Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
was thinking about..... self driving cars... the general public wont accept them.. why do you ask??
self driving cars will be a "robot" in some sense and the 3 rules will have to kick in...
the SDC will be designed to follow the speed limit...
80% of drivers today consistantly drive over the speed limit...
therefore... 80% of the drivers will go bananas while the car putts along at the speed limit...
and GPS's will have to become very accurate along with the mapping system...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've read good things about this site. Earth's #1 source for IMR 18650 Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com So last night I ordered a Nitecore D4 digital charger and 4 Sony VTC5 batteries. Good thing on the charger cause I'm using my old Trustfire charger now. The Intellicharger i2 isn't fully charging the batteries now. Not sure whats wrong but I don't trust it anymore.
I had a Trustfire too. A dual slot charger. One of the slots went wonky. I replaced it with an Xtar which has worked nicely. Those nitecores are still popular too.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I got the locking ring off KK , but it binds on both the 650 and the 350 tubes , so it's the ring itself thats gone bad . If I wanna mess with it I'll order an Infinite Stingray clone and scavenge it for parts . They used the same threading as the original from what I understand , but I'm not really gonna bother with it . I still have a Panzer , Stingray X , Provari and SVD to run my Roses on . I might grab a Radius if I get done buying REO's . :)
And that would be an expensive tap to buy if you wanted to clean up those threads, What kind of material is it made from ret?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
After about a year, I'm finally able to get back on the Provari site. I was checking out the Radius just for fun. Those look kind of neat.
They finally broke down and offered a box mod since that is where the market moved. They've sold a ton of those things. Again, not for the mega power crowd (though it does put out 40 watts).

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
They finally broke down and offered a box mod since that is where the market moved. They've sold a ton of those things. Again, not for the mega power crowd (though it does put out 40 watts).
If I were in the market for a new mod, that one would be at the top of the list. But I'm not so it ain't

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Stalingrad is hard to watch imho (and not just because my people were (rightfully so!) on the losing side).
But a nice line-up :)

So, tootling on my KM3 on a 1.3 Ohm on my Provari in 18350 mode since lunch - and loving it.
It looks right, it vapes right, it tastes right :)

Only thing that might bother me eventually is that gap I have with every atty I put on the Provari.
I could probably make it go away with my Tiles, but with the KM3 I don't have any idea how I could "lower" that positive pin into the negative 510 post.
Any of you Provari-nuts ( :D ) have any idea? :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Stalingrad is hard to watch imho (and not just because my people were (rightfully so!) on the losing side).
But a nice line-up :)

So, tootling on my KM3 on a 1.3 Ohm on my Provari in 18350 mode since lunch - and loving it.
It looks right, it vapes right, it tastes right :)

Only thing that might bother me eventually is that gap I have with every atty I put on the Provari.
I could probably make it go away with my Tiles, but with the KM3 I don't have any idea how I could "lower" that positive pin into the negative 510 post.
Any of you Provari-nuts ( :D ) have any idea? :)
I put a KM3 on a beveled P2.5 last night and see that gap you're talking about. It's slight but just enough to bother me. I can't think off the top of my head how to get rid of that gap. That center pin on the KM3 I believe runs up into the airflow grub screw. So it might be possible to tighten the airflow screw and the center pin will follow but then the airflow is not where you want it. I could be wrong. Haven't thought it all the way through yet. Try posting on the KM3 thread. I'm guessing AstroTurf has been in this spot.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Well, I'm making myself ignore that gap for now.

I don't think I can screw that positive pin in any further even if I removed that AFC screw. It's the insulator in the 510 threading that "holds" the screw. And I don't want to tinker with that insulator (nor do I want to sand off that mm from the screw).

I just live with it - and go on to sample Serendipity now :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, I'm making myself ignore that gap for now.

I don't think I can screw that positive pin in any further even if I removed that AFC screw. It's the insulator in the 510 threading that "holds" the screw. And I don't want to tinker with that insulator (nor do I want to sand off that mm from the screw).

I just live with it - and go on to sample Serendipity now :)
That's kinda where I'm at with it. It works, it doesn't suck, I'll revisit it someday but that day is not today. :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
And that would be an expensive tap to buy if you wanted to clean up those threads, What kind of material is it made from ret?
It's stainless steel . I'd go the Infinte clone route for parts if I decide to mess with it . I had picked up a bottle of ammonia , and was gonna play with a forced patina on it , that's the main reason I'm miffed about it .

Reactions: DavidOH

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's stainless steel . I'd go the Infinte clone route for parts if I decide to mess with it . I had picked up a bottle of ammonia , and was gonna play with a forced patina on it , that's the main reason I'm miffed about it .
Crap! Was hoping it was brass or something soft. You could run to a hardware store with a big selection of machine screws, find the right size, and thread it on your ring. Many times that cleans up the threads and it wouldn't cost you anything. Your stainless will be too hard of a material to do that. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread