Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good Morning Army. What ever happened to "an honest day's pay for an honest day's work" ? Bronze, I feel for ya, buddy. These cheap little shysters who sit on their butts and try to find ways to steal online disgust me. At least in the old days, if you caught a thief you could mash their head in with something. There is another scam, one someone tried with me, where they call you posing as the IRS. I really do think the act of "sharing information" by major corporations (TWC, for example) should be declared a violation of your right to privacy. But that would make too much sense for these modern times....
Sorry, too early for an old man rant.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)
I've already envisioned catching the punk who did this with my hands around his throat squeezing hard and watching him die while I spit in his face. :)

Good morning Army.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Hope you get to keep your e-mail addy Bronze.

I wonder why or what your ISP does to prevent this.
It seems odd that one e-mail addy can still be bombarded like that. That sounds like ten years ago.
I run my own mail server setup and there's a number of (quite industry standard) mechanisms that are at work that prevent such a thing to happen - rate-limiting, grey- and blacklisting, spam detection just to name the most common.
I don't want to go into any detail but imho you should give them (whoever's providing your e-mail services) a call and let'em know that you're being bombarded and why in the world they do nothing against it.

The worst that would happen on my sys if someone would pull off a thing like that is that the first hundred messages or so would end up in a spam-folder so it won't clog up my Inbox, after a while the sending machines would end up on a blacklist somewhere in the world which my server would check against. So eventually he would deny talking to them at all...
And that's not voodoo or something special - I thought everyone was doing it by now :)

...and good morning army - and TGIW(ednesday) when there's a holiday the next day :D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hope you get to keep your e-mail addy Bronze.

I wonder why or what your ISP does to prevent this.
It seems odd that one e-mail addy can still be bombarded like that. That sounds like ten years ago.
I run my own mail server setup and there's a number of (quite industry standard) mechanisms that are at work that prevent such a thing to happen - rate-limiting, grey- and blacklisting, spam detection just to name the most common.
I don't want to go into any detail but imho you should give them (whoever's providing your e-mail services) a call and let'em know that you're being bombarded and why in the world they do nothing against it.

The worst that would happen on my sys if someone would pull off a thing like that is that the first hundred messages or so would end up in a spam-folder so it won't clog up my Inbox, after a while the sending machines would end up on a blacklist somewhere in the world which my server would check against. So eventually he would deny talking to them at all...
And that's not voodoo or something special - I thought everyone was doing it by now :)

...and good morning army - and TGIW(ednesday) when there's a holiday the next day :D
My ISP was the first one I contacted. They waved a white flag and told me to call Windows Live Email. They wanted to charge me $369 to clean it up. That was the end of that conversation. Seems like my email is shut down now.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
sorry to hear that
I just got off the phone with them again. Essentially they are sending this to their war room because this is the first time they have seen a bombardment of this nature. They probably want to protect their other customers too. They said they will investigate this issue and report back to me in no more than 7 days. Meanwhile, I have to figure out a workaround since that email account is essentially worthless to me until I hear further.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Bronze, I'm so sorry to hear this is happening to you. I cannot stand people who do this kind of thing. I would print off any email you have to have, or copy it. I would close the email account, and open a new one. But that means you would have to do a whole lot of email changes at various places, which would be a total pia. If you can make an alias through your email provider, do so. Put almost everything on your alias. Save the real deal for your most important email. You think more could be done about this. I think they want to force us to go to some kind of biometric in the future. (not to mention a cashless society) This is a good reason not to. If your biometrics could be hacked, you are up the proverbial creek. Now they have skimmers and all kinds of goodies, to take advantage of people. It is sickening.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
KK, I may close that account eventually. For now, they want to monitor it and see what they can find. The hacking is limited to the one email address. I'm not worried about it anywhere else on my computer. This is just some lowlife who is spam bombing my one account. As Dust said, probably some punk who makes 10 cents per thousand emails or something. I'm not overly concerned about further damage at this point. I haven't opened any of those emails and don't plan to. In fact, I don't even bring that account up. The emails I have kept are put in folders and they are safe. Only my inbox on that one account is messed.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
Piece of cake huh ? Congrats and welcome to Reoville ! :thumbs:
Yeah, not too bad. Some prior research on this forum and YouTube, as well as help from folks like you, and all is good. Need to do some more fiddling with coil placement relative to air hole location but I'll sort that in short order. Thanks @retic1959!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
My ISP was the first one I contacted. They waved a white flag and told me to call Windows Live Email. They wanted to charge me $369 to clean it up. That was the end of that conversation. Seems like my email is shut down now.
369$ ! Tell'm 369 is the number of complaints you'll make to the BBB about them !

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Yeah, not too bad. Some prior research on this forum and YouTube, as well as help from folks like you, and all is good. Need to do some more fiddling with coil placement relative to air hole location but I'll sort that in short order. Thanks @retic1959!
I drilled my RM2 out slightly for just a tad more airflow , it's easy to do , brass is soft , also you'll wanna cut a notch in the bottom of your juice feed tube to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the bottle , BTW what you got it loaded with ?

Checked it and it was a 1/16 bit that I used on the RM2 , it's still a tight draw but coil placement is a less critical with a little more flow .

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Bloodsuckers huh , !? Do you have options as far as ISP's go ?
This wasn't the ISP. It was the Windows Live Mail dude (supposedly). My ISP initially said it was a Windows Live problem. So she gave me a phone number to call and I got this dude. So I wonder if he was with Windows Live. I got in his ear in a big way as soon as he said he could fix it for $369. I'm sure I put him on his heels and then he came down to $199. I knew it was a scam then.

My ISP didn't say it would take 7 days, they said 7 days would be the longest. Probably depends on their schedule and the depth/seriousness of the problem. I got the impression they were pretty concerned with this one because of the volume of emails and that I was the first they saw of this. I'm already down from 1,000/hour to 103/hour. It has come own 90%. Is it because the spammer is running out of gas or the ISP is picking them off I don't know.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I was thinking I wish I could have a sorting feature on my email software. I could sort by domain name to find the multiples and start blocking them. Eventually I'd get them all. The 50 or so random ones I looked at all had different email addresses. Or it least it looked that way (can't remember 50 email addresses at once).

Users who are viewing this thread