Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Well there is good news, and bad news. The good news is, my ac can limp along for a time more. The bad news is, I am going to need a new one. The price of those things are just crazy. I'm not able to get a new one. So it looks like I may end up borrowing a window ac unit, to help out. This ac unit is 18 years old. I am going to have to revisit the thought of moving. I want to, but it isn't so easy. I have to put stuff in storage, and get rid of a bunch of stuff, and move in to some place that will not cost a fortune, that is fairly safe, and will allow my pets. I also want to move into a more rural environment eventually.
What size are you looking at KKay? If your present unit is that old, chances are you will be able to find one that is more of an energy saver. And oil isn't going to stay at $35-45 a barrel forever. As to the move, I know what you mean! You're sort of locked in until you've sold your own place, but meanwhile you have to pay the mortgage and a rent and storage fees. By the time you're done, and the realtor has his commission, you're nearly wiped out of any gains you ever had! Hang in there my girl!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Really just depends on your prefernces David. I prefer a laptop, because most smart phones can do what a tablet does, and you get a bigger screen and proper keyboard. Bought a 950.00 HP laptop just over a year ago and then had to send it to HP to be mended after 5 months. However, their customer service in that particular department was very good - just make absolutely sure you register the machine. So, while it was being repaired I got a spare - an HP Pavilion - 380.00 bucks 1 TB storage, bought memory to upgrade that. And I like it better than the one that cost twice as much. Also Cowboom has some decent used models for a decent price. May have to buy an OS for it though. Bought a Gateway laptop from them years ago and it ran like a champ - I already happened to have a copy of Win7 at that time. However, I don't do much with mine - MS Office work, surfin' the web. Save family photos and so on. If you're a gamer however, then you're looking for a whole different bag of tricks. Good luck!!
buy an OS ? What for ? To hell wid dat ! Download one . :)
Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" - Cinnamon (64-bit) - Linux Mint

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Really just depends on your prefernces David. I prefer a laptop, because most smart phones can do what a tablet does, and you get a bigger screen and proper keyboard. Bought a 950.00 HP laptop just over a year ago and then had to send it to HP to be mended after 5 months. However, their customer service in that particular department was very good - just make absolutely sure you register the machine. So, while it was being repaired I got a spare - an HP Pavilion - 380.00 bucks 1 TB storage, bought memory to upgrade that. And I like it better than the one that cost twice as much. Also Cowboom has some decent used models for a decent price. May have to buy an OS for it though. Bought a Gateway laptop from them years ago and it ran like a champ - I already happened to have a copy of Win7 at that time. However, I don't do much with mine - MS Office work, surfin' the web. Save family photos and so on. If you're a gamer however, then you're looking for a whole different bag of tricks. Good luck!!

I'm thinking about getting Chromecast.($35) All I'm interested in doing at the moment is sending something from the PC to my receiver which will then go to the TV. And there's a number of ways to do it. I just have to decide which one I want to use. Laptop, tablet, Chromecast, or new wireless Blu-ray. Any one will do the job as long as it has an hdmi out port. I have a habit of over thinking these things.o_O

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Exactly. I don't know the size, as I'm not in the market for a new one. It isn't very big. My mother was quoted over $8,000 dollars for a new one. These things don't last much more than 15 years these days. The price for one is close to triple the price, back when I bought mine. You could have a nice car, for what they want for this. My vehicle is 15 years old. The money I paid for it, now goes to health insurance. So more than likely, I'll drive it as long as I can.

Anyway, lots of people are hurting these days financially. I know I'm not the only one. The price of rent here is through the roof. I'm going to have to think this over carefully. It is a big decision for me.

QUOTE="Hulamoon, post: 18475439, member: 91304"]What size are you looking at KKay? If your present unit is that old, chances are you will be able to find one that is more of an energy saver. And oil isn't going to stay at $35-45 a barrel forever. As to the move, I know what you mean! You're sort of locked in until you've sold your own place, but meanwhile you have to pay the mortgage and a rent and storage fees. By the time you're done, and the realtor has his commission, you're nearly wiped out of any gains you ever had! Hang in there my girl![/QUOTE]

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Howdy Verm! Yep. Tropical storm and hurricane coming through, but hopefully they'll both go south of the islands. What's more of a pain in the whatnot is the Conservation conference taking place in the next couple of days, with its usual bunch of pompous windbags, so a load of roads will be closed down for their protection/convenience/limos (and I live across from the Convention center). Grrrrrr

Howdy Hula! Ya'll weathering it out there ok?[/QUOTE

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Exactly. I don't know the size, as I'm not in the market for a new one. It isn't very big. My mother was quoted over $8,000 dollars for a new one. These things don't last much more than 15 years these days. The price for one is close to triple the price, back when I bought mine. You could have a nice car, for what they want for this. My vehicle is 15 years old. The money I paid for it, now goes to health insurance. So more than likely, I'll drive it as long as I can.

Anyway, lots of people are hurting these days financially. I know I'm not the only one. The price of rent here is through the roof. I'm going to have to think this over carefully. It is a big decision for me.

QUOTE="Hulamoon, post: 18475439, member: 91304"]What size are you looking at KKay? If your present unit is that old, chances are you will be able to find one that is more of an energy saver. And oil isn't going to stay at $35-45 a barrel forever. As to the move, I know what you mean! You're sort of locked in until you've sold your own place, but meanwhile you have to pay the mortgage and a rent and storage fees. By the time you're done, and the realtor has his commission, you're nearly wiped out of any gains you ever had! Hang in there my girl!
[/QUOTE]
Wow! Must be one of those whole house a/c's, yes? Offer Ed and BK a couple days holiday at your place and tell them to bring their spanners!

Last edited:

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
I'm thinking about getting Chromecast.($35) All I'm interested in doing at the moment is sending something from the PC to my receiver which will then go to the TV. And there's a number of ways to do it. I just have to decide which one I want to use. Laptop, tablet, Chromecast, or new wireless Blu-ray. Any one will do the job as long as it has an hdmi out port. I have a habit of over thinking these things.o_O
Ah! I see. I'm sure someone will come by with their thoughts on the best solution. I think I'd get something that can do double duty though for that day when your computer poops out on you - of course you may have a whole bunch of Blu-ray discs that you play too. :) And we do have Labor Day sales coming up, so there may be something in that. Meanwhile I know I'll be calling on retic for that Linux download one of these days when I'm ready for that!

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Well, got a problem I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out but I don't remember who the DIY folks are in the group.

I placed a $200 order for my HHV Juices and as usual ticked the 18mg strength box then requested the strengths to be 21mg in the special instructions. This time however, when the order arrived, their was a note inside stating that due to FDA regs, they were unable to make custom strengths any longer. Instead of notifying me by email or phone, they chose to fill the entire order @ 18mg strength.

I've had a stressful week so I was a little pissy when I opened the order, but as I've thought about it, I'm not really that upset. I have around 2 years worth of 100 mg/ml nicotine properly stored in smaller glass bottles, tucked away in a pelican case, in the deep freeze, hedging my bets against the final FDA showdown, but I have no idea how to use it yet. Now, I'm a nurse so I understand stoichiometry and fixing it myself isn't too far fetched, especially since I always order my HHV in 100ml bottles. I think it is time I learned to use my stocks.

Anyhow, who here is a DIY juicer and do you have any suggestions.

put 97ml of your juice into empty 100 ml bottles, ( or, remove 3 ml of your juice from the 100ml bottles of your juice) then add 3 ml of 100nic juice to it... shake n vape

if your juice is in 50ml bottles, remove 1.5 ml and replace with 1.5 ml of 100 nic

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
put 97ml of your juice into empty 100 ml bottles, ( or, remove 3 ml of your juice from the 100ml bottles of your juice) then add 3 ml of 100nic juice to it... shake n vape

if your juice is in 50ml bottles, remove 1.5 ml and replace with 1.5 ml of 100 nic

Thanks man. This is what I was thinking but was unsure. Do you have a favorite way of measuring juice at those amounts?

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I may have mentioned this before. I was growing up in the 60's when Vietnam was going hot and heavy. A number of my friend's older brothers were off to war. My parents would have the news on every night and I'd always see the clips of our soldiers being dragged out of the jungle on stretchers after having been shot up. Bandages all over them. Blood everywhere. To be honest with you, I thought this is how life was. As a kid you have fun playing baseball in the park and then when you're old enough you go fight in a war. I really thought every kid in the world did the same thing. It's what boys do. Nam was over just before I turned of age. It took awhile before I realized that wasn't supposed to be normal.

We grew up watching a lot of WW I & WW II movies too back then and don't forget M.A.S.H (did I get the name right?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Well there is good news, and bad news. The good news is, my ac can limp along for a time more. The bad news is, I am going to need a new one. The price of those things are just crazy. I'm not able to get a new one. So it looks like I may end up borrowing a window ac unit, to help out. This ac unit is 18 years old. I am going to have to revisit the thought of moving. I want to, but it isn't so easy. I have to put stuff in storage, and get rid of a bunch of stuff, and move in to some place that will not cost a fortune, that is fairly safe, and will allow my pets. I also want to move into a more rural environment eventually.

Can you wait till Christmas to buy the AC? It'd be much cheaper then I think

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Went to the district land office today for Mama to co-sign land over to a new owner (all three sisters had to sign) thought'd be an in&out thing but took most the day to square away all the red tape

Mama is exhausted and so am I
It's Miller time! [emoji482]

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Don't you know it! And the technology changes so fast that what you learned in the past no longer applies. Got to hook up with a geek somewhere. Maybe Lori keeps up with all that crap.

Right you are, Bronze - actually the new one you're buying from the store is already obsolete

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
and... you will learn quickly to leave the seat down ;)

and stock up on TP :)

I've already been trained to do that. Luckily the main bathroom also has a men's room style urinal [emoji847]

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
We grew up watching a lot of WW I & WW II movies too back then and don't forget M.A.S.H (did I get the name right?)

I never watched MASH when it came out. I didn't like the show. In fact, I didn't start watching MASH until about 2001. They played six episodes in a row every day on TVLand. I got hooked and thought it was the best show ever (along with Andy Griffith). Since then i watched every episode probably 20 times. :)

Users who are viewing this thread