Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Evening Army, or should I say, Good Sunday Morning?

Spent 4 hours hanging round the state run hospital with Mama this afternoon only to find out that they didn't know what's going on. The last couple days we've noticed her speech getting slower and more slurred also I saw that she sometimes has difficulty grasping things off the table (slightly impaired mortar skills). However, blood test came back negative, CT scan also didn't show anything new. So they sent us home with some meds to relieve dizziness and some saline drink mix. Their thinking she hasn't been active enough to get blood circulating properly and suggested we try physical therapy (we're already doing that to a degree). But how active can you be with a busted leg bone at the hip. We're stumped and she's miserable about it.

After getting her to bed I've been listening to Whoever's Got Talent, The X Factor, The Voices around the world, etc, etc trying to relax a bit and now feel tired enough to actually get some sleep. Huntsman and Legend have been helpful in this too.

Thoughts and prayers for Mama Chak would most definitely be welcome. I believe there's nothing more we can do but leave it in His hands. We'll see what tomorrow has in store.

Night Army. Have a safe and blessed Memorial Day weekend.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Chak, my thoughts and prayers are with Mama Chak, and you too.

I got a very short surprise visit from my son. He brought his girlfriend. She is the first one he has ever brought to meet family. We had a long lunch, then he had to take her to visit with other family too. My daughter also came to the lunch. It was such a pleasure to see them together. The girlfriend seemed nice. (thank goodness)

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.

Spent 4 hours hanging round the state run hospital with Mama this afternoon only to find out that they didn't know what's going on. The last couple days we've noticed her speech getting slower and more slurred also I saw that she sometimes has difficulty grasping things off the table (slightly impaired mortar skills). However, blood test came back negative, CT scan also didn't show anything new. So they sent us home with some meds to relieve dizziness and some saline drink mix. Their thinking she hasn't been active enough to get blood circulating properly and suggested we try physical therapy (we're already doing that to a degree). But how active can you be with a busted leg bone at the hip. We're stumped and she's miserable about it.

After getting her to bed I've been listening to Whoever's Got Talent, The X Factor, The Voices around the world, etc, etc trying to relax a bit and now feel tired enough to actually get some sleep. Huntsman and Legend have been helpful in this too.

Thoughts and prayers for Mama Chak would most definitely be welcome. I believe there's nothing more we can do but leave it in His hands. We'll see what tomorrow has in store.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

Dam , that sucks. Thoughts and prayers to you and Mama Chak .

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Happy Saturday! Hope that useless jerk gets what he deserves Bronze, and hope that the attack is over soon. It sounds like it may be drying up with the "trickle" of emails coming in to that account now.

Definitely excited to see the review of Double Trouble when you get a good handle on it, David.

I picked up a dripbox kit yesterday to have a "don't care if I drop it" squonk mod, especially during the move. So far I'm not super impressed with the included atty but that can always be swapped with something better. I suppose if I was still crazy about "cloud chasing" this wouldn't be a terrible atty, but for flavor vaping it's pretty average.

I got my order of HHV in the mail yesterday too. I'm excited to get them steeped and finally be done with these subpar juices that I've been using over the past little while.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Memorial Day weekend!
What HHV did you get Chimps?

Reactions: DavidOH

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Sending prayers for healing for Mama Chak.

@woita - Yes, we sure did stop them! First with limits on the server resources to limit the DDoS ability to consume them. The app had an internal firewall already stopping them, and we blocked the networks responsible at the server level. The script was failing to get in, but it kept hammering anyway. Clearly just a malicious intent - couldn't get in, so they try to bring it down.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks to all of you for your prayers & thoughts, Mama Chak is feeling better this morning, but hasn't said much, so it's hard to say if that's better or not....
I like the idea of her moving around Chakster. I know her hip is all screwed up but she can move her arms around. Give her some small weights and have her do some exercises. You have to have a couple rocks laying around that place somewhere. Push her a little. She needs to get her heart and body activated.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Sending prayers for healing for Mama Chak.

@woita - Yes, we sure did stop them! First with limits on the server resources to limit the DDoS ability to consume them. The app had an internal firewall already stopping them, and we blocked the networks responsible at the server level. The script was failing to get in, but it kept hammering anyway. Clearly just a malicious intent - couldn't get in, so they try to bring it down.
I've been trying to help BK get rid of Windows and make the move to Linux Mint , I think running XP these days is an invitation to trouble .

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Whoa, 20% off! Wish I needed some juice...
I've been looking for a good raspberry pipe tobacco juice , the Framboise et Vanille I got from them the last time had just a tiny hint of raspberry along with the strongest tobacco punch of any NET I've tried . Hopefully the balance is better on this one , I ordered it .:)
Glazed Raspberry

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I've been trying to help BK get rid of Windows and make the move to Linux Mint , I think running XP these days is an invitation to trouble .

You're right about that! It's crazy out in the wild Internet these days. And servers for websites are far from immune. Cheap hosts run on outdated insecure software!

IPs were blocked on that client's server, but it's like playing wack a mole. They switch to another IP address and start up again.

When I had my home alarm system put in the sales guy said, "Let's face it - if someone really wants to get in bad enough, they will find a way. Best we can do is make it hard and hope they move on." It's like that with computers.

Old school tech is not immune either. Like that ongoing phone scam where the crooks call up and pretend to be a relative. "Grandma? I need help! I'm stuck in (wherever) and need money to get home. Can you please wire me $$$? And don't tell my parents because I'm not supposed to be here." Folks have lost thousands to that one. We just have to be smart.

Users who are viewing this thread