Oh! Has he dared tell ya to get in the kitchin and mek his dinner yet? :lol: (Yep, I'm old, but I still have a memory like a steel trap). :D

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
By chance? I think not. You see,...Heather makes magic potions that only good decent wonderful people get addicted to, and then we haul ya in nice 'n slow like.:evil: I just think it's brilliant that you got through it all, and now have a family fitting for the love you have to give, real and virtual :D

Sent from my  ☏

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
By chance? I think not. You see,...Heather makes magic potions that only good decent wonderful people get addicted to, and then we haul ya in nice 'n slow like.:evil: I just think it's brilliant that you got through it all, and now have a family fitting for the love you have to give, real and virtual :D

I'll say it again, my dear. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you! :wub:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's great for us that you found us and decided to linger here! I feel the same way as you do about being here. I stopped in for HHV flavor recommendations back in April 2014. It's such a lovely group, I stuck around too. This gang is the real deal.

I don't remember if anyone said this yet! Welcome to the HHV Army! :)

(Be warned that The General, aka @Bronze, may order you to drop and give him 20. It's just how we get welcomed around here sometimes.) :thumbs:
That's Chak that barks out that order. He's mean!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I know what you mean. I am thrilled to have you join us! I started vaping Oct 31st of last year. I quit smoking 3 days before that, I believe it was. I found these good people not that long after I joined. They still let me hang around too. :vapor:
We let Hula hang around more than three years which proves we'll let anyone hang around.

Our motto is, "We've upped our standards around here so up yours". :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
That's Chak that barks out that order. He's mean!

Uh huh. Yer honor, I submit into evidence Exhibit UY below.

We let Hula hang around more than three years which proves we'll let anyone hang around.

Our motto is, "We've upped our standards around here so up yours". :)

Who's mean? :D

Users who are viewing this thread