Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Got myself some Island whatchamacallit with the rum, pineapple, coconut, from HHV today, along with 100 ml Gaia and Serendipity - had a $34.00 points credit on the books! Wow! I don't wanna hear any more grumbles about HHV being expensive. 230 ml at 27 cents a ml….I bet you can barely get away with that with DIY!
Agree!

Good morning Army. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
TGIF everyone! Hi @always9988! This is my fly by. :)

I share the disdain for hysteria discussed here. Emotional outbursts waste time & energy. It doesn't help anything. It's not limited to women either. My ex was like that. Ugh.
Agree. This doesn't have anything to do with her being female. It's just her born personality and she's had it from day one before she ever had a spike in hormones and she still has it decades after a hysterectomy. She is simply highly emotional in every direction and it is totally unpredictable. I've seen her explode in a sudden fit of rage over the smallest things. She can also get hysterically happy. Or she gets real nasty. She's all over the map. Add that her head is made of rock and she does not see it and has no chance of changing. Living with that is like walking on pins and needles all the time. I can't do it. The only time I get hysterical is when someone else is being hysterical and the only remedy is to remove myself from it. I cannot muster hysteria on my own.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Agree. This doesn't have anything to do with her being female. It's just her born personality and she's had it from day one before she ever had a spike in hormones and she still has it decades after a hysterectomy. She is simply highly emotional in every direction and it is totally unpredictable. I've seen her explode in a sudden fit of rage over the smallest things. She can also get hysterically happy. Or she gets real nasty. She's all over the map. Add that her head is made of rock and she does not see it and has no chance of changing. Living with that is like walking on pins and needles all the time. I can't do it. The only time I get hysterical is when someone else is being hysterical and the only remedy is to remove myself from it. I cannot muster hysteria on my own.

Me neither. Blaming this stuff on hormones would be an insult to hormones. :)

When you boil it down, it's a bad habit. People learn early that it will get them attention, control or whatever. So they keep doing it. And they have a talent for latching onto people who hate conflict and have a low sense of their own worth. Those who will do whatever it takes to keep the peace. And who will not realize that there's never any peace around people like that!

I'm just glad I had enough sense of worth to remove myself.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Me neither. Blaming this stuff on hormones would be an insult to hormones. :)

When you boil it down, it's a bad habit. People learn early that it will get them attention, control or whatever. So they keep doing it. And they have a talent for latching onto people who hate conflict and have a low sense of their own worth. Those who will do whatever it takes to keep the peace. And who will not realize that there's never any peace around people like that!

I'm just glad I had enough sense of worth to remove myself.
You hit the nail on the head. My buddy is non confrontational and a low sense of worth. It isn't that her hysteria doesn't bother him...it does and plenty. But he just doesn't confront it with the force it needs. One day he is gonna tell her to fly a kite and he's gonna be gone. That is not healthy either. Non confrontational people don't have a lot of middle ground. It would be best if he would just tell her to stuff it when she gets squirrely. When a dog shows its teeth people tend not to screw with that dog.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
I have no idea

Why drag Urlacher into this converation ? ;)
Urlacher.jpg

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
The shingles and roofing supplies have been delivered. I went outside to meet him, and tell him that I have two very large dogs. One would want to play, the other wants to kill. So I would be out there just in case the wife inadvertently let them out.
No problems, supplies unloaded and the driver took his 'pig' (piggy-back forklift, you see them on the end of building supply delivery trucks) back to his 28' flatbed. Once he was safely in the cul-de-sac, and well outside the invisible fence, Mamaw and Judy came out with the dogs. I stayed about thirty feet from the house, redirecting the mutts back towards them house.
"I think that guy is talking to you..." Mamaw says. So I turn to look, and the driver has climbed up into his 'pig' lift while it is secured three feet off the ground to the back of his trailer.
"Can I come down now ?" he asks
"Oh yea, I've got an eye on them." Then I just motion towards the two dogs and say, "Look at 'em, they're just puppies."
"Yea, right." the driver half-mumbles as he scrambles to the safety of his truck cab.
I really don't understand what the big deal is, they are just a couple of big sissy-babies to me.
IMG_20131107_180120_zps1ofzqiha.jpg

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
TGIF everyone! Hi @always9988! This is my fly by. :)

I share the disdain for hysteria discussed here. Emotional outbursts waste time & energy. It doesn't help anything. It's not limited to women either. My ex was like that. Ugh.

It's also dangerous. It can cause blood vessels in the brain to break leaking precious fluids into the gray matter.

The shingles and roofing supplies have been delivered. I went outside to meet him, and tell him that I have two very large dogs. One would want to play, the other wants to kill. So I would be out there just in case the wife inadvertently let them out.
No problems, supplies unloaded and the driver took his 'pig' (piggy-back forklift, you see them on the end of building supply delivery trucks) back to his 28' flatbed. Once he was safely in the cul-de-sac, and well outside the invisible fence, Mamaw and Judy came out with the dogs. I stayed about thirty feet from the house, redirecting the mutts back towards them house.
"I think that guy is talking to you..." Mamaw says. So I turn to look, and the driver has climbed up into his 'pig' lift while it is secured three feet off the ground to the back of his trailer.
"Can I come down now ?" he asks
"Oh yea, I've got an eye on them." Then I just motion towards the two dogs and say, "Look at 'em, they're just puppies."
"Yea, right." the driver half-mumbles as he scrambles to the safety of his truck cab.
I really don't understand what the big deal is, they are just a couple of big sissy-babies to me.

I love big dogs, I don't consider anything under a foot and a half a dog. The first dog I remember was a big black labrador named Pops. He was so gentle with us kids and took a lot of sh_ _ from us, don't get me wrong we treated him good. It's just that we wanted to ride him and he'd have nothing to do with that. He'd shake us off and go find somewhere to hide.

The next dog I remember was a black & white spaniel named Chipper. He was my uncle's dog but he couldn't stay with him because he would get into fights all the time and even bite people. We got him because we had a lot of open land where he could run and hunt. I believe my uncle was thinking about training him for duck hunting because he loved the water.

Users who are viewing this thread